Phoenix Bros Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Phoenix Bros Footage

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Cryptic Night wrote:...if they even want to do anything with it.
That's my point. If they wanted to do something, they've had thirty years to do something! Yeah, the Phoenix stuff is real, but they want to keep it to themselves. It's theirs, I say leave them be.

The 'lintballs' of the world don't have shit, if they did they'd have made money off it in 30 years, too...
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

googly moogly
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

TAB wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:
TAB wrote:you know I gotta chime in on this :P

That Metal Den is a bunch of rubbish, and had nothing to do with the box set as I 1st said when they posted those personal photos given to me.

yes it was broken up into parts but I it seemed to be a little more complete on some songs than the Palladium but was cut off. It's super 8 so yea you got to change film rolls. Also it was right in front of Randy and Ozzy so in that respect better than Palladium, way way better. One thing to know there were 2 cameras. So it seemed a little more cause there were say 2 angles of Over the Mountain and some other songs.

This footage has become old news and sadly will never come out I feel and I know its going to piss people off me saying it but don't kill the messenger. I don't own it. If I did it would have been released some way, but they have their reasons and I respect that. Don't completely agree with it though.
Hey TAB,
If you don't mind, I like to have some more insight about those brothers:

1) Did they film other artists as well?
2) Did they ever sell/shared anything from other artists they filmed?
3) For what purpose they filmed concerts? Just for private enjoyment, or...
4) Are they big Randy fans?
5) How came to surface that these brothers have that Randy footage? I mean why did they mention having this footage if they don't want to share/sell/show anyone? It would make life much easier for them when nobody knows..... So why did they tell? At least they showed you some of it, I'm glad they did, but why?

Hi.. Sorry I forget your name Flying my apologies. I don't want to go into a lot of specifics talking, not sure if they see the board anymore or not and don't want to offend them though that's probably way past that. In a nutshell..

1. sure
2.-3. This is for both, they filmed just for their private memories for themselves not making money. Pretty much had some super 8 cameras and just how a normal fan going to see a show would take in a still camera to take pictures to remember the show, they thought what would be a better way to remember a concert you attend than to actually film it. Remember this was incredibly incredibly risky to do and dangerous back then unlike today you can pull out your iphone. I know people that even took regular camera into a couple Blizzard shows and got jumped and roughed up pretty good let alone a movie camera.
4. They are not a Randy obsessed crazed nut like I am :lol: kidding, but solid fans. That's why they went to film him, it wasn't to go film Ozzy, that's why it's all Randy on film. They are good fans and have talked to Kathy about their footage and what they did a long time ago now.
5. Well I saw everything and glad I did, I will never forget it because it actually helped me remember being 16 and seeing Randy in the flesh, it brought back tons of memories that I forgot over time as did the new Box set. I went away feeling like I had seen another Diary concert with Randy. Even though no sound btw, the new Palladium footage doesn't hold a candlestick to theirs far as camera shots. The rest is too personal cause we were good friends at one time and just as any good friend you share things as I did with them. Nothing more than that.

hope I helped..
T.A.
Yeah that helped a bit. Thnx!
I guess that footage they have isn't that much important to them as it is to us, and now they just want to be left alone..... In a way I do understand that. But to us Randy fanatics of course it's a little hard to accept that! :P I believe one day it will come to public, just a matter of time, I hope! Oh, my name is totally irrelevant in this, just call me 'Dutch'! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
clashradio
Cool Member

Post by clashradio »

I think it would be different if the artist was Elvis, or Jimi. Then who gives a shit if us freaks never see their silent Super 8 footage. But not a whole lot of footage is available of Ozzy/Randy.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

it's not that they don't regard the film important as much as other fans would but it's not as important to them to put it out. They have entertained the thought in the past and wanted to market it if they got credit as I said before. I think them approaching Sharon was all a made up rumor that started actually. One thing keeping them from doing it was any legal action from Sharon, which is very understandable. Knowing them, yea they just want to disappear with it. Sad to say and that's about all I can say. Not right for me to keep talking about the guys without them being here.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Why not release a downgraded bootleg version? That would wet the tastebuds and make it more desirable for someone to buy it to put it out legally. Like Led Zeppelin Royal Albert Hall 1970. I was blown away by the quality that eventually became the 2 DVD set. They went through each frame with Photoshop. We used to have to match up the audio to "I can't quit you" off Coda.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

