Do you recognise this guitar !!!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Do you recognise this guitar !!!

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was thumbing over some Randy cuttings from magazines and i notice on the famous photo of Randy by Neil Zlozower.You know the one i'm on about..?? Randy is sitting down on a sofa playing his Black Jackson and his guitars are on display on stands with his guitar case standing on edge.Well if you look on the sofa (far right) you can see another guitar.I'm not very good at recognising guitars from there edge but its black with alot of wear on the lower edge with black volume and tone pots and the jackplug socket is on the front below these,Me thinks it couldnt be the black Les Paul as the jackplug goes in on the edge...??? Correct me if i'm wrong.I was just wondering if this was another guitar that we haven't seen before.It could belong to the support band.... As we all know Randy was renowned for jamming with the guitarists from the likes of Saxon and Budgie etc.Where was this photo taking any body know.??...If anyone has the photo in question could you be a Darling and post it up.Thank you. 8)
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Re: Do you recognise this guitar !!!

Post by cableguyxx »

It's Rudy Sarzo's Bass :wink:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Do you recognise this guitar !!!

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's Rudy Sarzo's Bass :wink:
Are you sure,What bass would that be.. :wink:
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

It's a Fender precision isn't it?
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

He also played a two humbucker Musicman.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Guitaridol asked me to post this for him.

Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Yeah, that's definitely Rudy's sunburst musicman bass. You can see it a lot more clearly in the shot where Randy is playing his Les Paul
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have just found Neil Zlozower's web site and he has a few RR photos for sale.He has a similar photo to the one above in black & white and the price is a shocking :shock: :shock: $400.00 for a 11 X 14 print and a whopping $800.00 for a 16 X 20. That is just silly cash excellent photos but just stupid $$$Money£££ check out his site at http://www.zloz.com
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Guitaridol asked me to host this for him.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

RockyRhoads wrote:Yeah, that's definitely Rudy's sunburst musicman bass. You can see it a lot more clearly in the shot where Randy is playing his Les Paul
Yeah Rocky i think i've decided looking at the picture that its the one.The damage on the edge is the same colour as the bottom and what i thought was piping going round the guitar is the edge of the scratch plate.The input nut and the pick up switch.They all match up to Rudy's sunburst Fender bass.(pictured above)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

There is a good version of the pic where Randy is playing his Les Paul in the "Guitar Legends" issue... it is very obvious which instrument it is in that shot.

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

RockyRhoads wrote:There is a good version of the pic where Randy is playing his Les Paul in the "Guitar Legends" issue... it is very obvious which instrument it is in that shot.

What years that magazine from Rocky...I haven't seen the picture you're on about.I've been to the photographers web site Neil Zlozower.But the only photo he has up from that session is similar to the one above and you can only see the guitar from the same angle.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'll try to get the picture scanned this weekend...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Posted at the request of Guitaridol, does anyone know anything about this guitar?