new update on peter margolis documentary

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Re: new update on peter margolis documentary

Post by whoopiecat »

I do agree that the two of them probably wish they were friends...they've been through a lot together, but I truly think they only problem Bob and Ozzy have with one another is Sharon.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

whoopiecat wrote:I do agree that the two of them probably wish they were friends...they've been through a lot together, but I truly think they only problem Bob and Ozzy have with one another is Sharon.
Ohhh yeh!!! Definitely
The_Scratch

Post by The_Scratch »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Everyone since then has been a hired gun as well, Tommy Aldridge and Rudy Sarzo didn't last long... in fact, no one but Zakk really lasted long in Ozzy's "band".
... and Randy Castillo.

R.I.P.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The_Scratch wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Everyone since then has been a hired gun as well, Tommy Aldridge and Rudy Sarzo didn't last long... in fact, no one but Zakk really lasted long in Ozzy's "band".
... and Randy Castillo.

R.I.P.

Very true...
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

The_Scratch wrote:
... and Randy Castillo.

R.I.P.

actually, Mike Bordin drummed for Ozzy (and at quite a few Sabbath gigs) for quite a long time. He was actually in the "band" longer than Castillo was.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

I think the biggest part of the problem people have, and the reason for coming up with the old "Bob and Lee signed away their rights"...etc..etc "It's their own fault"....etc..etc.time after time,...(which they never did in the first place), is that it sits better with them rather than the truth, Sharon and Ozzy ripped them off, knowingly, because Sharon doesn't care about anything other than the money, and Ozzy is her cash cow. The other question it brings up is, how well did they/were they, treating Randy..??? Bob and Lee's treatment gives you a clue.

Randy was also in Sharon's stable, a second cash cow, and I don't believe for a second they saw him any different than Bob and Lee, except for the fact that they needed Randy because it would have been extremely difficult to find a guitarist and say "here play what Randy played"........It would all be part of the reason I would imagine that Randy, after only a short time, was already thinking seriously about leaving Ozzy.

We all love Randy, and we'd all like to believe the Osbourne's worshiped the ground he walked on, but how much of what they say and do is to keep the fans happy and buying albums...??? A lot of it is good business practice not love.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i feel the same way!!and i believe thats what went down..randy saw lee and bob get shit on like nothing, then the shit started flyin randys way not long after...who knows..
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

rokket wrote:because Sharon doesn't care about anything other than the money

I think she did a good job of riding Ozzy's coat tails to get herself into the spotlight... aside from money, I believe she loves fame and power.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

You folks should read the Viv Campbell interview I posted here.
Dio 'the band' was no different than the 'Blizzard' as a band from what I can gather.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Where is the Vivian int?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

hansolo wrote:Where is the Vivian int?
In the Other Musician's section here.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

rokket wrote: We all love Randy, and we'd all like to believe the Osbourne's worshiped the ground he walked on, but how much of what they say and do is to keep the fans happy and buying albums...??? A lot of it is good business practice not love.
What about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME2VkqBxs5Y

I think Ozzy is a little more human that you give him credit for. . .
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

kamalayka wrote:I think Ozzy is a little more human that you give him credit for. . .
What makes you think that guy knows anything about Randy?? :mrgreen: