Was Randy Ever Bad?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Sepheratta
Cool Member

Was Randy Ever Bad?

Post by Sepheratta »

From what I know, Randy was a good boy, but was he bad? I know that Kevin DuBrow had always been sort of a bad boy, but had Randy? I'm talking about when they were in school. Was Randy the kind of boy that would smart-off the teacher, or was he respectful and polite? I know he was fond of his mother alot. And kids and teens that are nice to their parents are usually the ones who are respectful. And Randy was also a teacher there for a time.

And was the rest of Quiet Riot "bad" in highschool going through the teen years? Or was Kelly Garni and all of them like Randy?

Just curious.
BowTie29
Cool Member

Re: Was Randy Ever Bad?

Post by BowTie29 »

He did cocaine when in Quiet Riot although by Diary for sure he just focused on music as no drugs were found in his system, Rudy has also said that he didn't party by Diary either. He d skip school when he could according to Kelly Garni. In comparison to other musicians of his time he wasn't too bad but still did some and things
Sepheratta
Cool Member

Post by Sepheratta »

BowTie29 wrote:He did cocaine when in Quiet Riot although by Diary for sure he just focused on music as no drugs were found in his system, Rudy has also said that he didn't party by Diary either. He d skip school when he could according to Kelly Garni. In comparison to other musicians of his time he wasn't too bad but still did some and things
Ahh, hmm....so that's a yes, he was bad in his teen years? Makes sense, I suppose.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Most musicians did drugs back then. I don't think anyone really minds lol.
I always find it humorous when these guys stand their talking about how drugs cause all the health problems in the world. Very few illegal drugs, even when heavily abused (perhaps exclude heroin, crack etc) cause more health problems over a long period than alcohol. I think it's worth just putting into context. Randy may have engaged in drugs. I don't know. But there is no doubt that he was more focused on music than anything else in his life.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Randy was a joker... I have read that he had his share of pranks that might have been over the top.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Sepheratta
Cool Member

Post by Sepheratta »

axeman_12656 wrote:Randy was a joker... I have read that he had his share of pranks that might have been over the top.
Yeah. I heard that he was quite a silly-goose, sorta. Wasn't sure if it was true, though. Hehe.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

BowTie29 wrote:He did cocaine when in Quiet Riot...
That's the first time I've heard that, where is this info from?
Sepheratta
Cool Member

Post by Sepheratta »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
I was 'bout to say the same thing. Never knew he did........
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

He was only human like us all. He lived around the rock n roll lifestyle in Hollywood in the 70's but whatever little minor things he may have done does not come near being "bad". Closest he would be considered bad is a badass!! 8)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I know he was a smart-ass and could be mischievous, so I guess it depends on how you define "bad". I think Kevin wanted to be a rock 'n' roll bad boy much more than Randy did.
Sepheratta
Cool Member

Post by Sepheratta »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I know he was a smart-ass and could be mischievous, so I guess it depends on how you define "bad". I think Kevin wanted to be a rock 'n' roll bad boy much more than Randy did.
That's exactly what I wanted to know...hehe.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
I've heard this before. I can't recall the exact sources, though. It's been mentioned in a couple of places. GUITAR WORLD?

Really, it's one of those things that's incidental, IMO. As some people already pointed out, it was the music that matters, and Randy was, after all, human. I could frankly care less what the guy did in his spare time - he was a monster talent, and left great music.

And let's face it - the entertainment industry is riddled with substance use, to this day. It's just slightly more well-hidden nowadays. People would probably be surprised who has a problem. In the 80's it seemed to be at an all-time high, especially in metal, so this should come as a surprise to no one. I'm not saying Randy had a problem (highly doubtful, based on what we know), but it's a little naive to think that he didn't indulge now and then. Plus, there's the long nail on his pinkie finger....c'mon people.

In the end, he was a great, talented human being who left a tremendous legacy. End of story.
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

He was a great musician and the drugs didn't matter much, there is a video of it in YouTube to answer your question if there's proof, but I agree with all of you that it doesn't matter as he is the greatest ever at guitar which all that matters
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

For being a Rock star I think he was tame with the whole drug thing. Music was what mattered the most. I don't think he over indulged.