Phoenix Bros Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

jimiforrest

Re: Phoenix Bros Footage

Post by jimiforrest »

Yeah. I wasn't intending for this thread to beat on the Pheonix Bros. They have every right to keep that footage to themselves no matter how desparately we all would love to see it. It was simply a query after seeing the palladium footage given the technology of the time.
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

This is interesting... just heard from a really stand-up guy who was at the 25th anniversary memorial that the brothers were there and he was pleading with them for over an hour to release it. He claims the brothers are in this video between 00:43 - 00:46 (the guys at the back behind the group of chicks just before the camera gets to the memorial during the pan - perhaps TAB can confirm?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pyjya5Fseg

He said that he even introduced and put them together with Peter Margolis and repeatedly pointed to Randy's space in the tomb exclaiming "This is for him, do it for him, Randy". They acted very indifferent and then gave him a story about another individual who was a friend of theirs that was instrumental in the filming. This person evidently had passed away since the filming and they had some sort of strange resentment about it that they are projecting and using as one of the unfounded justifications for not releasing it. His impression of both of them is that they are spitefully arrogant and classless. He feels his first impression was correct because all of their actions thus far have proven what they are about.
Last edited by Whipper on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ric

dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

Thanks for the info Whip!
Not sure who the dude on Acid is though lol.....
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

1. What's with the video?

2. They don't want to release the video. If you had people coming up to you and BEGGING you to release something you didn't WANT to release, wouldn't you come off as a bit arrogant? I'd be very tempted to just tell the guy to fuck off or something.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Cryptic Night wrote:1. What's with the video?
What video, the YouTube video? The brothers are a subject that keep getting brought up here, so I'm sure there are several members that would be curious to see them. Thought it added to the discussion, so sorry if I annoyed you with it or wasted your time. It won't happen again.

I may not know this guy personally, but know him to be a very stand-up guy like I said. He's a doctor (podiatric surgeon) who is somewhat connected with friends of the Rhoads family, hardly some crazy guy on acid, so I'll take his word on it.
Ric

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I don't think the video you're talking about is the one in your post.

What I see, is some guy playing Purple Haze. Not a bunch of people at a memorial.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Yea, its an old, skilled man playing a cover of Purple Haze... Ain't bad either lol...
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Cryptic Night wrote:I don't think the video you're talking about is the one in your post.

What I see, is some guy playing Purple Haze. Not a bunch of people at a memorial.
That explains it... would've been helpful to have pointed that out to begin with. Llink is fixed now.
Ric

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Whipper wrote: That explains it... would've been helpful to have pointed that out to begin with. Llink is fixed now.
Sorry, I figured with the "what's with the video" comment, you would have checked it out or something. lol
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

look like a bunch of ass' lol..... But, w/e :D
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Whipper wrote:I may not know this guy personally, but know him to be a very stand-up guy like I said. He's a doctor (podiatric surgeon) who is somewhat connected with friends of the Rhoads family, hardly some crazy guy on acid, so I'll take his word on it.
i suspect you're talking about 'dr. fred'? he is a credible man and a solid citizen.
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Cryptic Night wrote: Sorry, I figured with the "what's with the video" comment, you would have checked it out or something. lol
Nah, my apologies! Been in a really pissy mood all week, and misread the tone of your post as being annoyed with my post and jumped the gun. :oops:
frank wrote: i suspect you're talking about 'dr. fred'? he is a credible man and a solid citizen.
Hi Frank, you are correct, and yes he is, as well as a fine guitar player. He plays his Jackson Concorde with surgical precision!
Ric

TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

googly moogly
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

LOL, if they have been going to these Rhoads anniversary's every year they are no doubt lurkers on this forum as they are pretty big Randy fans. To go further into it I find it pretty sad they go to these events knowing what they have and just sit on it. If they went to this past years anniversary after they were supposedly "harrassed" by whomever about releasing the footage then they deserve it. So it sounds like word got out, and people know who they are exactly now and then they still show up to the Rhoads events and expect not to be bothered with questions of it? OK?

Thats the same as them dangling it in front of everyone's face and basically telling them to F-off..

TAB, everyone appreciates you brought this to the table to begin with. Nothing is your fault as far as what happened afterwards. You say there is nothing left to say about it but the subject will never die, it is impossible now that its out in the open, it will be brought up on this forum and TK for years to come as we know it exist. The only thing you can do is pretty much stay out of the threads and don't give out any more information. Just by reading your last post you pretty much confirmed they are in the video, so unintentionally you gave out more info!

Who cares what they look like anyway? Its nice to put a face to these mythical brothers though after all these years :)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

They said they won't release it, case closed. Let it go people... hunt down "lintball" and find all of his supposed video... though that doesn't actually exist...