Bob's new book title

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

halo8th
Cool Member

Bob's new book title

Post by halo8th »

http://www.bravewords.com/news/165952

"For Fact's Sakes". I like it. Hopefully we get a release date soon. I'm really looking forward to this and will probably be even better than Rudy's book just for the fact that he's detailing more than just the year and a half that Rudy did.
Bongo Christ

Re: Bob's new book title

Post by Bongo Christ »

I preferred his original title - "Memoirs of a Bitter Old Bastard" personally! :wink:
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

Bongo Christ wrote:I preferred his original title - "Memoirs of a Bitter Old Bastard" personally! :wink:
Yes! I vote for this one. :lol:
RRFAN123456789

Post by RRFAN123456789 »

I'm getting that book as soon as it comes out.
RIP
Randy Rhoads
12/6/1956-3/19/1982
Count Jonah

Post by Count Jonah »

Haha! Great titles, both of them! Ozzy's old wordsmith has still got it!
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

Had some of you girlscouts written massive chunks of BOO and/or DOAM, gotten misled, ripped off, tossed out, AND then erased...you pussies would be yammering up such a storm.

Granted, Bob should have watched his back and managed his affairs better...protected himself more effectively. Hard and expensive lesson learned for sure.

Additionally, although it does get a bit ponderous that Bob fills alot of interviews with how he's been bent over and F-ed thoroughly and repeatedly by the O's, I know for a fact that most of you wannabes would be howling bloody murder to your mommies if a fraction of this would have come your way. Damn, you lot are sure harsh dicks sometimes. Imagine for a second that you had a hand in writing anything from those records and you got what Daisley got.

Walk a mile in the guy's shoes, would ya, before passing such pedestrian judgement. I somethimes wonder why I visit this place with such assholes running off at the piehole. Think before you type, maybe. You're embarassing yourselves.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

stress2stress2 wrote:Had some of you girlscouts written massive chunks of BOO and/or DOAM, gotten misled, ripped off, tossed out, AND then erased...you pussies would be yammering up such a storm.

Granted, Bob should have watched his back and managed his affairs better...protected himself more effectively. Hard and expensive lesson learned for sure.

Additionally, although it does get a bit ponderous that Bob fills alot of interviews with how he's been bent over and F-ed thoroughly and repeatedly by the O's, I know for a fact that most of you wannabes would be howling bloody murder to your mommies if a fraction of this would have come your way. Damn, you lot are sure harsh dicks sometimes. Imagine for a second that you had a hand in writing anything from those records and you got what Daisley got.

Walk a mile in the guy's shoes, would ya, before passing such pedestrian judgement. I somethimes wonder why I visit this place with such assholes running off at the piehole. Think before you type, maybe. You're embarassing yourselves.

WELL said......i can't believe people around here and calling Bob "bitter" and such (ridiculous), especially just alone going by the Osbourne's LONG storied track record of lying, lying, lying, attempting to "rewrite" histories (until they're called out on it), and lying some more. And thats without even going into the multitudes of other things they've maliciously done and tried to do.
I feel awful that its that way...i was an Ozzy fan as a youngster and never would i believe that i'd feel the way i do today.

I'll be honest, if i was Bob i'd be f***ing pissed too, considering the fact that if he doesn't do what he did, the Osbournes wouldn't have all those houses and bank accounts all over the place (NO, they couldn't have done it by themselves, so save it...)
I'm looking very forward to this book. I think it will be better than Rudy's, which up to this point, i still this is the best rock/bio type of book written.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

It all comes down to the "I'm an Ozzy fan and he can do no wrong" factor. If you see it that way, then yes, Bob is a bitter and twisted individual who can't stop talking about the unfair treatment he's received but should have protected himself legally in the first place, and therefore has no one to blame for the position he's in but himself.

Then there are people who are fans of Ozzy, but also recognize that musicians are not legal eagles, and to some extent expect their manager and then record company, and legal people, to cross the t's and dot the i's, in regards to contracts.

It is worth while remembering this though........

"During 1980 and the beginning of 1981, contracts were drawn up and went backwards and forwards from our lawyers to their lawyers. We were told to keep working, that it would be eventually all sorted out. The contracts were actually physical, but not actually signed. And then when we got fired, we brought up the situation of royalties, and they just said, 'Oh, well. End of story — you're out of the band. Off you go.'"
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

When does Sharon bring out her book? "Diarrhea of a Madwoman"...........
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

I have read quite a few of Bob’s interviews, without a doubt the people here go on about it, Ozzy ripping him off, way more than he ever has. He comes across as a rather likeable person. I have read some interviews where he states the facts as he sees them, when he is asked. I have never read anywhere where he has gone off on an unsolicited rant of being treated like shit. Most definitely I have read his comments about the many years he has spent making music with some of the greatest musicians to have graced a stage.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

shawn wrote:I have read quite a few of Bob’s interviews, without a doubt the people here go on about it, Ozzy ripping him off, way more than he ever has. He comes across as a rather likeable person. I have read some interviews where he states the facts as he sees them, when he is asked. I have never read anywhere where he has gone off on an unsolicited rant of being treated like shit. Most definitely I have read his comments about the many years he has spent making music with some of the greatest musicians to have graced a stage.
Well it seems hard to believe that Bob is just moaning for the sake of it, or making things up that aren't true or a half true. Let's face it, aside from Ozzy, he was with Rainbow, Uriah Heep, Gary Moore etc....and he's not complaining about those artists, why? well they obviously didn't screw him over and rip him off.
watersfootball

Post by watersfootball »

I want this book really badly because I hav already read Rudy Sarzos book on 1981-1982 this book will fill the void between 1980-1981 really looking forward to reading it
Bongo Christ

Post by Bongo Christ »

It's interesting that something that was nothing but an attempt at throwaway humour could be met with such vitriolic bullshit.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Bongo Christ wrote:It's interesting that something that was nothing but an attempt at throwaway humour could be met with such vitriolic bullshit.
Actually I would not be surprised if he had come up with that title himself Bongo. Many people can empathise with the situation that Bob finds himself in I believe.