It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:35 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 14 of 14   [ 209 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:54 pm 
Madman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm
Posts: 487
Trigger wrote:
Sadly I have seen randys fan base shrink, and time is the biggest factor! I agree with Paul too, his popularity is neglagable despite his huge talent and nobody is able to take his still visible genius to the masses.
I still believe that randys legacy was managed very badly and the strict overseeing of his official persona just allowed people to wander away bored and unfulfilled.
I think all that kept him alive were the live recording and when it was clear they had dried up people focused hope on video and studio outakes.

Many have just grown older and all they cherish about randy remained the same, but for them along came a partner, house and kids so that dried up unfed love of randy was forgotten."


Very much agree with you. One of the biggest reasons people begin to fade out is because 9.9 times out of 10 there is no gold at the end of the rainbow when it comes to Randy.

That's why I think it's best to realize what we have and go from there. I can understand why people may not want to openly distribute things, it's their personal grail and sometimes money isn't the trick.

A side note: I would love if one day I could see a quality video of Randy at the beginning of Over The Mountain. That intro is just killer and when I mean quality I mean one that's in front of Randy and not to the opposite side. :P

Also would love to see the Spotlight Solo/Band Jam.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:55 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 11:30 pm
Posts: 502
Location: utah, usa
Trigger wrote:
Sadly I have seen randys fan base shrink, and time is the biggest factor! I agree with Paul too, his popularity is neglagable despite his huge talent and nobody is able to take his still visible genius to the masses.
I still believe that randys legacy was managed very badly and the strict overseeing of his official persona just allowed people to wander away bored and unfulfilled.
I think all that kept him alive were the live recording and when it was clear they had dried up people focused hope on video and studio outakes.

Many have just grown older and all they cherish about randy remained the same, but for them along came a partner, house and kids so that dried up unfed love of randy was forgotten."

This is a pretty good observation. I think, this seems to be the most likely reasons for the dwindling fan base. Poorly managed and the "strict overseeing of his life" just gets old among others things that have been talked about in the past.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:31 pm 
Senior Member

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:21 pm
Posts: 65
I also think the Documentary debacle really hurt his fan base. I know many of us got really excited about that and waited and waited and waited and then for it to be shelved, took the wind out of the sails for many people. If it was done right, between netflix and guitar magazines, he would have gained new fans for sure.

Randy should be up there in popularity with Eddie but unfortunately, he's not and that's sad.

_________________
www.reverbnation.com/estang74


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:53 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5171
The documentary failed to come to fruition, but did it cause fans to leave? Maybe it caused fans to leave the forums - due to all the BS spouted from so many sides.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:40 am 
Madman

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 486
Paul Wolfe wrote:
The documentary failed to come to fruition, but did it cause fans to leave? Maybe it caused fans to leave the forums - due to all the BS spouted from so many sides.


I agree with this sentiment; it's equal parts the fault of many sides. In fact, I would liken it to being cyclical in nature - people keep wanting something new of Randy, the folks that are in a position to deliver something new or better don't deliver, and both sides get mad at on another. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's a vicious cycle, and ultimately everyone loses in the end.

I still find it so ironic, and also sad, that a guy that by all accounts was a pretty decent human being, has such a checkered legacy and has been on the short end of the stick in terms of material being released about him. If ever there was a case of life not being fair, it was in the case of Randy Rhoads, in almost every aspect imaginable.

These days, like the rest of you fine folks, I sit by, check the pages here occasionally, and just live my life. No matter how much we rue the fact that there isn't more Randy footage or "stuff", it isn't going to change what will be. Many people have tried hard, and kudos to them, to search for and bring to light more Randy "stuff", and most have been subsequently shut down at every turn. It's frustrating, but ultimately, I'm sad to say, this is how the legacy of a Randy Rhoads will fade away....with a whimper. I sincerely hope to be proven wrong, but I don't see it happening, to be honest. Past this forum and a few other places and people....no one cares. It's a sad, harsh, and unfortunate reality.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:11 am 
Senior Member

