Concorde pickups

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

ThreeMan

Concorde pickups

Post by ThreeMan »

I always thought Randy used a Seymour Duncan SH-6 Distortion in the bridge but the replica has a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Re: Concorde pickups

Post by Axeman1956 »

i don't think it makes a difference. I do believe Randy's sound came mostly from the pedalboard.
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

He had a Distortion not a JB from what I've read everywhere
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

BowTie29 wrote:He had a Distortion not a JB from what I've read everywhere
Keep in mind, until they actually looked at it for the replica, nobody knew the stripes were dark blue. EVERYONE (Including Jackson) thought it was black.

So, I'd say it's possible. They made the replica as much of a copy of the original as possible. I have a hard time believing they'd just throw different pickups on it for shits and giggles.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

He had a sh-2 and sh-4. Just like the replica now has.that's what I always read. Gold poles too.. Don't think chip or mike would have got that wrong.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

no JB, even though it is a nice pickup. Distortion all the way :twisted:
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Cryptic Night wrote:Keep in mind, until they actually looked at it for the replica, nobody knew the stripes were dark blue. EVERYONE (Including Jackson) thought it was black.

So, I'd say it's possible. They made the replica as much of a copy of the original as possible. I have a hard time believing they'd just throw different pickups on it for shits and giggles.
I agree with this because of how many "mistakes" there have been over the years....the limited concordes of the early 90's weren't the right shape, colour has always been wrong so I think there is every chance it had a JB or that the relic is wrong as well.

here's a question......can anyone hear the difference in the recorded sound of randy's different guitars???? we have all seen the break down of what guitars he used on what song but I for one can't hear any difference between his LP and the concorde. He was like all great guitarists who's sound comes from them not what he was using so no matter what he used it still sounds like randy rhoads...so something as subtle as pick up aren't gonna make a bit of difference :mrgreen:
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

i hear more of a difference between the LP and the PDV.