Photo from spotlight?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Photo from spotlight?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Great pics those from Knoxville cheers for posting those up. These are a few i've just found, i have not seen these before.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Thanks guys.. Amazing that there are still showing up new and nice pics after all these years
dasboot

Post by dasboot »

axeman_12656 wrote:Love That top pic of Ozzy and Randy embracing on stage!! Nice
Me too. I've always thought of that picture as sort of Ozzy's goodbye to Randy.
"He could interpret blazing renditions of his compositions as easily as taking a breath"-Rudy Sarzo
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

since this seems to be a good place to throw up pics I've never seen (although I had seen the ones already posted here), I thought I'd add one I found this morning... found it here while looking for Teenage Anthem lyrics to respond to another thread.

If you've got time, click on the link and read through the posts, there's some good detail about the L.A. club scene circa '79... fascinating read!
then in late 1979, when Randy went to England to record the first Ozzy LP, Greg & Gary van Dyke joined Kevin DuBrow & Drew Forsythe...the original idea was this would be a new version of QR, but Greg said Kevin came up with the idea of using his own name DuBROW as the band name...Greg didn't object, but he should have coz this was Kevin's way to control the band, he could fire whoever & keep the band name...then the weekend shows May 1980 that became the QR Reunion were originally going to be shows for the new QR, but Kevin heard that Randy would be back in town so he called the Starwood & took the dates for himself, of course the club didn't care coz they would sell more tickets...Greg said this was one of the first things that started to drive him out of the band & got him pissed off at Kevin...
Attachments
tinyB-WRhoads1980.jpg
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Paul Wolfe wrote: If you've got time, click on the link and read through the posts, there's some good detail about the L.A. club scene circa '79... fascinating read!
then in late 1979, when Randy went to England to record the first Ozzy LP, Greg & Gary van Dyke joined Kevin DuBrow & Drew Forsythe...the original idea was this would be a new version of QR, but Greg said Kevin came up with the idea of using his own name DuBROW as the band name...Greg didn't object, but he should have coz this was Kevin's way to control the band, he could fire whoever & keep the band name...then the weekend shows May 1980 that became the QR Reunion were originally going to be shows for the new QR, but Kevin heard that Randy would be back in town so he called the Starwood & took the dates for himself, of course the club didn't care coz they would sell more tickets...Greg said this was one of the first things that started to drive him out of the band & got him pissed off at Kevin...
Ahhh band politics, what is it with musicians?

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Axian wrote:hi guys,

I found this photo and was wondering if anyone who saw randy live can confirm if this was taken during the spotlight solo, looks like the start bit. Anyone else sin the pic before.

:P
My guess - End of Mr. Crowley when he feedsback!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This one must of been a few seconds before or after Randy raised the guitar up. His hands are almost in the same position.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

man... scary to see a guy less than 12 hours from death.... gives me chills...
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

The ending/feedback (Crowley) like in afterhours? Could be during Suicide Solution (during song/bridge) too.
RRforeveRR

Post by RRforeveRR »

Bump!

Thought to bring out an old thread and possibly expand upon it:) Happy Friday!
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

He definitely doesnt have Jet Lamps in these photos!
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.