Bobs book??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Re: Bobs book??

Post by Geo Sav »

I got the email too. That's cool they are sending a second copy. Can't wait to read it.
meadsie

Post by meadsie »

My signed book arrived this morning! YAY!

What a fantastic book - the quality of the production, the photos, the writing.

Of course I quickly skipped to the Ozzy section.. I haven't had chance to read it properly yet, but wow.

This section answers a lot of questions and has some fantastic photos of Randy.

This is certainly the book to buy.

Well done Bob - it has been worth the wait!

Richard
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Just got my copy earlier and am about to settle into the remainder of my evening with it.
Who am I kidding? May as well clear the decks for the next couple of days! :lol:
Once more, I thank Bob and Troy for their efforts, as well as making themselves available to the fans. 8)
Congratulations, Bob!

~Tom
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Anyone wanna sell there 1st copy?
dasboot

Post by dasboot »

Wow, great picture of you with Bob and Lee Shaun. Did you get a chance to talk to them?
"He could interpret blazing renditions of his compositions as easily as taking a breath"-Rudy Sarzo
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It would of been a great pic if it was me...Attention to detail, if you look again the guy behind them is Ricky the guy who owns the guitar shop.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Good my book yesterday. I'm from Québec Canada.. I couldnt resist going direct to Randy chapter. I will read Bob life later. MAn, its really great and lots of new info and picture.. Now, if LEe could write too!!
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Got my book yesterday. I'm from Québec Canada.. I couldnt resist going direct to Randy chapter. I will read Bob life later. MAn, its really great and lots of new info and picture.. Now, if LEe could write too!!
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

oh btw, i understand why they said they have a problem with the book. I have ten pages already detached from the book :(
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

fortress wrote:oh btw, i understand why they said they have a problem with the book. I have ten pages already detached from the book :(
Ouch, they weren't kidding!! Better leave my first copy unopened and wait for the replacement. :(
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Yeah when you start reading in the middle section of the book, has you turn pages, they just fell appart!
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

got my copy a couple days ago - having no problem with the binding - it's in perfect condition. And what a beautiful book!! Larger than a regular book and is quite vast. It will take long while to read the whole thing.
Bob really outdid himself. I've scanned a few pages and i've never seen a rock book looking this good. 10+ quality.
I'll post a review sometime in the near future, but this is a real gem - not to be missed.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Got mine today! Haven't had a chance to look through it yet, but now I have some weekend reading! :)
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Just spent some time (carefully) flipping through my signed copy, which was the first to arrive. All I can say is WOW! Definitely looks like it was worth the wait! Bob wasn't joking when he said he wanted this book to be great. I've just skimmed a few sections, as it's late, but there looks to be tons of info, and some great pics. Nice work, Mr. Daisley!

I don't know guys, between Bob's book and the Velocity book, I don't know that it's gonna get better than this, book-wise. I can say if there's never another book that discusses Randy ever published, I'm more than happy with what's out there. Bob has gone to admirable lengths to put forth a great product here.

I can see myself in the next few days reading this thing cover to cover.

Impressive, and WELL worth the money!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

My second copy arrived today, so for everyone who had earlier editions with loose pages. The printers have started to dispatch the more sturdier copy. I'll keep this one in good condition as my first copy is in a sad state now, pity as that is the signed copy. I'm about two thirds through the book and it has been a very entertaining read with some great laughs on the way. What would you expect from the 'Prince of Daftness' full of waffle dust. Bob's mother proves to be a mystic fortune teller and her predictions are just unbelievable to predict that RR would die at a young age. How Bob was pre-warned but couldn't see the connection of the guy being Randy. As he was not in the Blizzard band when his Mom seen into this future window. Maybe if he had continued to play in the band in the earlier days things may have worked out differently while Randy was still alive. I don't want to give too much away, but enjoy the book it was a long time in the making, but well worth it.