Randy's Bedroom

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

AndrewT1976
Madman

Randy's Bedroom

Post by AndrewT1976 »

Does anyone know if Randy had a garbage can in his bedroom as a kid? If he did, then I'm getting one for my bedroom too.

I know this is kind of an off the wall question, but I thought I'd ask.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Re: Randy's Bedroom

Post by NicDots »

:lol: Off the wall indeed!
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

What a big metal bin? Or a little bread bin?
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

Didn't somebody post a pic of his room awhile back??
Count Jonah

Post by Count Jonah »

It sounds extreme, but I had one as a kid. Fairly big. I was really into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the time and I wanted my bedroom to look like a NYC back alley!

When Randy was writing music, maybe he crumpled up a lot of papers and needed some place to throw them in? I would love to see that pic of his room.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

AndrewT1976 wrote: If he did, then I'm getting one for my bedroom too.

.. why .. ?
WAR IN D

Post by WAR IN D »

Stewie wrote:

.. why .. ?
Thank you for saying that.. Good grief, if your basis for putting a trash can in your room is solely based on whether Randy had one or not... You might want to consider professional help.

When I first read this my first thought was that someone put it up just to see what kind of reaction they would get to a rediculous post, and I still hope it is.

I'm a Randy fan and have been reading this forum for a really long time, but some of the stuff that people are obsessed over around here really scares me.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

If he did have a bin in his room, does somebody know what manufactuer or brand it was?

Not been serious ofcourse.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Stewie wrote:

.. why .. ?
Yeah, I wonder why too? Why would you say that? Maybe you thought this would meet the approval of others or do you have a genuine urge to copy everything Randy? I have nothing bad to say but I think help is needed. There are a few innovators like Randy and then 1,000,000 imitators who just copy. They miss subtle things or originality because they will never do anything new, just cover that same old ground. If it's approval you seek, your going to have a worse life then the imitator. If you do something which is truly unique, you eventually will have approval but that may take years searching and honing things in.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i think he had one of those big dumpsters in his room...then once a week the garbage man would exchange it for a new one...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That is one of those questions that comes up when every other question has been asked. It would of been a weird one to mention at the seminar but this is the link to the bedroom photo thread.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5466&hilit=bedroom
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

WAR IN D wrote:
Stewie wrote:

.. why .. ?
Thank you for saying that.. Good grief, if your basis for putting a trash can in your room is solely based on whether Randy had one or not... You might want to consider professional help.

When I first read this my first thought was that someone put it up just to see what kind of reaction they would get to a rediculous post, and I still hope it is.

I'm a Randy fan and have been reading this forum for a really long time, but some of the stuff that people are obsessed over around here really scares me.
Agreed, but cut the guy some slack (if he is indeed serious). Fandom takes many different faces, and as long as it's not harmful to anyone, what's the issue? It's no different than someone combing their hair like their hero. Jeez.
WAR IN D

Post by WAR IN D »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Agreed, but cut the guy some slack (if he is indeed serious). Fandom takes many different faces, and as long as it's not harmful to anyone, what's the issue? It's no different than someone combing their hair like their hero. Jeez.
Jeez... Take a deep breath, untwist the panties and lighten up Francis. :roll:

Let's not forget the word fan comes from the word "Fanatic":

Fanatic: fanatic (fəˈnætɪk)

— n
1. a person whose enthusiasm or zeal for something is extreme or beyond normal limits

I'm not saying anything derogatory against the guy, but when you're obsessing over a person's trash can... It might be time to take a step away and think about other things for a while. Eh?

The OP's post very well could have been a "tongue in cheek" jab at some of the crazy stuff that gets posted in this forum, that's why I stated something to that effect in my original post. Maybe you missed that part?

Combing your hair like someone is not what I would consider too "out there", people emulate other people's "look" every day. Ever seen a woman bring a magazine into a beauty parlor and ask for "that hairstyle"? I can even see wearing the same type clothing, etc.. But putting a trash can in your room just because someone else did?? You either NEED a trash can, or you don't.. Get my point? LOL!

Obviously, this person can do whatever they want to do and you can think whatever you want. I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it either way.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

WAR IN D wrote:[
The OP's post very well could have been a "tongue in cheek" jab at some of the crazy stuff that gets posted in this forum, that's why I stated something to that effect in my original post. Maybe you missed that part?
I thought this....pretty sure he's "taking the piss"
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

Wait! I can explain...

Having a cluttered garbage can in a bedroom can tell you what a person is really like sometimes. I don't have one in my room, but if Randy did, then I might consider it.

That's all I was trying to say...