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 9:01 am
Posts: 81
Location: Barossa Valley - Sth Australia
The thing that I cant work out after all these years, is that the O$bournes hold the aces in regards to the legal side of the music, footage etc & obviously have the $ to purchase known (& unknown) audio & footage & have it restored. Why haven't they bitten the bullet & just bought it all from people who have either audio & video footage & both parties concerned are happy with purchase, possible slice of royalties etc?? The 30th Anniversary Box Set & the recently released Memoirs Of A Madman would have been the perfect opportunities to add these gems from that era into a nice little set that fans have waited sum 30+ years for. How Nirvana released the 20th anniversary editions of Nevermind & In Utero plus how Zeppelin have recently released the remastered 1st 5 albums are perfect examples of how I was expecting the 30th Anniversary Box Set of BOO & DOAM to be. Footage from ET, Passaic New Jersey or the Phoenix Bros would have topped it off. Im not holding my breath for a special 40th or 50th anniversary editions either... :x

BTW - footage from Passaic Capitol Theatre featuring Prince back in 1982 has recently come to light (Music Vault on you tube) - even though its b&w - its good quality. Makes you think what the Ozzy show would have been like...

_________________
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:29 am 
Cool Member

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:16 pm
Posts: 193
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
I'm just glad that at least Bob Daisley's grail tapes look like they will be released at some point. That is something tangible we can hope to hear. As for the documentary? Who knows? Maybe at some point something will be released... Although we're not getting any younger & I hope to see something here before I get to meet Randy on the other side...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:50 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 pm
Posts: 832
barossadude wrote:
The thing that I cant work out after all these years, is that the O$bournes hold the aces in regards to the legal side of the music, footage etc & obviously have the $ to purchase known (& unknown) audio & footage & have it restored. Why haven't they bitten the bullet & just bought it all from people who have either audio & video footage & both parties concerned are happy with purchase, possible slice of royalties etc?? The 30th Anniversary Box Set & the recently released Memoirs Of A Madman would have been the perfect opportunities to add these gems from that era into a nice little set that fans have waited sum 30+ years for. How Nirvana released the 20th anniversary editions of Nevermind & In Utero plus how Zeppelin have recently released the remastered 1st 5 albums are perfect examples of how I was expecting the 30th Anniversary Box Set of BOO & DOAM to be. Footage from ET, Passaic New Jersey or the Phoenix Bros would have topped it off. Im not holding my breath for a special 40th or 50th anniversary editions either... :x

BTW - footage from Passaic Capitol Theatre featuring Prince back in 1982 has recently come to light (Music Vault on you tube) - even though its b&w - its good quality. Makes you think what the Ozzy show would have been like...


The Osbournes lived life with Randy for two years, they were with him on stage, they don't need want we want because they lived it. They probably think us fans got a bunch already.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:18 pm 
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 pm
Posts: 22
I remember seeing Michael Angelo Batio at a guitar clinic he had done at a local music store and he had discussed that he was being part of the Randy Rhoads Documentary and everyone shit bricks, it was crazy! We were all so excited because it was the first time we had heard anything like that. I believe this was around the time when the documentary had just begun. The next time I saw him he said that it was still going on but there were some delays, something of that manner. The third time I saw him I don't think he even mentioned it anymore. It's such a shame that not even other guitar players can admire his legacy, let alone his fans..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:56 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5171
WizardOfOzz wrote:
It's such a shame that not even other guitar players can admire his legacy, let alone his fans..


What? How does the documentary not being shown publicly have anything to do with appreciating Randy?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:58 am 
Madman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:04 pm
Posts: 447
Paul Wolfe wrote:
WizardOfOzz wrote:
It's such a shame that not even other guitar players can admire his legacy, let alone his fans..


What? How does the documentary not being shown publicly have anything to do with appreciating Randy?


+1


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:36 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:45 pm
Posts: 1660
+2


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:03 pm 
Madman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm
Posts: 487
Paul Wolfe wrote:
WizardOfOzz wrote:
It's such a shame that not even other guitar players can admire his legacy, let alone his fans..


What? How does the documentary not being shown publicly have anything to do with appreciating Randy?


My assumption is he means exactly that, its a shame that Randy can't be appreciated in a public manner, such as a DVD release. Similar to the countless docs on numerous of other guitarists.

Just my take on his comment


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Bros Footage
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:01 pm 
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 pm
Posts: 22
That's what I meant..Lol


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 14 of 14   [ 209 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net