new update on peter margolis documentary

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

jasonmusicman
Cool Member

new update on peter margolis documentary

Post by jasonmusicman »

Hi guys.
Due to the lack of updates on the randy documentary i decided to email dakota films and simply ask them what was happening regards the documentary this was the reply i got ( i didnt think i would get a reply but hey what can i say)

Hi Jason.
The doco is sadly, still a work in progress.

As is the case with many independently made films - the limited resources available has caused us to spend much more time then we anticipated.

However the film will ultimately be finished and we very much hope that the many people involved will be proud of their work and our unwavering commitment to making something that is a true testament to Randy's life and his great gift to music.

All the best,

John Schaffer
DocuDivided Division
Dakota Films

So it look like its still in working progress and hasnt been shelved which is good news for us fans.

Jas.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: new update on peter margolis documentary

Post by orion_damage »

The preview looked amazing so it would be a real treat to have that dvd, thanks for the update!
slobberface

Post by slobberface »

While it sucks that this thing is taking so long, it's great to hear that it will ultimately be finished rather than just forgotten about 8)
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

A glimmer of hope. Nice.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

"sadly, a work in progress".....

could be 10 years or more and there's no guarantee of anything, really. Not really good news, but not surprising either.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

ah theyre probably waiting to see what the sales will be on the ozzy boxset before they even think about makin a move on the dakota bio...its all about the money!!
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

Now THIS has the potential to be something REALLY special, praying that it gets finished. And Tito, I really don't know how much of a correlation between the Box Set and this film exists. Granted, us RR freaks will gobble it up, but I think it could be a "human interest" type movie/documentary that could be very popular and well received by those who have no idea who Randy is. Randy's life & career plays out almost like a Greek tragedy, and I think this documentary could have wide mass appeal, especially if the trailer is any indication. For example, look how popular and critically acclaimed the move "The Wrestler" was, even by those who would never consider watching wrestling. This could be a success along those same lines.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

jasonmusicman wrote:
Hi Jason.
The doco is sadly, still a work in progress.

As is the case with many independently made films - the limited resources available has caused us to spend much more time then we anticipated.

However the film will ultimately be finished and we very much hope that the many people involved will be proud of their work and our unwavering commitment to making something that is a true testament to Randy's life and his great gift to music.

All the best,
John Schaffer
DocuDivided Division
Dakota Films

In other words, we have put it on the back,back,backburner forever cuz hell,we are involved in other projects that are making us money and are not a pain in the ass and waste of time.
Yeah how much money does it take to complete a documentary about a relatively obscure musician???What-ev!
F that!
Last edited by oth on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

Heres what happened IMO guys.

Peter found all of the footage that the Osbournes just released. They probably wouldn't give him permission to release it unless he let them release it first. If the documentary would have came out when it was supposed to, and it had that footage in it, then how many people would have bought the box set? Makes sense to me. The Osbournes saw an opportunity to cash in on Randys name and wanted to get to it first.

Matt
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

Remedylane wrote:Heres what happened IMO guys.

Peter found all of the footage that the Osbournes just released. They probably wouldn't give him permission to release it unless he let them release it first. If the documentary would have came out when it was supposed to, and it had that footage in it, then how many people would have bought the box set? Makes sense to me. The Osbournes saw an opportunity to cash in on Randys name and wanted to get to it first.

Matt
If that's the case why didn't the O's release the Entertainment Tonight footage we know Peter discovered and is now in the O's possession?
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Jason, thank you for taking the time to ask and also to post the response here.
dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

Hopefully it does get done, hard to see it happening from here though.
We should run a poll, 'What do you think will get released first?' Bob Daisley's Grail Tapes, The Phoenix Brothers Footage or the Doco?

Thanks for e-mailing them, at least you got a response. Cheers!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Hopefully, the big issue w/ the Dakota films/ Peter M. was with Ozzy/Sharon issue of which music to use, as I recall. The bastardized or Bob & Lee. I could of just been rumor. It would be nice to hear if Bob and Lee got any money from the albums/box/cd's. Or the Rhoads family. I bought the picture discs lp's. I get paid on Friday and intend on buying the box! I will spend my hard earned cash on Randy! Let's hear about Randy!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I have just enough cash left for the E.T. footage!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

If what Ozzy did by releasing is the start of a trickle of new RR related releases then I think that will encourage them to release the doc' if the trickle dries up I can't imagine it will be released any time soon if ever.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.