Randy Quiz number 1

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

Actually, on The Randy RHoads Years, Kenny Hillery is playing bass on those two tracks and LAst Call for RNR. I think Mr. DuBrow has said Randy never played bass on any demos.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Follis wrote:Actually, on The Randy RHoads Years, Kenny Hillery is playing bass on those two tracks and LAst Call for RNR. I think Mr. DuBrow has said Randy never played bass on any demos.
but i thought KH was floated in way after Randy, 1996 in fact!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Follis wrote:Actually, on The Randy RHoads Years, Kenny Hillery is playing bass on those two tracks and LAst Call for RNR. I think Mr. DuBrow has said Randy never played bass on any demos.
So Kevin DuBrow is full of shit ?? His notes inside the QR The Randy Rhoads Years states Randy would play the bass on our studio sessions,as he did on this song "Picking up the Pieces"."Breaking up is a Heartache" quote Again this has Randy on Bass.Kenny Hillary does get a mention as Additional Bass .
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

here is a poster advertising day on the green :D.

Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

skezza wrote:
but i thought KH was floated in way after Randy, 1996 in fact!
No, Kenny joined up with Kevin, 90ish. I don't know why but ask Mr. DuBrow. Someone has.

Anyway, all the songs on TRRY were heavily edited 7 mixed. All vox were re-done except on Force of Habit. All of Randy's guitar parts were re-recorded through Carlos' Marshalls, all new backingvox except on Force of Habit; Last Call is Mama's Little Angels re-arranged by Bobby Rondinelli and features Kenny and Bobby, and Kenny did bass on the other two tracks. Only Force of Habit was left as it is, as the masters for that were dead and it was copied from a copy Drew Forsyth had.
And, by 1996 Kenny was dead; he committed suicide.
gtmo

Post by gtmo »

This is good questions.
http://gtmometal.blogspot.com/
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

So you mean not even Randy's playing was on that album? :?
I'm confused.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:So Kevin DuBrow is full of shit ??

That all depends on whether you believe what Kevin said then and what Kevin says now. A lot of people have started giving Mr. DuBrow minor-diety status for his involvement at RR.Tk... his story chages a lot for a guy with such an excellent memory.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah but when you endorse an LP with your name on it you Don't put a load of bullshit inside, saying Randy plays bass on this and that... Then in an interview 5 years later.Randy was in Russia.. ! when that Lp was made so how did he play bass on that EEEERRRMMM...Come on we hear so many different storys about this wasn't how it happened BLAH BLAH...Enough said..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ell wrote:So you mean not even Randy's playing was on that album? :?
I'm confused.
Ell thats why the LP is called Quiet Riot the Randy Rhoads years because he doesn't play on it...Come on are you for real,or are you looking for attention..
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Ell wrote:So you mean not even Randy's playing was on that album? :?
I'm confused.
Ell thats why the LP is called Quiet Riot the Randy Rhoads years because he doesn't play on it...Come on are you for real,or are you looking for attention..
I know i'm very stupid but still, someone said that all the guitar parts were re-recorded through Carlos' Marshalls, I don't understand this :? Did they replay the originals through the Marshalls or get Carlos to play them or what??
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ell don't get involved its to complicated all i know is that it has All guitars :Randy Rhoads on the inside booklet.But other people do get mentioned in the Thanks list.
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

Listen, everyone involved in QR, including Randy, thought the early stuff was crap. Mrs. Rhoads, knowing this, didn't want to release the QR stuff. Eventually, Kevin & Kelly convinced her to let them do TRRY. To make it sound decent, it got the works. Just compare the originals to the TRRY versions. To get the guitars to sound better, all of Randy's parts were played thorugh Marshall amps and re-recorded.

Also, just because it isn't listed in the booklet doesn't mean it didn't happen. Jimmy Bain & Bobby Rondinelli weren't credited for their work with Scorpions. Chuck Wright wasn't listed for playing bass on (We Were) Born to Rock. Randy wasn't given a song credit on CC for Winners Take All.