TAB wrote:it's not that they don't regard the film important as much as other fans would but it's not as important to them to put it out. They have entertained the thought in the past and wanted to market it if they got credit as I said before. I think them approaching Sharon was all a made up rumor that started actually. One thing keeping them from doing it was any legal action from Sharon, which is very understandable. Knowing them, yea they just want to disappear with it. Sad to say and that's about all I can say. Not right for me to keep talking about the guys without them being here.
Sad to hear this..., anyways I really appreciate your effort to give insight in this!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
dasboot

Post by dasboot »

TAB wrote:it's not that they don't regard the film important as much as other fans would but it's not as important to them to put it out. They have entertained the thought in the past and wanted to market it if they got credit as I said before. I think them approaching Sharon was all a made up rumor that started actually. One thing keeping them from doing it was any legal action from Sharon, which is very understandable. Knowing them, yea they just want to disappear with it. Sad to say and that's about all I can say. Not right for me to keep talking about the guys without them being here.
Regarding legal action by the Osborne's, it seems like this scenario would be less likely than in the past. For one thing, they released the Palladium footage and gave credit to the cameraman (dont know if or what he got paid). Another thing is that the Osborne's really don't need money and I think would pay money to get that footage. Maybe there are problems with publishing or other interests involved. I'm sure the Rhoads family would like something like that released if possible. The film student sat on the Palladium footage for a long time, so here's hoping something works out one day. Anyone know if the brother's were approached for the box set?
"He could interpret blazing renditions of his compositions as easily as taking a breath"-Rudy Sarzo
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

I wonder if these guys are even aware of the interest in this footage right now. Has anyone ever tried to point them to this forum?

We're all speculating here, which is fine, but wouldn't it be great if these guys were aware of what this footage meant to people, and the value they could bring to it?

There's so little footage of Randy, this could be a (no pun intended) revelation.

Just a thought.
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

dasboot wrote:
Regarding legal action by the Osborne's, it seems like this scenario would be less likely than in the past. For one thing, they released the Palladium footage and gave credit to the cameraman (dont know if or what he got paid). Another thing is that the Osborne's really don't need money and I think would pay money to get that footage. Maybe there are problems with publishing or other interests involved. I'm sure the Rhoads family would like something like that released if possible. The film student sat on the Palladium footage for a long time, so here's hoping something works out one day. Anyone know if the brother's were approached for the box set?

If the o$bournes don't need money.. Then y was the box set 150 bucks?
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

If the phoenix bros don't want to put out the footage.. Then fuck them and let them disSapear. And move on and follow other leads. Its pretty much a lost cause as tab has pointed it out. and him talking about it obviouslycost him a friendship, by that I can tell they want to be left alone.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

sik_kreations wrote:If the o$bournes don't need money.. Then y was the box set 150 bucks?
The key there is need. They didn't need to charge that much, they wanted to 'cause their greedy!
dasboot

Post by dasboot »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
sik_kreations wrote:If the o$bournes don't need money.. Then y was the box set 150 bucks?
The key there is need. They didn't need to charge that much, they wanted to 'cause their greedy!
True enough, but then they could make money off of this. Randy has always been good business for the Osbornes. Pay the brothers X amount and make 2X or 4X that amount. They seem to have done this with the Palladium footage.
"He could interpret blazing renditions of his compositions as easily as taking a breath"-Rudy Sarzo
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

dasboot wrote:I'm sure the Rhoads family would like something like that released if possible.
you know, the more I read about everything Randy Rhoads and his surviving family members,
the more I get the feeling that if any Randy related material, whether it's video or audio,
won't be released officially unless it's in PRISTINE CONDITION !

I could draw paralells to other passed rockstars/musicians, but everyone around
Randy Rhoads seems so anal about things like this ...
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

googly moogly
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.