Hate To Ask This

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Hate To Ask This

Post by Tito »

you bunch of pirate whores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Tito wrote:you bunch of pirate whores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don't talk about sharon like that! she's also a nice lady :D
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

:(
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

just kidding tito!
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Why don't all you smelly pirate hookers save up your pennies, look for change in the couch and under the seats of the car, search out every last aluminum can to recycle, sell some old unwanted junk on EBAY, then combine all your new found booty. You can all chip in, buy a legit copy, rip it and upload it and then you'll be bit torrent super heroes :-)

By the way, I think the price was ridiculous too, as is the fact that they did not release the DVD (as of yet) on it's own for a reasonable price. I do however understand that they needed to have something special in the box set in order to make it sell-able. I don't think the cross was going to do it. It wasn't the documentary obviously, since that was aired for free right away. Obviously, they are counting on the video footage being the selling point.
Last edited by cableguyxx on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

The Flying Dutchman wrote: I thought they weren't sold anymore? :?
To make them still available we had them up for the people here......

For stuff that people can't buy anymore it feels a little different to me. (we are not disturbing actual sales then, also we don't make a $$ from something we don't own, that wouldn't feel right to me) Though this is my opinion and for sure can be debated too, this is not an easy subject....
They are not available Pat :wink: the places that have had them for sale are not legit to my knowledge (unless something has changed). Kevin D had given me a verbal OK years ago to host them for that very reason. Same for the Crowley EP, Prince of Darkness....all those out of print vinyls. Touchy subject as they were legitimate releases, but are now no longer available. Big difference to something that was just released.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Big difference to something that was just released
B-I-N-G-O....and Bingo was his name-o

I can't believe the lack of common sense comparing "out of print" items from 30 years ago to a brand new release. If I discovered a hidden concert and/or paid $150 for a never-before seen bootleg video I'd sure as shit share it with the rest of the RR community, that's just my nature and how we've all kept his spirit alive. This scenario is different. It IS available for everyone...whether you can afford it is a different story.

I thank all those before me who made the shows and videos available, as it was out of generosity and the RR community's understanding that almost no one had access to them.

Give it 6 months and it'll be everywhere.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

dmnjr wrote:Give it 6 months and it'll be everywhere.
I'm very confident of this as well and it doesn't bother me. I just don't want to be the one to do it.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

No way in heck would I be the one to either.

Btw, I've had the box set 2 days now and haven't watched the film yet!! Waiting for my cousin to come over and watch it with me. He got me into Randy back in '87 when I first picked up a guitar. Only fitting we watch it together as he can't afford it right now.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

dmnjr wrote: Btw, I've had the box set 2 days now and haven't watched the film yet!! Waiting for my cousin to come over and watch it with me. He got me into Randy back in '87 when I first picked up a guitar. Only fitting we watch it together as he can't afford it right now.
Nice! I like hearing/reading shit like this. I hope that you have a good one when you get around to watching it.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

cableguyxx wrote:Why don't all you smelly pirate hookers save up your pennies, look for change in the couch and under the seats of the car, search out every last aluminum can to recycle, sell some old unwanted junk on EBAY, then combine all your new found booty. You can all chip in, buy a legit copy, rip it and upload it and then you'll be bit torrent super heroes :-)
That's just what I did...I chose a bunch of DVDs that were collecting dust in the library, as well as CDs that were on my PC anyway and sold them used to the very store I got the box from. That generated $123 and I was lucky enough to have a friend who worked there, so the box came to $118 with his discount. I basically traded the box for a box of movies I didn't really need. Plus five bucks back from the store.
Mind you, I just recently figured out how to successfully download the Chelmsford show, (after several failed attempts! :evil:), so uploading video is clearly out of my realm, sorry. :oops:
My thanks as well for those who have provided the essential audio found here. I certainly appreciate it. 8)
Speaking of the Chelmsford gig, btw, I nearly sprayed my keyboard and monitor with iced tea when I heard Ozzy introduce Randy for Suicide! :lol:

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

TheMrAxeman wrote:
chasmcneal wrote:

Hint Hint someone may or may not have posted direct links to ripped material from a recent, commercial, Ozzy release: try looking instead of blanket condescension. :wink: That is, if you are serious about the direct linking of pirated boxset material posing a legitimate threat to this site.
I'm not bothered by this site linking material. My bother is with the inconsistency of the rules. Its against the rules to link to commercially released material: the live show from the DOAM Legacy release is linked, and its in the audio section. If there is a rule about linking, and the rule is 'Commercially available material shouldn't be linked,' then that show being linked is a clear and present violation, and should be subject to the same moderation everyone else endures.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Speaking of the Chelmsford gig, btw, I nearly sprayed my keyboard and monitor with iced tea when I heard Ozzy introduce Randy for Suicide!
I know!! I found this boot on cassette at Vintage Vinyl in St. Louis back in '94....damn the memories.

I was 19, it was a hot, humid St. Louis summer, I was heading to a float trip on the Huzzah River...and I hear "featuring our lead guitarist Randy Rhoads...who's also gay" and I about drove off the road!!! I could just feel Randy shrinking off the stage in humiliation, but in a funny way.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

LOL I listen to that one frequently. I even made a comment about it in the audio section here. Hilarious, I cracked up the first time I heard it :D
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

In regards to the box set, I was hoping they would throw in a tassled shirt like Ozzy wore instead of that rather pedestrian cross. I think wearing the tasseled shirt and watching the DVD would have really put the viewer "in the moment." lol.