Interview with Bob Daisley on unreleased Randy rehearsals!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

shred1
Madman

Re: Interview with Bob Daisley on unreleased Randy rehearsal

Post by shred1 »

Honestly I think the main reason that Sharon doesn't want Bob's rehearsal tapes released is that it would blow the theory and long time story of "Ozzy and Randy wrote everything"....out the window......You'd get to hear the proof.
And that will change...... nothing, in the grand scheme of things.
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

rokket wrote:Honestly I think the main reason that Sharon doesn't want Bob's rehearsal tapes released is that it would blow the theory and long time story of "Ozzy and Randy wrote everything"....out the window......You'd get to hear the proof.
Hmm, what theory is that? Bob is credited just as much as Ozzy & Randy on every version of BOO & DOAM ever released.

I bet it was Bob's greediness that caused the O's lack of interest in the holy grail. Yet again we have Bob's words against nothing from the O's.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Isodee wrote:
rokket wrote:Honestly I think the main reason that Sharon doesn't want Bob's rehearsal tapes released is that it would blow the theory and long time story of "Ozzy and Randy wrote everything"....out the window......You'd get to hear the proof.
Hmm, what theory is that? Bob is credited just as much as Ozzy & Randy on every version of BOO & DOAM ever released.

I bet it was Bob's greediness that caused the O's lack of interest in the holy grail. Yet again we have Bob's words against nothing from the O's.

Hmm...Obviously you've never read the credits on every version of DOAM ever released. Rudy Sarzo was credited for playing bass and Tommy Aldridge for drums when they had nothing to do with that album and neither Bob nor Lee were credited for production. This was part of the '86 lawsuit.
If Bob and Lee weren't credited for their playing or production on DOAM, how do you reach the conclusion that they were credited just as much as Ozzy and Randy???
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

what happends when bob dies who will get the gold pot the holy grail the big boom his kids, the rhoads, lee

THE FANS ??????????
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

Sky wrote:
Isodee wrote:

Hmm...Obviously you've never read the credits on every version of DOAM ever released. Rudy Sarzo was credited for playing bass and Tommy Aldridge for drums when they had nothing to do with that album and neither Bob nor Lee were credited for production. This was part of the '86 lawsuit.
If Bob and Lee weren't credited for their playing or production on DOAM, how do you reach the conclusion that they were credited just as much as Ozzy and Randy???
"Ozzy and Randy wrote everything?"

Here's the infamous 2002 remasters, exactly where isn't Bob credited? The same goes with original DOAM vinyl on which Tommy & Rudy are mentioned as players (we all know that is not true) but Lee and Bob are credited as songwriters.

Being credited and not being paid are two different things.
Attachments
20120714_122212.jpg
20120714_121446.jpg
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Isodee wrote:

"Bob's greediness.....".....lol.............yeah ...he's sure made a fortune from milking the Ozzy and Randy name.........NOT.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Here's the infamous 2002 remasters, exactly where isn't Bob credited? The same goes with original DOAM vinyl on which Tommy & Rudy are mentioned as players (we all know that is not true) but Lee and Bob are credited as songwriters.

Being credited and not being paid are two different things.[/quote]

The credits you've pointed out don't really explain much though do they.............no.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

"Ozzy and Randy wrote everything?"

Well I'm sure what you've written makes sense to you but I don't get your point. :?

Bob and Lee PLAYED ON and CO-PRODUCED the original DOAM and didn't get credited but according to you, WE ALL know the credits on DOAM are wrong and Bob got as much credit as Ozzy and Lee on every version of DOAM ever released? REALLY???... Maybe in your misguided world :?

Obviously, they didn't play on or help to produce the sub-standard shite that you mention so obviously they wouldn't have their names associated with that crap other than as songwriters... Bob Daisley has always received his songwriting royalties. As most people know by now, it's the PERFORMANCE royalties from BOO and DOAM that Bob and Lee have never received.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

Isodee wrote: "Ozzy and Randy wrote everything?"

rokket wrote:The credits you've pointed out don't really explain much though do they.............no.
The conspiracy theory of the day is a "long time story of Ozzy and Randy wrote everything" which I quoted in my first post.

The album credits tell everyone who wrote the music on BOO & DOAM. I have never bumped into a copy of DOAM that says otherwise like Osbourne-Rhoads-Sarzo-Aldridge. Have you?

Anyone who owns a copy of those albums AND knows how to read should understand from the credits who wrote the music. After saying things like "the Evil Osbournes claim that Ozzy and Randy wrote everything" I wanna see something to back up that theory because everything I ever saw and read tells a different story.

And like I said earlier it's a totally different story if Bob & Lee are or aren't paid their royalties. That has nothing to do with the fact who were/are given the credit for WRITING THE SONGS.
rokket wrote:"Bob's greediness.....".....lol.............yeah ...he's sure made a fortune from milking the Ozzy and Randy name.........NOT.
Bob tried to make a deal with the Osbournes but didn't get it inked. Why? Because he wanted more.

If he's not into money at all why not upload it on Youtube FOR FREE? To be honest it's only us who are interested in it, the rest of the world couldn't care less. Not much money to make anyway.
Sky wrote:Well I'm sure what you've written makes sense to you but I don't get your point. :?

