Quick Question

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Quick Question

Post by Axeman1956 »

Errmmm, how do I say this? :oops: :oops: What show(s) are the songs "Goodbye to Romance" and "No Bone Movies" on the Tribute album taken from? :oops: I kinda don't know :lol:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Quick Question

Post by Paul Wolfe »

From Wikipedia:

"The songs from "I Don't Know" through to "Paranoid" were recorded live in Cleveland, Ohio[citation needed] on May 11, 1981, though Osbourne stated upon the album's release in 1987 that the performance had been recorded "somewhere in Canada". "Goodbye to Romance" and "No Bone Movies" are taken from the very first Blizzard tour, possibly from Southampton on October 2, 1980. These two tracks feature bassist Bob Daisley and drummer Lee Kerslake. Rhoads' guitar solo is from Montreal on July 28, 1981."
Sepheratta
Cool Member

Post by Sepheratta »

Paul Wolfe wrote:From Wikipedia:

"The songs from "I Don't Know" through to "Paranoid" were recorded live in Cleveland, Ohio[citation needed] on May 11, 1981, though Osbourne stated upon the album's release in 1987 that the performance had been recorded "somewhere in Canada". "Goodbye to Romance" and "No Bone Movies" are taken from the very first Blizzard tour, possibly from Southampton on October 2, 1980. These two tracks feature bassist Bob Daisley and drummer Lee Kerslake. Rhoads' guitar solo is from Montreal on July 28, 1981."
Hey, July 28th is my B-Day!

Ahem, sorry. Hehe

I did not know this piece of info. I should use Wiki more.....
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Sepheratta wrote:I did not know this piece of info. I should use Wiki more.....

That's cool, but don't rely on it. Anyone and their grandmother
can edit ANYTHING on Wikipedia :wink:
Sepheratta
Cool Member

Post by Sepheratta »

Stiltzkin wrote:

Ah, hmm.......

Drat, didn't know that either.......
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Stiltzkin wrote:

Indeed, Wikipedia and the various wiki's are great, but I do find it disconcerting the number of people that consider it a proper academic resource when writing university/ college work etc.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

rice_pudding wrote: Indeed, Wikipedia and the various wiki's are great, but I do find it disconcerting the number of people that consider it a proper academic resource when writing university/ college work etc.

Rob
While at university a fellow student made an observation to a lecturer and sited a Wikipedia entry as the source for the basis of his argument, the lecturer sighed and lowered his head and his shoulders sank. He went on to say, he had once altered a wiki entry as a wee joke once only to find that no one had corrected it for over a year.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

That sounds about right Shawn :lol:

As long as it's properly sourced there's nothing wrong with wikipedia as a source for facts and things that simply are what they are. Like mathematical formula, it's wrong or it's right.

But most academic courses demand the development of research skills from students, not to mention demonstrating an ability to interrogate a source of info. How can you do either with wikipedia, it's a collection of conventional wisdom watered down into the viewpoint of an anonymous author.

Much as I love wikipedia and the various wikis out there, it's one of those things that often makes me facepalm when I think of young people today. Wait a minute... I am a young person :shock: Double facepalm! :P

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk