DOAM Stage Set Blueprint - Hi Res!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Whipper
Cool Member

DOAM Stage Set Blueprint - Hi Res!

Post by Whipper »

An early Christmas fans for RR fans... I recently won a Xerox copy of the blueprint of the Diary of a Madman stage set on eBay. And rather than hoard it like most people, I brought it to a blueprint scanning service to finally "liberate" it for all to see in fully legible detail. It was impossible to make anything out with that tiny image that's been floating around for some time now, and I always was curious what those measurements were. This is a 2K cleaned up JPEG version:
Attachments
diarystage_blueprint.jpg
Ric

Whipper
Cool Member

Re: DOAM Stage Set Blueprint - Hi Res!

Post by Whipper »

If you want an even higher resolution file, here's a PDF of the original scan. This drawing is 24" x 36", and was scanned @ 200 dpi.
Attachments
Diary Stage Blueprint.pdf
(402.38 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Ric

axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Cool, Thanks
Live Life Stronger Than Death
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I don't honestly think that this document has any original connection with the Ozzy stage production. This has been made by a seller on ebay, who will not be mentioned but i'm sure we know him by name. His girlfriend just happens to be an architect and has access to large printing machines for making Ozzy tour posters and items like this ??. The info on the poster is wrong, if you check out the window on the left. That was altered to Don Airey's request after the set had been built, so it would of originaly been like the one on the right. Plus the name down the right hand side..They are mentioned in the tour programme from the time. I don't want to diss your item Whipper but i have always been cautious about this blue print and more because of the seller.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Regardless, it's cool in my opinion, thanks Whipper!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Liberation! Set them free Whipper! Idol, Whom is the seller? Email me? I did buy a cheap copy of a few pages of this in the 90's. I could repost if I find it. I'm a sucker for this era (see FHA single post). I remember an Mtv int, which there are several Mtv News clips with Ozzy and the designer Simon R, who is listed on the drawing, showing a model of the stage with a hanging figure (star wars figure?). You could be half correct Idol, they could have touched up the original to pass it off as an original...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Regardless, it's cool in my opinion, thanks Whipper!
Paul it is a cool item, but you'd be pissed if you paid $70.00 for it. Then finding out it is nothing but a fake and not from the 80's and made yesterday. The guy who makes these is a con artist and not to be trusted.
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Figures! Well, if that is the case, at least I really didn't get burned that badly at all.... got it for $18. The seller is going by the name of 'themonkeyskloset79' (eBay member since May this year) if that helps at all. This seller appears to be female though, and claims to have gotten this stuff through her ex who was in the music industry. It's too bad I didn't take notice of the name on the return address of the envelope when I received it though. I think so long as the measurements are still correct, it's still useful. Any idea if that's the case?
Ric

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Whipper wrote:Figures! Well, if that is the case, at least I really didn't get burned that badly at all.... got it for $18. The seller is going by the name of 'themonkeyskloset79' (eBay member since May this year) if that helps at all. This seller appears to be female though, and claims to have gotten this stuff through her ex who was in the music industry. It's too bad I didn't take notice of the name on the return address of the envelope when I received it though. I think so long as the measurements are still correct, it's still useful. Any idea if that's the case?
I've just check out 'themonkeyskloset79' feedback and she has sold a few similar items to the guy i mentioned. So i can gather that she has bought them from him and copied them to resell. At least this seller is stating that they are copies. Looking at the rest of the items this person sells these are genuine and not BS like the other guy.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thnx for sharing Ric! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Yes You are amazing!
thats what i used for a 3d model of the stage i made one time, but it was hard to see the measurements correctly
so thankyou
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Regardless, it's cool in my opinion, thanks Whipper!
Paul it is a cool item, but you'd be pissed if you paid $70.00 for it. Then finding out it is nothing but a fake and not from the 80's and made yesterday. The guy who makes these is a con artist and not to be trusted.
I agree, but I wanted to say thanks for sharing with us...
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

Bought this many years ago off Ebay, came as part of a concert rider/contract, can't remember what show the contract was for offhand.
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

One day when i make it big, i will have my home designed to look like this stage. And it will be awesome.