Karl Sandoval Knob Conspiracy!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

IWasMaiden93

Karl Sandoval Knob Conspiracy!

Post by IWasMaiden93 »

Ok... Not really a conspiracy, well at all, but it attracted your attention, didn't it? Anyways, I was drooling through my Randy Rhoads 30th Anniversary box set (Notice the Randy and not Ozzy box set) and noticed that in earlier photos the spotted V has white volume/tone/etc knobs on it and laster ones have black knobs... Can anyone explain this?
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Re: Karl Sandoval Knob Conspiracy!

Post by sik_kreations »

randy changed it up.. it also had a chrome bridge and then later was changed to a black one.
IWasMaiden93

Post by IWasMaiden93 »

That's interesting... Didn't even notice that

So he had white and chrome during Blizzard and black and black for Diary? Interesting
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Hate to be rude to a newbie but at 3 posts you have to start a thread ?? Try the search function :roll:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

JAY wrote:Hate to be rude to a newbie but at 3 posts you have to start a thread ?? Try the search function :roll:
Feel free to ask questions! The search function is okay, but any discussion that gets away from the "box" is more than welcome in my opinion!

The oldtimers around here often spout off about continuing Randy's "legacy" and then talk smack when newcomers ask questions...

Sorry, Jay, but that was uncalled for. How are the new kids gonna keep the candle burning if we offend them when they inquire?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I believe the knobs were "ice cube" color if anyone cares
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I never noticed. Good eye! I'm glad you brought that up.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

IWasMaiden93 wrote:That's interesting... Didn't even notice that

So he had white and chrome during Blizzard and black and black for Diary? Interesting
want something else to wrap your mind around?
scans of the original invoice for the PDV says that
it had 2x Dimarzio PAF pickups at first, so Randy(or anyone)
changed one of them for a Dimarzio Super Distortion 8) ;) :twisted:
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Post by blues_n_cues »

yup,@ 1st it had white knobs. i liked the black better myself.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Awsome! 8)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
JAY wrote:Hate to be rude to a newbie but at 3 posts you have to start a thread ?? Try the search function :roll:
Feel free to ask questions! The search function is okay, but any discussion that gets away from the "box" is more than welcome in my opinion!
I like to add that if everybody would use the "search function" and not starting new threads this board would become very quiet......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Paul Wolfe wrote:

The oldtimers around here often spout off about continuing Randy's "legacy" and then talk smack when newcomers ask questions...

Sorry, Jay, but that was uncalled for. How are the new kids gonna keep the candle burning if we offend them when they inquire?
Ok i'll rephrase the comment,how about start a thread without a misleading title to get peoples attention like renaming the thread something like"Whats with Randy's knob" or something like that :lol: Hey I'm all for questions just post without the misleading titles-it's lame .Or maybe I'm the one who's lame and should take so geritol and calm down :mrgreen:
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

I had to lol at the thread title, if your from the uk you would understand :). I think the black volume knobs look the best, The white just conflicts with the dots.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:
I like to add that if everybody would use the "search function" and not starting new threads this board would become very quiet......
The search function is very tempromental it works for some searches but others are just giving back far too many threads to search through. It's cool for someone to ask these type of questions like Pat said if everyone went for the search option no one would be making threads on here.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Axian wrote:I had to lol at the thread title, if your from the uk you would understand :). I think the black volume knobs look the best, The white just conflicts with the dots.
Yeah i thought Karl had been getting himself into trouble and was away to the clinic to get his STD checked out. :lol: