Blizzard / Diary Reissues 1st week numbers

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Blizzard / Diary Reissues 1st week numbers

Post by axeman_12656 »

The reissues of OZZY OSBOURNE's classic first two solo albums, 1980's "Blizzard Of Ozz" and 1981's "Diary Of A Madman", sold around 6,000 copies each in the United States in their first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. They arrived on May 31 in definitive editions that restore and remaster the original recordings. Both were made available separately or as part of a deluxe box set that features both albums on CD and vinyl, a 100-page coffee table book, a documentary on DVD and a "full-size detailed replica of Ozzy's iconic cross."
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Re: Blizzard / Diary Reissues 1st week numbers

Post by Geo Sav »

Does Ozzy move alot of cds anymore. Those sould have sold alot better if they didn't keep putting out over and over again.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Ozzy still moves albums.. His latest album SCREAM debuted at #4 on Billboard. Fact is.. Most everyone that already has these albums could really care less about remasters. 6,000 units in the U.S. for a re-issue is actually pretty good.

I'm not sure if that counts the box set. Albums sales are just going down the shitter in general. Below are some figures for ya.

Scream sold 80,000 units to open at #4 on Billboard in its first week of release.
Osbourne's last album, "Black Rain", opened with 152,000 units back in May 2007 to debut at No. 3 on The Billboard 200 chart. That number was in line with the 153,000 first-week tally registered by 2001's "Down to Earth", which entered the Billboard chart at No. 4.
Last edited by axeman_12656 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I still think they would have bigger numbers if they didn't release the cds the last time when they took off Bob and Lee.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Geo Sav wrote:I still think they would have bigger numbers if they didn't release the cds the last time when they took off Bob and Lee.
Geo..i changed my post check it again... Scream did a little better then expectations. i edited and posted the final numbers.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Not bad considering alot a people aren't buying cds as much any more. Thanks for finding that.