Randy Quiz Answers

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Randy Quiz Answers

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was thinking it would be a good idea to have a weekly/monthly quiz and the winner or winners who get the most or all the questions correct will win a prize.It will be related to the great man himself it could be a bootleg or an Ozzy LP/single and every now and then a mystery prize which i'm keeping a secret.The questions will be posted up on the forum with a deadline for when the answers have to be PM to me.Can you let me know if you are interested and we'll give this a dummy run and if it takes off we could make this a regular slot.I'll post the answers up with the winning name.I'll post up a few questions to see how good you's are.
1.Where did Randy and Ozzy/Blizzard rehearse for the first UK Tour 1980?
2.How did Randy begin playing the guitar.
3What was his first guitar.
4.Randy's effects/pedalboard,Ozzy use to have a nick name for this and What did he call it ?
5.What was Randy's first appearence on record/vinyl !!..not a criminal record !.
6.What was Randy's favourite solo on record.
7.Who replaced Randy in 1982 and what nationality is this man.
8.In what year did Randy receive player of the year award
9.What grade and make of plectrum/pick did Randy use..
Just post your answers up and we'll see :shock: who are the RR experts on this forum..Have fun 8)
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think this is a great idea go for it!

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger i don't see you having a go at answering the questions ??????..Come on all for one and one for all...
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Randy Quiz

Post by skezza »

London
Took Lessons of a guy called Scott Shelly.
Gibson Acoustic
4.Randy's effects/pedalboard,Ozzy use to have a nick name for this and What did he call it ?
:shock: The Axe
5.What was Randy's first appearence on record/vinyl !!..not a criminal record !.
Its not so funny, on 7.
He enjoyed Mr Crowley
Bernie Tormé i think he was Irish.
1980 and 1981, i think.
He used medium fender pink

oops, that was poor :lol:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Skezza you cannot have 2 guesses so i'll have to take your first answer.That gives you a total of 4 out of 9 :oops: which isn't brilliant and no prizes i'm affraid so you'll have to get swatting up for the real event coming up. Watch this space.Please remember that my decision is final :twisted: so please take it on the chin like a man when i say your wrong OK.LOL
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: 1.Where did Randy and Ozzy/Blizzard rehearse for the first UK Tour 1980?
Just post your answers up and we'll see :shock: who are the RR experts on this forum..Have fun 8)
1. John Henry's in London
3. Gibson Harmony Rocket
4. The Chip Pan
5. Quiet Riot 1 - Released only in Japan by CBS(I think it was CBS)
7. Bernie Torme, Irish
8. 1981
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Stiltzkin,
Have you and Skezza been copying cos surprise suprise you got 4 correct aswell.You's guys will have to swat up big style if you want to win this fully signed Ozzy programme from 1980.!! :o If you haven't had a go at answering the questions give it a go i'm sure the moderators will have something nice for the winner :D
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:wink: Man, I´d love to answer the quiz but got a nighttrain to catch and I´ve been late before so...the quiz no 9. I´d say Randy used Fender picks and some others, strings were GHS for sure, at least on last USA tours... more of these, quiz-things are great, not that I have any need to prove for my Rhoads- knowledge, but I want to know more!
Mikel
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

stealaway wrote: strings were GHS for sure
Partly correct, because when he lived in England he used Picatto strings. :wink: :lol:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Sounds like a brilliant idea. It would really be a great addition to the site.

1. The pub near Ridge Farm studios.

2. He began by having lessons in folk guitar with his sister.

3. An old Gibson acoustic which belonged to his Grandad.

4. The Chip-pan

5. It's not so funny-Quiet Riot

6. Revelation (Mother Earth)

7. Bernie Torme, Irish *looks around nervously...*

8. 1982

9. Fender medium.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Nomis Studios for the tour. John Henry's for the album.

At 6 years old he picked up his granfathers Gibson acoustic guitar and played around with it till his mother got him to take lessons years later.

A semi-acoustic Harmony Rocket.

The Chip pan.

5.What was Randy's first appearence on record/vinyl !!..not a criminal record !.The Magic wand 3 song Ep with Quiet Riot.Included "Suicidal Show, Just How You want It, West Coast Tryouts.

"Mr. Crowley".

Bernie Torme from Ireland

December 30th 1981 Randy won the "Best New Talent" award for Guitar Player magazine. Also won "Best Heavy Metal Guitarist" from Sounds in 1981.

Fender/medium
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cableguy some of your answers are in the correct field but not what i've got written down as the questions are from an interview, so i'm dictating Randy's words.So im afraid you only got 5 but you are at the top of the leader board as everyone else has only managed 4.I'll print up the answers on Sunday.So if you haven't had a shot at the questions WHY not you could win a prize on the next quiz so get your thinking :idea: caps on. :wink:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Actually, Darin's answers are correct...

The only differences I could imagine Randy stating in an interview would be that they rehearsed in "a big old house in England; he often described his first guitar as an old Gibson acoustic; I've read that Revelation (Mother Earth) was one of his favorite solos...

It'll be interesting to see the answers you print on Sunday...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

RockyRhoads wrote:Actually, Darin's answers are correct...

The only differences I could imagine Randy stating in an interview would be that they rehearsed in "a big old house in England; he often described his first guitar as an old Gibson acoustic; I've read that Revelation (Mother Earth) was one of his favorite solos...

It'll be interesting to see the answers you print on Sunday...
I've have said that a few of you's have been skirting round the answers but you'll understand when i list the answers on Sunday.I'm no expert so please don't come down on me with a told you so.I'm like anyone else i get my RR knowledge from books,interviews but sometimes even these can be wrong!!! So please bare with me.This is just a dummy run to see how much feedback this gets to do the quiz regular with PRIZES :shock: aswell.If you don't want to be in the quiz you could send me a PM with a list of the questions of your choice but again i've got to rely on the answers being correct..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

7. Bernie Torme, Irish *looks around nervously...*[quote]

Elle "never mind looking around nervously"you have changed your answer from your PM so i'll have to take your first answer so your score is still 4 OK.No cheating :oops: