Randy Quiz number 1

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Randy Quiz number 1

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Everyone i hope you's enjoy this month's quiz and to make it a little bit special this time a prize is up for grabs.I have an excellent copy of the Mick Wall book Ozzy Osbourne Diary of a Madman.This book is now deleted so this is a collectors item and quite rare.It is a really great read and it has some really cool pics of Randy.It covers the Black Sabbath years through to Bark at the moon.Good Luck to you all :wink:
PLEASE REMEMBER TO PM THE ANSWERS TO ME DON'T POST THEM UP!..

1.The Quiet Riot songs "Picking Up the Pieces" and "Breaking Up is A Heartache " they both have something in common, what is this...?

2.What were Quiet Riot originally called...?

3.How did they find the name " Quiet Riot "...?

4.How much did it cost for Randy's Karl Sandoval Polka-Dot flying V...?

5.What is the inscription on Randy's grave stone..?

6.The Day on the Green Oakland California 4 July 1981 aswell as Ozzy Osbourne's Blizzard Of Ozz who else was on the bill...?

7.The Day on the Green concert mentioned produced a photo by the photographer Ross Halfin and this was Randys favourite Live photo.But why is Randy laughing so much....?

8.The intro to Diary of a Madman how was Randy's guitar sound created...?

9.What name did the Blizzard of Ozz use for three early warm up gigs and where did they play..?

10.How many pages does this months prize have? Not including the cover.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PM THE ANSWERS TO ME..any answers that are put up on the forum will be removed and that person will be disqualified.I will post the answers up on Monday 7th August 6.00pm (GMT)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Bloody hell I have no idea about most of these! I dont think you want to give that book away do you :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger, I thought i'd better get you's thinking it'll take a bit of research but the answers are out there.I would say 7 out of 10 are quite easy and if you've read most books etc the answers are looking at you.Best of luck to you all :wink:
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Hold on? Do you mean we are allowed to research??
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Ell wrote:Hold on? Do you mean we are allowed to research??
100% YEP! Is that right guitaruidol?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ell wrote:Hold on? Do you mean we are allowed to research??
What do you mean Are we allowed to research if you don't know the question you better find the answer because come Monday 6:00pm it'll be all over and by the looks of things this book will still be mine.Nobody has PM'd me any of the answers up to now.!!!...So anyone could win this and it could be YOU... :wink:
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well up to now we have a very good score from Metal Matt he must of stayed up all night swatting he knows his Randy Rhoads knowledge :idea: i'm not going to let you's know what he scored.I'll list all the reply's on Monday.So get your thinking caps on and PM me your answers :?: :!:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

My fellow admin wont be back until late Monday evening and I am sure he would have loved a go at this!
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cheers Darin, If you are having a crack at this months quiz you better get your answers in fast as you only have until Monday 6.00pm (GMT).I may extend the time by a couple of days as the response hasn't been as good as the first effort.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

For question 5 do you mean his current tomb or his old grave?
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

This is such a cool idea :D :D :D :D :D :D :D a huge pat on the back for the guy who had this idea :D
Randy rocked
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Quiz "Answers" number 1

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

1.The Quiet Riot songs "Picking Up the Pieces" and "Breaking Up is A Heartache " they both have something in common, what is this...?

The thing that these two songs have in common is that they both have Randy playing "Bass" guitar aswell as lead..

2.What were Quiet Riot originally called...?

Quiet Riot were originally called Little Women

3.How did they find the name " Quiet Riot "...?

It was through Rick Parfitt from the British band Status Quo and they had visions of calling an LP Quiet Riot,and it would be a good name for a band.Kevin discussed this with Randy and everyone thought it was a great name..

4.How much did it cost for Randy's Karl Sandoval Polka-Dot flying V...?

$738 dollars before the damage to the neck

5.What is the inscription on Randy's grave stone..?

The inscription on Randys Grave/Tomb stone is "An inspiration for all young people"..(picture below)

6.The Day on the Green Oakland California 4 July 1981 aswell as Ozzy Osbourne's Blizzard Of Ozz who else was on the bill...?

This question was quite easy but a few of you's missed one of the bands out but i give it to you anyway,that was a local band called 415 the rest of the line up was Pat Travers, Blue Oyster Cult,Loverboy and Heart.(pictured below)

7.The Day on the Green concert mentioned produced a photo by the photographer Ross Halfin and this was Randys favourite Live photo.But why is Randy laughing so much....?

This is quite a funny story Randy was riffing away with his legs apart in typical pose and his trousers ripped straight up the back side.So Ross Halfin noticed this and he tried his best to get a shot of this ,but he never did.Thats how Randy is laughing so much.I'll try and get this photo posted up as it is Randy's favourite Live photo and a cool story..(picture below)

8.The intro to Diary of a Madman how was Randy's guitar sound created...?

One of the first things you may notice when you listen to the Introduction is that it sounds like more then one guitar...and you're right.Randy loved to overdub himself,here he played a nylon string acoustic and then overdubbed this with a steel string guitar to add extra depth to his sound.

9.What name did the Blizzard of Ozz use for three early warm up gigs and where did they play..?

These gigs have never had a date put to them and non of the band members can remember which venue they played at...!!!.The name they went under was "Law" and the three gigs happened at Blackpool and Cromer both in England UK.

10.How many pages does this months prize have? Not including the cover.

208 pages not including the cover.

The winner of this months quiz is .....DRUMROLL :roll: GUITARIDOL5682

Only joking with an excellent score and 100% 10/10 this months prize goes to Metal Matt..Well done Matt if you can PM me your address i'll get the book shipped to you OK
Don't forget that next month's Quiz will be starting on 1st September so keep your eyes open for that one.Please have a go it costs nothing and the more the merrier :wink:
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

At least one of these was mostly written by Randy after he broke up with his girlfriend of several years, the one prior to Jodi Raskin. Although, without doing a little research I do not remember which song it was off the top of my head.

Interestingly enough, Randy and Jodi got together, and, at the same time, Randy's ex-girlfriend got together with Jodi's brother, Paul. It was a close knit group!

RM
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

you guys are amazing