My last post about the crash.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

roballyn

Re: My last post about the crash.

Post by roballyn »

I'll make this as painless as possible. For those of you who are Christians, you'll get it. For those who aren't, I don't want to offend, but think about it. We are all put on this planet to serve God's purpose, each with our different talents,whatever that may be. The fact that Randy Rhoads had an ABUNDANCE of talent, tells me God intended for him to reach the masses. When he had served his purpose, he was faced with a choice of getting on the plane or not. Had he not, he may have very well faded into the "just another guitarist" realm. Just look at how many of us are in awe of his talent and how he's inspired each one of us since that dreadful day. THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS MY FRIENDS! We don't know what tomorrow has in store for us but it's safe to say, we'll still be amazed at one of God's wonderful creations, RANDY RHOADS.
crumblycake

Post by crumblycake »

roballyn wrote:I'll make this as painless as possible. For those of you who are Christians, you'll get it. For those who aren't, I don't want to offend, but think about it. We are all put on this planet to serve God's purpose, each with our different talents,whatever that may be. The fact that Randy Rhoads had an ABUNDANCE of talent, tells me God intended for him to reach the masses. When he had served his purpose, he was faced with a choice of getting on the plane or not. Had he not, he may have very well faded into the "just another guitarist" realm. Just look at how many of us are in awe of his talent and how he's inspired each one of us since that dreadful day. THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS MY FRIENDS!

Your ignorance is only acceded by your charm. Your "logic" not only offends most christains but all the other ten thousand religious beliefs around today! So let me get this striaght, your sky god takes, murders a human being just so your god can enjoy him or his music for him/herself. I think must people would aggree, they would rather have Randy alive today rather than dead somewhere in Everland praising an invisible man!
roballyn

Post by roballyn »

Ignorance? There's a difference between Faith and idolistic worship(i.e. sky god). I would have to say an individuals CHOICE has nothing to do with murder or human sacrifice to ones god. Sorry if i struck a nerve Crumbly.
crumblycake

Post by crumblycake »

roballyn wrote:Ignorance? There's a difference between Faith and idolistic worship(i.e. sky god). I would have to say an individuals CHOICE has nothing to do with murder or human sacrifice to ones god. Sorry if i struck a nerve Crumbly.

"There's a difference between Faith and idolistic worship" No there isn't. Stop creating a fasle dichotomy.

"an individuals CHOICE has nothing to do with murder or human sacrifice to ones god". So Randy CHOSE to be murdered?

When are christians like going to stop providing fodder to atheist? You expound the virtues of a god that lives in palace in the sky and that works in mysterious ways. And he/she gives "talent" to random people because they are "god's, allah’s, buddha’s, etc" people. This is old ancient bronze age myths that most people don't believe anymore. Most religious people understand that their god or gods are just a personification of something.
roballyn

Post by roballyn »

"When are christians like going to stop providing fodder to atheist? You expound the virtues of a god that lives in palace in the sky". "So Randy CHOSE to be murdered?" says crumblycake.

C'mon crumbly, you can do better than that. a god that lives in a palace in the sky? That's your idea. Randy chose to be murdered? I don't think so! Do you drive a car? People die in car crashes around the world on an hourly basis. I pray you're not one of them. Lets not turn this into a religious debate. it's apparent that you've taken my praise of Randy's GOD GIVEN TALENT the wrong way. This is not the place to bolster your ignorance of what you think most religious people believe. I merely offered a plausible feeling. If anyone else is offended by my post, feel free to let me know.
crumblycake

Post by crumblycake »

roballyn wrote:"When are christians like going to stop providing fodder to atheist? You expound the virtues of a god that lives in palace in the sky". "So Randy CHOSE to be murdered?" says crumblycake.

C'mon crumbly, you can do better than that. a god that lives in a palace in the sky? That's your idea. Randy chose to be murdered? I don't think so! Do you drive a car? People die in car crashes around the world on an hourly basis. I pray you're not one of them. Lets not turn this into a religious debate. it's apparent that you've taken my praise of Randy's GOD GIVEN TALENT the wrong way. This is not the place to bolster your ignorance of what you think most religious people believe. I merely offered a plausible feeling. If anyone else is offended by my post, feel free to let me know.

I don't even know how to repsond to you anymore. Your arguments make no sence at all. You claim that you were NOT causing a religous debate. But that's exactly what your original post intended to be!

And yah, That must be great consolation for a parent whose child just burned alive in a fire!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

damn this topic is gettin hot boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!need to make some popcorn!!!!!!
roballyn

Post by roballyn »

Of course you don't know how to respond. My post was intended to provide food for thought.Not fodder for a theologically uneducated fool. Apparently you have preconceived notions about darker things. As for your last statement, it's been almost 30 years since Randy's passing, longer than you've been alive i'd bet. I'm sure his family (self proclaimed, attendees of the Christian/Lutheran church) find comfort in the fact that he inspired so many of us.
roballyn

Post by roballyn »

make me some too Tito....I can do this all day!!!
crumblycake

Post by crumblycake »

I guess God's a prick and got Dimebag Darrell and three other people murdered all to inspire other musicians to play music like Pantera/Damageplan
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Let's not make this into a religious debate. This was human error, not a "choice". I think crumblycake was saying that a God taking ANYONE in such a way is cruel. It was human error ... most believe it was the pilot's error for flying too low and being irresponsible.

Anyone for a cold pint? :shock: :lol:
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

hell yeah im on my 5th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Silver Rhoads wrote:Let's not make this into a religious debate.
+1
We already have a thread a about religion here in the off-topic.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

Silver Rhoads wrote:

ME ME!!
crumblycake

Post by crumblycake »

Silver Rhoads wrote:Let's not make this into a religious debate. This was human error, not a "choice". I think crumblycake was saying that a God taking ANYONE in such a way is cruel. It was human error ... most believe it was the pilot's error for flying too low and being irresponsible.

Exactly! I don't need to beleive in a god or gods to appreciate Randy's music. I don't really care what his religious or non beliefs were. It doesn't change his music if he was a buddist, muslim, Jew, chirstain or atheist. He still wrote great music! Religious and non-religious beliefs have nothing to do with it. Picking a religion these days is like picking your favorite flavor of ice cream. It's all matter of taste! And it doesn't change anything about the person.