Phoenix Bros Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: Phoenix Bros Footage

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

alborg wrote:Ain't ever going to happen regardless of what they "could" do. We could theorize for another 20 pages or until the cows come home. They have made their decision.
Indeed. It's hugely unlikely it will see the light of day, but we can always hope, right?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

alborg wrote:or until the cows come home.

I've always been curious, just how far away from home are these cows? It's important to know so we can determine how long it would take them to get home. Also, how fast do cows travel?
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
alborg wrote:or until the cows come home.

I've always been curious, just how far away from home are these cows? It's important to know so we can determine how long it would take them to get home. Also, how fast do cows travel?
It seems like the cows are as far away as the Phoenix Bros Footage is... :)
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
alborg wrote:Ain't ever going to happen regardless of what they "could" do. We could theorize for another 20 pages or until the cows come home. They have made their decision.
Indeed. It's hugely unlikely it will see the light of day, but we can always hope, right?
We can always hope indeed. I dont think we need to drop it, digging it up once in a while can annoy some people 'cause everything has been discussed' but you never know someone can add some unknown info.. That's what keeps us rollin' !
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Stewie wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
We can always hope indeed. I dont think we need to drop it, digging it up once in a while can annoy some people 'cause everything has been discussed' but you never know someone can add some unknown info.. That's what keeps us rollin' !
For sure. I also thought the slideshow idea may have been a good compromise so we can at least see the footage! As has been mentioned, it's all up to those two though, right? Maybe one day!
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote: For sure. I also thought the slideshow idea may have been a good compromise so we can at least see the footage! As has been mentioned, it's all up to those two though, right? Maybe one day!
I dont know about that slideshow idea.. I dont think that is a way around troubles! If they dont want this out there, they'll always find a way to block it.
I wonder if somebody tried at a meet&greet with Ozzy to quickly discuss this. We know Ozzy is not the brain behind all the legal stuff, but if we can get him excited he might be able to get something rolling. Or maybe ask Zakk. I wonder if he knows about this stuff, he must have checked the RR forums, but I dont know if he reads that much of what is posted here.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Ok n00bs...searched this out on my phone and found it for you all. Read this thread and it will explain everything ;-)
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

What was the footage that Zakk tweeted about? Early in 2010 0r '11? He said it was definitely some rehearsal footage and there was no rehearsal footage on the box.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

I remember that

But he said that the footage that was released was not the footage he rembered seeing
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

It was probably the full ET footage he saw
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Has any one asked zakk if he knows about other footage
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

Stewie wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
I wonder if somebody tried at a meet&greet with Ozzy to quickly discuss this. We know Ozzy is not the brain behind all the legal stuff, but if we can get him excited he might be able to get something rolling. Or maybe ask Zakk. I wonder if he knows about this stuff, he must have checked the RR forums, but I dont know if he reads that much of what is posted here.
I've had the opportunity to meet Ozzy a few times and i can ASSURE you - he has no mental capacity to even be able to discuss something like that. If someone even brought it up, this is what is going to happen - every time : He'll instantly turn around and look for Tony Dennis (who more than likely will be within 6 feet of him if he's ANYwhere in public) or Sharon (much less likely). Tony will make sure you are whisked away immediately, on-the-spot, no question about it.
On the other hand, he WILL sign something w/Randy's picture on it. One time i had my Guitar World w/Randy on the cover (the one w/the white polo shirt) and asked if he's sign it and he said "yeah, sure...". Tony's face was basically on Ozzy's shoulder while he was doing it, making sure there was no further talk about Randy.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Why do you suppose that is, Halo? It sounds like that is an era that, as much as the O's would like to portray their love and loyalty- they don't really want to release what they may have or are rumored to have/know about?

I know that in a few interviews that Jack O mentioned that the accident was a sensitive issue, not just because of it being a tragedy- but that there is so much misinformation surrounding it that it was difficult to deal with even in just the context of a doc about Ozzy himself.

Go figure!
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

That is not true Halo. I have 15 minutes of footage, me sitting with Ozzy, Sharon, and a Sony A+R guy talking about Randy. Aimee was there too. We talked about Diane Pearsons book. Talked about footage... Sharon said "You need to be patient and wait for the change of the guard".

Sharons diary had a photo of randy on its cover. She was very sad and upset talking about him. At not point did I feel unwelcome. They invited ME to sit with them and discuss it.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Interesting