to other guitar players who have new live cd

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

the crush
Cool Member

to other guitar players who have new live cd

Post by the crush »

Listen to revelation mother earth at about the 1 min. Mark you hear randy doing the little fill on the b and e string at the same time it sounds like another guitar is doing harmonics it may be keyboards but take a listen and the crowd sheers sound strange like fading out real fast like a vibrato pedal anyone else hear that but the new live cd rocks
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
AceVader
Cool Member

Re: to other guitar players who have new live cd

Post by AceVader »

First thing's first - that is the best avatar in the history of the internet.

Second - I hear a tiny bit of delay on the harmonics, but not a second guitar.
the crush
Cool Member

Post by the crush »

AceVader wrote:First thing's first - that is the best avatar in the history of the internet.

The same time the harminics are being played at almost the same time randy is playind the fill on the b and e string listen close
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

I think what sounds like harmonics there is the keyboard playing- Randy is playing clean in the background. It is a bit odd.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

i think its randy that played it. he could be doing harmonics and playing because he was using his fingers for that part, not his pick. it also sounds like he uses either his volume knob or his volume pedal for the lick and it does not sound like either of the two keyboard tones.
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

E|--7--6--7--5-----------12*--------7*-
B|--------------8--7--8------7*--------
G|------------------------------5*-----
D|--------------------------------------
A|--------------------------------------
E|--------------------------------------
the crush
Cool Member

Post by the crush »

TheMrAxeman wrote:i think its randy that played it. he could be doing harmonics and playing because he was using his fingers for that part, not his pick. it also sounds like he uses either his volume knob or his volume pedal for the lick and it does not sound like either of the two keyboard tones.
Don't think he's playing both them parts it has to be the keyboard doing the harminc part and don't know about the volume pedal part both riffs are going on almost the same time.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

I have played guitar for twenty years and been in awe of Randy’s playing the entire time. Listening to the live CD my biggest problem is the change in feel from song to song, even in Mr Crowley the atmosphere changes before the second solo. This twists my listening experience of the CD, something in my gut just doesn’t sit right, I need to have a listen to an equed version through a set of bloody good head phones at some stage to settle this feeling.
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

Yea Ive heard what the crush is hearing--it does sound like 2 guitars--I know Don was playing some parts during all the songs but it does sound like another guitar in that particular part-stange nonetheless
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

The new album sounds amazing, but it just doesn't sit right in my gut. It's like taking a hot chick home and peeling her panties off only to discover a d*ck!

Someday we are going to find out that Zakk doubled some parts.

Here's something to consider...

The "newness" of Randy's death is 30 years past now. I can really and honestly believe that Ozzy was still heartbroken in 87', and if anyone dared to touch Randy's tracks on Tribute he would have sat on them (2 tons of fun Ozzy in those Liberace robes).

But...

Fast forward 25 years, and you have Randy as a "product" and you have the Osbourne's as "opportunists." I'm sure Randy's guitar parts were awesome, but let's face it, his tone was nothing like guitarists have today. So, in keeping that thought, maybe Ozzy wanted Zakk to double some parts? I mean, it's no coincidence that Zakk is playing along to Randy in the documentary, right?? Zakk and the Osbourne's are apparently still on good terms. Maybe they gave Zakk the green light to do some stuff in the studio to pay homage to his childhood hero??
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

.....yeah and Sharon shot JFK :)
the crush
Cool Member

Post by the crush »

Lespauly wrote:Yea Ive heard what the crush is hearing--it does sound like 2 guitars--I know Don was playing some parts during all the songs but it does sound like another guitar in that particular part-stange nonetheless
Thanks thought I was hearing things it does sound like a guitar doing the harmonic part it must be thE keyboard. Thanks lespauly
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

i personally think that the osbournes took different fills and licks from different concerts
thats why it sounds a little un-natural. and this could just be a mistake in the editing process
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

Y'all got better ears than I do. I hear what you are talking about, but I don't as many notes as are tabbed up there. I'm not hearing two things at once. Anything is possible with digital recording, but I can't imagine them adding fills. Especially in this particular song in this particular spot. Would not make much sense, and does not add enough to be worth the trouble IMHO.
the crush
Cool Member

Post by the crush »

AceVader wrote:First thing's first - that is the best avatar in the history of the internet.

thanks yeah i made that avatar from some live footage my friend shot with his video camera at a ozzy and randy show back in 82 :D :D :D glad you like it its custom