CT

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

FlyingHigh

CT

Post by FlyingHigh »

I went over to RR.TK for the first time in over 7 months today, to see whether it had changed at all. I guess curiosity got the better of me. Possibly hoping to see some nice Randy threads, I see this one about some guy who did a cover of Crazy Train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UABKcWuk ... y%20rhoads

Anyway, I am thinking, yeah thats a nice little cover to talk about. Yet, I read reply after reply of, hes got no feeling, hes got too much time, hes not got any emotion, and even one reply commenting on his appearence, blah blah bullshit.... Ok first of all, i want members on this site to answer, and possibly some of the guys on here who are members there.
1. He's got no feeling? I really have no idea what you mean by that? Is it because hes covering Randy??? You have a section for it. :shock:
2. He's got too much time on his hands? As I said... YOU HAVE A SECTION FOR IT! You also lick the arse clean of Des Sherwood and hug him like hes your big daddy, Randyesqe.... WTF?? He has done one cover and you knock him, guys is he that bad. IMO, which is a unbiast one even if i dont like Des, he plays it 10x better than DES! Honestly!
3. Emotion, I really want you to define emotion...? Does he need to cry while playing guitar like goths so he can have his emotion commented on.
4. Appearence? So he looks a little chubby... Yngwie is quite fat now, but you wouldnt fuck with him. Eddie looks a mess but you wouldnt say anything to him... Gary Moore is a big fat bloke but you wouldnt question him.

And someone said to me, why do i hate RR.TK? Thats why? I want members on this website to comment on the same topic! I hope your ok with it because i am not with their heartless replies, better get Des on the case? In fact, the only reply which doesnt slag him off, is by someone who I expect to completely slag the fuck out of him, Alex. My opinion has GREATLY increased, however other members mine has decreased of you.

http://www.nobitching.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4663
There is another thread where they slag off another guy, and say hes miming?????
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

I actually thought that guy was very good. He has good tone and he has great technique. The little extra bit he added to the main riff was very effective. His pinch harmonics certainly...well...woke me up. The way he played the first part (the tapped part) of the solo was the complete opposite of the way I play it so that was pretty cool to see. Also the part in the outro solo where he bent the string with both hands was interesting to see, he's inspired me to do this now as well. Overall I enjoyed watching and listening to it. I only wish more people would post videos of them playing the songs in live situations more often than just sitting in a chair, they are most interesting to see in my opinion.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

He sounded fine to me but I don’t want to see another 'other place' thread start here we have seen them emerge shamefully over there in recent months and site rivalries are in the past as far as we Admin and Mod’s are concerned.
I do however think it very sad that a guitarist with real talent can be judged weak based on looks! He played well and I believe Randy would have strongly approved of him. I have never seen a vaguely good looking/attractive Randy impersonator either live or on-line and the hero worship given to some is distasteful and shames Randy's name and reputation and that of his family.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

1. His music is fine and he did a good job.
2. His looks should have NOTHING to do with anything.
3. Some of the comments on his actual playing were harsh, but at the same time when you post a video, you should expect some critisism.
4.the 2nd poster in that thread is a Mod here :wink: I don't disagree with his comments, just thought you may have missed that.
5.The guy in the other thread is playing at such a low volume you can't hear him, so he deserves the comments.
6. Your thread is inflamatory, and is no better then what you claim to hate.
7. Skeeza made a handy quick edit button...how 'bout you give it a whirl? :wink:

And Trig....I have to disagree.....I'm devilishly handsome :lol:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

cableguyxx wrote:I'm devilishly handsome :lol:
So am I but I play drums!!!!!!!! :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Another "I hate RR.TK" conversation?

So they didn't like his playing, so what? So they said he "lacked feeling" or what ever... so what?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, we have said that here before. We have said we don't believe in censorship, so we need to be accepting of people who make negative comments.

Rather than make anti-tk comments, why not start a thread here on the same subject and post comments you feel to be appropriate?

I agree with the things Cableguy said, when you post a video of yourself, you need to be able to handle both good and bad comments.

Okay, so I just went and read the thread in question, and there are actually quite a few positive comments there now. Maybe it was all negative at first, but it seems like a reasonable discussion at this point.

Don't you hate it when thos .tk people do that? You finally find a great reason to bash them and then they act all nice and reasonable! Darn them .tk kids!
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

The quick edit thing, i had to remove for a short while, just as i change the fonts :)
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

skezza wrote:The quick edit thing, i had to remove for a short while, just as i change the fonts :)
I like the quick edit...nice feature 8)
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

its back ;)
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

Regarding the Look of a guitarist - one of Randy's favorites was Leslie West from the band Mountain, not a very pretty site, IMHO. :lol:
andy m

Post by andy m »

I thought he did a fine job! In fact I'll probably watch it again!

Andy