Bob and Lee PLAYED ON and CO-PRODUCED the original DOAM and didn't get credited but according to you, WE ALL know the credits on DOAM are wrong and Bob got as much credit as Ozzy and Lee on every version of DOAM ever released? REALLY???... Maybe in your misguided world :?

Obviously, they didn't play on or help to produce the sub-standard shite that you mention so obviously they wouldn't have their names associated with that crap other than as songwriters... Bob Daisley has always received his songwriting royalties. As most people know by now, it's the PERFORMANCE royalties from BOO and DOAM that Bob and Lee have never received.
You do know how to read, do you? Maybe this post will clear things for you.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

You do know how to read, do you? Maybe this post will clear things for you.
Actually, this is your first post on this thread ....

...And it's the one that I originally commented on.

Your postings are as confused and as confusing as you are. You're now singling out songwriting credits, which have never been an issue on album sleeves, because you've made a complete prat of yourself. You do know what a prat is don't you?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

"The same goes with original DOAM vinyl on which Tommy & Rudy are mentioned as players (we all know that is not true) but Lee and Bob are credited as songwriters."

"We All" being not just the fans, but everyone involved in making it. When the boxed set/remasters came out last year, I was disappointed to see the Sarzo/ Aldridge credits remain.
It wasn't professional at all, it makes Ozzy and/or Sharon appear petty and immature...nor is this the first time, which comp had the names Bob Daisy, Trudi Sarzo and Bill Susan within the credits? Ozzman Cometh?
They could have left the Disney step pic with the wrong credits off the vinyl inner-sleeve, but chose not to. That pic is not repeated in the booklet of the stand-alone CD, but Rudy & Tommy are given performance credits again.
I suppose it can't be changed, as the Osbournes won the case.
One of the best hard rock albums of all time carries such a stigma due to spite and greed.
I don't have a problem with Bob naming a price. They were once a band of friends. Two of them were asked to participate in recording a new album, assist in writing songs and lay down tracks for their respective instruments, which they completed with outstanding results, but were only paid for the writing portion.
Folks state ignorance in not signing papers, etc., but I'll say again: They were once a band of friends.
Bob can no longer attempt to recoup royalties for his performance on Diary, therefore, the Grail tapes would be the only other way for him to make some money. What's wrong with that?
Folks see him as a jerk for not giving them away for free, but he'd also be considered a jerk if he did, so it's lose-lose, really.
The Osbournes have made and spent a great deal of cash that really belongs to other folks. Maybe that's good business, but it's also poor morals.
Management ruined a once great band. Sure, an international superstar was made out of the frontman, but that group of four men had outstanding chemistry that no other group of hired hands Ozzy has had since could touch...studio or live.
~T.
Last edited by whoopiecat on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

Sky wrote: Actually, this is your first post on this thread ....

Your postings are as confused and as confusing as you are. You're now singling out songwriting credits, which have never been an issue on album sleeves, because you've made a complete prat of yourself. You do know what a prat is don't you?
Are you fookin serious? What is there NOT to understand???

THIS was my first post:
Isodee wrote:

I bolded the sentence I was referring to, just for you Sky. I asked Rokket about the theory of WRITING everything - I never referred to any album production or performance royalties you commented about. Finally get it???
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Maybe Sharon would rather they stayed buried? If we were to hear the tapes as they are, maybe we would hear just how much Ozzy was involved in the writing process.
Maybe not so much "Ozzy and Randy wrote everything!", but more "Wow, Ozzy wasn't around much, eh?"
The one thing I keep in mind is that Bob wants the public to hear these tapes. He made the effort and attempted to contribute something truly worthwhile to a project commemorating something he helped create.
Sharon chose not parting with money over being responsible and properly tending to her client's (Ozzy's) legacy.
That is mixing personal feelings over good business decisions and ultimately, wiping your shit on the fans you're supposed to care about.
Everyone could have won here, but Sharon made the choice to keep the win for herself.
Goody for her, I guess... :?
~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Maybe Sony isn't interested in releasing demo tapes.
They do have a say in all this too.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Isodee wrote:
Sky wrote: Actually, this is your first post on this thread ....

Are you fookin serious? What is there NOT to understand???

THIS was my first post:
Isodee wrote:

I bolded the sentence I was referring to, just for you Sky. I asked Rokket about the theory of WRITING everything - I never referred to any album production or performance royalties you commented about. Finally get it???
Isodee, I will probably always find your postings messy, confused/confusing and full of suppositions that inevitably end up having a dig at Bob, but you're good for my Buddhahood.
Perhaps the 'Ozzy and Randy wrote everything' line has little to do with credits on album sleeves and more to do with Ozzy's countless interviews over the years where he's omitted Bob's contribution to the writing of music and lyrics on BOO and DOAM.
Some people would like to hear Bob's tapes to find out exactly who contributed what, I personally would like to hear the four of them joking around when they weren't recording various stages of the songs, it would be nice to hear Randy laugh. Obviously the Osbournes don't want that to happen but I'm sure that Bob will find a way. Everything comes to light eventually.