Hate To Ask This

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: Hate To Ask This

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:
axeman_12656 wrote:Dude is classy as Hell but gets ripped so hard on this site because the camaramen of the few vids we have always seem to wanna show Rudy during a guitar solo.

WHO KNEW the "After Hours" video director would later become an even more musically clueless film school student?

I mean, what are the odds of that happening?!
Well, at least he did After Hours. That bit of filming is more relevant than most film school projects. At least it has some marquee value!
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

My favorite part of the New Mexico video...

Randy starts the first solo in Mr. Crowley...

AND

The camera man zooms in on...Tommy?!?!?!?!?

I know video camera's were new technology, but was stupidity a new form of art as well????

Last, but not least...

How about the ONLY time the camera blurs is when...it's....on....RANDY!!!!
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

Over The Mountain and Mr.Crowley from New Mexico are on YouTube (not for long mind you). No clue whom uploaded them?
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

as for him "OVER ACTING" keep in mind also its the very start of the show. He is gonna show more energy for those 2 songs than any other song in the set.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

You think there is more footage?

Yah and motherfuckas will probably shell out $250 for it!!! Lame!

Quoted for truth. Amen to this. Especially the subpar meal analogy.

I know people will complain that WE'RE complaining about the footage, and while I'm happy that we have more footage at all, it is pretty mediocre, given the hefty price tag. We can only hope there's more, better footage where this came from.[/quote]
Last edited by chilinvilin on Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

AndrewT1976 wrote:
How about the ONLY time the camera blurs is when...it's....on....RANDY!!!!
I was thinking the same thing. Its like he was practicing being a news camera man... Douche!
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

chilinvilin wrote: I was thinking the same thing. Its like he was practicing being a news camera man... Douche!
Prior to the DVD we had no good footage of a live concert, now we have and you're calling the guy who filmed it a douche? You do realise before 2011 that we only had after hours and the bits from the palladium stuff and now we got more right? How could more Randy footage result in complaining..

And everybody complaining about the price of this new boxset... If you think it is too much, watch it on youtube or download it when it eventually gets widespread. If you can afford it, buy it. Seriously, if every member is going to post here if he/she is going to buy it or not we could go on for ever.

It costs 150$. Want it? Save up for it.
RRFAN123456789

Post by RRFAN123456789 »

I got the new Blizzard CD at wal-Mart a few days ago. With bonus tracks. I didn't see Diary though
RIP
Randy Rhoads
12/6/1956-3/19/1982
watersfootball

Post by watersfootball »

The footage of both the palladium and new Mexico are bot focused on ozzy but the sound is great for the my show and even better for the new Mexico, I found the documentary really interesting as well

Mike :)
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

Is anyone still hunting for the footage? Just curious. :wink:
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
fraroc

Post by fraroc »

Man, all you Rudy haters can go fuck yourselves. You seem to be forgetting how amazing of a bassist he is and not only that. You ALSO forget that him and Randy were not only bandmates, they were like BROTHERS. And when Randy died, it was really hard on the poor guy!!
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

fraroc wrote:Man, all you Rudy haters can go fuck yourselves.
that was uncalled for :!:
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

fraroc wrote:Man, all you Rudy haters can go fuck yourselves. You seem to be forgetting how amazing of a bassist he is and not only that. You ALSO forget that him and Randy were not only bandmates, they were like BROTHERS. And when Randy died, it was really hard on the poor guy!!
I'm sorry Mr. Sarzo. Dont take it personally. :p
JohnnyRoxx

Post by JohnnyRoxx »

I saw Ozzy on New Year's Eve 1981-1982. The stage moves Rudy was doing looked great from where I was. It looks a lot different on this close up footage from NM (only shot a week later from the show I was at) because you don't get the FULL impact of seeing everything happen all at once - If you see the Irvine Meadows 1982 concert on DVD it looks pretty cool on there too. When I saw the Diary Tour with Randy it looked rather majestic seeing them all in front of the large castle, didn't look goofy at all. In fact, Rudy was a GOD on that stage... Just my thoughts.