Hate To Ask This

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Hate To Ask This

Post by Cryptic Night »

But does anyone know where we can view the footage? I've managed to obtain the albums (And they sound brilliant), but I've looked everywhere and can't find the footage. And no, I don't have the money to buy a box set.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Remedylane
Cool Member

Re: Hate To Ask This

Post by Remedylane »

Im sure some people will frown upon your question. But some of us don't have 150 bucks laying around. Bad move on the Osbournes to hold you hostage with Randy footage and make you buy a box set.. I still think the DVD will come out at some point on its own. As ive said in other threads, I would be more inclined to spend 150 dollars if i could see a sample (WITH SOUND) of the footage.

Matt
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

If you have looked everywhere for the footage & cant find any - does that mean the 5 parts of the doc that was aired on VH1 has been taken down off You-tube again?
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Remedylane wrote:if i could see a sample (WITH SOUND) of the footage.

Matt
i'm assuming around the 0.35 mark just before ozzy speaks is exactly what we see and hear....I don't have mine yet so am guessing
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

Yeah, ive seen the No Bone Movies snippet. Id like to see a snippet from the Diary footage. Its not biggie.. Im not sweating it. I know the DVD will come out on its own at some point.. Im a patient man.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

Im looking for it myself. It will come out before long, I'm sure. I despereately want to see it. I DID buy the DOaM legacy edition. I cant, however, shell out the 150 for the box set for a few reasons. 1) my wife would absolutely kill me and we're already on very thin ice. 2) It isnt right how they did it on several levels. Leaving key people out, forcing us to buy the premium package to see what they know everyone wants to see, it all comes down to sheer greed. I wont play into that. Well, OK, if I wouldnt get in so much trouble with the wife I probably would. I wanna see it that bad.

Anyway, Im sure this will become available before long.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

it's unfortunate that they chose to "strong-arm" people into buying a boxset (when they clearly didn't have to...).

Don't worry....before too long, it will find its way on to YouTube without doubt.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Remedylane wrote:Im sure some people will frown upon your question.
Yeah, that's why I hated having to ask this question. :?

Part of the reason I can't find any footage is because I don't know what to look for. Everything I've looked up ended up either coming out as the documentary footage, a thread claiming there is footage coming out, or the low quality footage we already have out, or something similar.

As I've said I've got the albums, took me forever to find them, I'm just a little surprised that this footage isn't out there by now. Oh well, maybe sometime this month.

I really want to see the footage though.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
randyrulz

Post by randyrulz »

It is a good question and I want to see it also, but I,m not shelling out $150 bucks (and I have it) for a DVD. When it does come out (my guess it will be with the Tribute Remaster or a "Tour Edition") There will be ALOT of pissed-off people on here............
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

I don't have the money either :( the chip pan is an expensive thing to make
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Someone should make an iso file from the dvd..a lot easier than uploading the footage one video at a time
And well get the dvd menu and such
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

Yea guys hold out for it later--All Ive seen that I have not seen before is a few songs from the Diary tour shot from Rudys side of stage--not a whole lot of RR to see--I bought it and kinda wish I had not--its not worth the dough--I should have spent that dough on a foot pedal like an old MXR Phase 90
DaveRX

Post by DaveRX »

I was Pissed that the VH1 was the same as the DVD ...I thought that was a 75 min Doc & 70 min of footage???
Ive posted some clips from the VH1 ....But I CANT GET THE DVD To RIP????
It comes out ALL FUCKED UP????Un watchable & listenable.....I know some people have but I think They (Ozzy/CBS/Sony) got Youtube under Lockdown,or is it On lockdown????
I must Add though that the Palladium is the BEST Version of Paranoid Ive heard!!!
Has anyone else had theese ripping probs???Ive used 3 diff programs...they got it Locked
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

DaveRX wrote:I was Pissed that the VH1 was the same as the DVD ...I thought that was a 75 min Doc & 70 min of footage???
Ive posted some clips from the VH1 ....But I CANT GET THE DVD To RIP????
It comes out ALL FUCKED UP????Un watchable & listenable.....I know some people have but I think They (Ozzy/CBS/Sony) got Youtube under Lockdown,or is it On lockdown????
I must Add though that the Palladium is the BEST Version of Paranoid Ive heard!!!
Has anyone else had theese ripping probs???Ive used 3 diff programs...they got it Locked
Nope...mine ripped fine...but I ain't upping it Image