http://youtu.be/rxPaLOg_KJA
SO MANY interesting things in this 11 minute banter

Lets Discuss
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Stewie
Mass Poster

Re: Kelle Rhoads Speaks from Birthday Celebration

Post by Stewie »

a quote from the video: "... then, not too long ago, it was decided the car should be moved into the garage. So, with four flat tires and alot of manpower, we got the car in the garage. And we looked inside the car and we discovered something, that we had no idea existed..."

What were you hoping when you heard this? I was hoping for a whole pack of guitar tabs.. :). Or a bag of video tapes... that would be amazing
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Stewie wrote:a quote from the video: "... then, not too long ago, it was decided the car should be moved into the garage. So, with four flat tires and alot of manpower, we got the car in the garage. And we looked inside the car and we discovered something, that we had no idea existed..."

What were you hoping when you heard this? I was hoping for a whole pack of guitar tabs.. :). Or a bag of video tapes... that would be amazing
for a sec i was like wow.... A full length concert video!!! hahaha... kidding of course

Yeah.... That part was really interesting. Would be nice if they sold what they found in the back of that car and put the money towards a charity!! What fan wouldn't love to have one of those.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Kelle told us that story -pretty cool, I wonder if the pedals were from when RR's pedalboard died ?Neat about the bowties too.
**Just watched the video he never mentioned the pedals- Kelle said there were a bunch of stomp boxes in there too and some other guitar items-I have the video where you can hear the story and he asks not to talk about it (as my kid was shooting vid of the school) but I guess he took care of that secret :lol:
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

May very well be true that Bob's book is relevant and the best that will be out, but I still wonder if KG's version is still in the works ??? I truly think that this video would be at the most an embarrassment to Randy. :oops: What was his brother thinking ???? :fish: Mele Kalikimaka to all UR forum friends :fish: :wink:
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

I felt like Kelle was def going at Joels book in stating that "an auther reading interviews from magazines isn't credible". Wonder what he didn't like about it?
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

That video is a prime example of everything that is wrong with the folks handling the RR legacy.
I am sure Kelle was 'the star of the show' at the RR party.
Just how he seems to like it.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

At one time i had respect for KR lose the cigar mate and stop riding on your bros fame.... Kelle if those bow ties are for sale put me down for a couple.
Strange how he knows that Bob Daisley's books coming out in March. I think he better let Bob know Eh!!. No mention of his mate Kelly Garni and his book. Looks like that idea has been well shelved or a pure pipe dream.
Glam Keef

Post by Glam Keef »

I felt like Kelle was def going at Joels book in stating that "an auther reading interviews from magazines isn't credible". Wonder what he didn't like about it?
Interesting stuff. He does provide reasoning for his 'disappointment' with what is clearly Joel's book he's talking about - it's got several key errors in it and some 'overights'. I did contact Joel about this and he was very quick and gracious in his response. Overall I think Joel did a great job but I also think he works on too many projects at the same time. Let's hope that the second edition of the book is more accurate.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

That was just sad to me. He appeared to have had too much wine and should not have been on camera at all. I agree, what an embarrassing performance. "I love coming, it's one of my favorite activities"??? Why would an adult say that on camera?
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Paul Wolfe wrote:"I love coming, it's one of my favorite activities"??? Why would an adult say that on camera?
bada-bing! :lol:
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Whadda goin' to do? All eyes are on Kelle Rhoads...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have to agree with what Kelle said about Joel's book. It was lacking in research and important dates and other freely available info was wrong. Overall it wasn't a bad book, but it could of been made alot better. I didn't find 179+ errors with the book so i don't know if Kelle is just spouting off on something he thinks is a bad product ?.
baconstealer1

Post by baconstealer1 »

OMG he is so drunk hahaha
Randy died because God wanted Guitar lessons
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

It's a shame we can't hear the questions he is asked (assuming when he looks and pauses there is someone asking Q) because it might put a slightly different spin on it...but I think it should have been done before he got hammered to :lol: