Phoenix Bros Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

shred1
Madman

Re: Phoenix Bros Footage

Post by shred1 »

Is the audio from this show a bootleg, or sound board?
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

shred1 wrote:Is the audio from this show a bootleg, or sound board?
I believe it was a bootleg
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

If it is a boot, then the logistics of making the video available for release are even more daunting - if one can even get through all the legal hurdles.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

rokket wrote:Anyone here saying what their name is or isn't doesn't prove or dis-prove that they may or may not be a kid just stating what they've read online or anywhere else, it's a crazy notion.

Is it?

Most of us old-timers here have let everyone know us by name. It is my opinion that anyone who posts online hidden behind a screenname without the willingness to give their name has something to hide. If you have something to hide, I don't trust you or anything you say. Period.

Not a 'crazy notion' in any way, shape or form.

Especially when you show up as a first time poster claiming inside info on a volatile subject... insinuate you are someone 'in the know' and are 'friends' with Peter Margolis and talk about a 'certain someone' without naming names... it's chickenshit behavior. If you are too cowardly to name names and give your own name, then anything you have to say is worthless.

So, 'rokket', what's your name? How old are you and how did you come to be a part of this community?

Here's a photo of 50K, by the way:

Post by 50K »

Mr.Wolfe

From reading your post in the past, you seem like you might be a smart man. But from your outburst and demands of knowing someones identity on the INTERNET this is somewhat questionable. In my my opinion anyone and everyone on the internet should have something personally to hide! (who you are is one of them) In fact you can search Google and it list the most important thing to do is... protect your identity. I have seen Mr.Wolfe's post on this forum from the (search feature) adding his name as the author, seems like you have been the one displaying on and off "chicken shit behavior"! One post even had you questioning this site's security and you were going to leave because of it. I also looked at the information I agreed to when I created this user name and it did not list anything about telling Paul Wolfe my real name. Seems like you have an Identity complex. Keep in mind I do not know you, it just my observation. I did make a phone call to someone who knows more about this message board than I do and the information I received on Paul Wolfe, was that "he is always playing both sides of the fence , cant be trusted and is two faced." I would rather not included that information but since you insinuated I'm using chicken shit behavior...I could not help myself.

What a wonderful Thanksgiving it has been!

regards,
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

GETTIN PERSONAL NOW DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!FIGHT!!!!!!!!
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Anyone remember Randy rhoads? Put on blizzard or practice some scales much more productive :wink:
dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

Kudos there Jay! 1+.

Here's a bit of a stretch, if they are in fact lurkers here they'll read this thread or probably be alerted to it. An idea I have would be to hold a fundraising for this footage much like other forums dedicated to other bands often hold to liberate unreleased material. If in fact $50 Grand was the asking price, I think it could be possible to get 100 people contribute $500 or even 200 people to contribute $250. There is no reason why we couldn't cut the middle men out of this. It doesn't necessarily have to be released officially, we could liberate this ourselves and keep it in the hands of collectors?
I mean when you think about it, a lot of us dropped $150 without blinking an eye to the O's, this could potentially be only a bit more... It's an idea but really just me thinking out aloud and being wishful.

Even though I don't celebrate Thanksgiving or fully understand it, I hope you guys have a comfortable one regardless.
Cheers,
- Rhece
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

50K wrote:I did make a phone call to someone who knows more about this message board than I do and the information I received on Paul Wolfe, was that "he is always playing both sides of the fence , cant be trusted and is two faced."

Nice... I do know someone who would say that, but since he has displayed 'two faced' tendencies himself, it doesn't bother me...

Everyone here is entitled to his or her opinion, and mine is that hiding your identity is chickenshit. You don't have to agree with me and you don't have to tell me your name, that's cool. I will simply choose to discount your comments about who you know and what you know if you're not going to be open about your identity. That's my right and my opinion.

Obviously you & I are going to disagree here, that's cool.

I find it interesting that my asking you to give us some background about yourself so we could validate the information you presented led you to make a phone call about me. Mr. 50K, I am nobody. I don't know anyone close to Randy Rhoads, I don't go to memorials, I don't have nor do I care about any film of Randy. I've never even met a member of this board in the real world. I am simply a fan who has knowledge based on 30 years of reading on the subject.

So, I'm through with this subject because no one knows much about it except TAB, and he's done with it, too.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

I have a question........people have talked about "legal" action if footage is released etc in this thread. If that is the case why has there never been any lawsuits regarding all the boots on this site and others??...surely it is all under the same umbrella
people were selling the audio boots through magazines and then websites for years, so why the fuss with this footage???
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

sytharnia wrote:I have a question........people have talked about "legal" action if footage is released etc in this thread. If that is the case why has there never been any lawsuits regarding all the boots on this site and others??...surely it is all under the same umbrella
people were selling the audio boots through magazines and then websites for years, so why the fuss with this footage???
Because no one individual can be held responsible for uploading any of the original bootlegs. They are every where youtube, torrent sites facebook etc etc. So if the record companies or persons who own the copyright etc. Would decide to sue anyone it would be a massive task to find the original person(s) involved. The Pheonix bros would be held responsible if they ever released the film. Making it an easy task to track them down. But if the film did ever get into the trading circles it would end up being mass produced.

Post by 50K »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
50K wrote:I did make a phone call to someone who knows more about this message board than I do and the information I received on Paul Wolfe, was that "he is always playing both sides of the fence , cant be trusted and is two faced."

Nice... I do know someone who would say that, but since he has displayed 'two faced' tendencies himself, it doesn't bother me...

Everyone here is entitled to his or her opinion, and mine is that hiding your identity is chickenshit. You don't have to agree with me and you don't have to tell me your name, that's cool. I will simply choose to discount your comments about who you know and what you know if you're not going to be open about your identity. That's my right and my opinion.

Obviously you & I are going to disagree here, that's cool.

I find it interesting that my asking you to give us some background about yourself so we could validate the information you presented led you to make a phone call about me. Mr. 50K, I am nobody. I don't know anyone close to Randy Rhoads, I don't go to memorials, I don't have nor do I care about any film of Randy. I've never even met a member of this board in the real world. I am simply a fan who has knowledge based on 30 years of reading on the subject.

So, I'm through with this subject because no one knows much about it except TAB, and he's done with it, too.

Mr. Wolfe
I happen to feel the same way. The opinion you display absolutely means nothing to me as well. Call it what you will that's ok, but sometimes its better to get some facts when you don't know what you are talking about. TAB (The Certain Someone) knows more than he lets on and only releasing some of the information because it may be embarrassing to him publicly being involved in the sale attempt. Hey.. that's ok as well, it really don't bother me none but to give the (Brothers) sympathy because the film is a critical personal time of their life is a load of crap. Remember they asked 50K for footage that has no audio...and TAB was the (middle man) so to speak. I remember Peter saying that was a ridiculous price and whom ever bought it would be stopped in their tracks by Sharon. It's kind of sad that people are so selfish and would not give up anything and everything so the fans could enjoy the limited footage of their hero. You could ask Peter or AJ they know all about it if you have contact info for them. One other thing.. Kathy Rhoads laughed at the idea someone would ask 50K for video footage of her brother. Peter said it rubbed the family wrong and rightfully so. That's a ton of money to try and make off a deceased person and asking the family as well is absolutely ridiculous. You can't blame Mrs. Rhoads for being short when it comes to her son! Everyone is out to make money from him it seems. If I were the brothers, I would have released the footage to Sharon or Mrs.Rhoads and maybe they would have gained some kind of respect. Just an opinion.
Think about it..Randy is her son and he is dead, it seems like the most honorable thing for the brothers to do is give up the footage to a grieving mother.

Mr.Wolfe.. if that is your real name? I did not contact my friend about you in general. I just spoke to him because he knows about this board and I was telling him how I was getting hand smacked for not divulging my true identity. And we kind of laughed about it. And then he offered the info. If what he said is not true then forgive me.

That is all I have to say about the footage as well.

regards,
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

that sheds a bit more info as far as the footage goes...thanks for the insight 50!
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: Because no one individual can be held responsible for uploading any of the original bootlegs
but when they were sold through magazines in the 80's it would have been very easy to track down the seller...yet I don't know of any legal action (doesn't mean there wasn't any though), so that doesn't make sense pre internet
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

sytharnia wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: Because no one individual can be held responsible for uploading any of the original bootlegs
But when they were sold through magazines in the 80's it would have been very easy to track down the seller...yet I don't know of any legal action (doesn't mean there wasn't any though), so that doesn't make sense pre internet
Well before the internet bootlegs did go round the record fairs on a regular basis. Then the buyers would copy them and resell them to friends etc. So the original bootlegger was by now that far away from the people selling them in magazines and fanzines etc. Do i make sense now ? ...It would be like trying to find out who made the original recording of the Ozzy Chelmsford 1980 gig now.