Interview with Bob Daisley on unreleased Randy rehearsals!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Guitarshitnstuff

Re: Interview with Bob Daisley on unreleased Randy rehearsal

Post by Guitarshitnstuff »

So it sounds like around the time Sharron got involved thats when things got screwed up.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

shred1 wrote:rokket, I have my own point of view, thank you very much.

You keep trying to ram home the point that Bob and Lee made big contributions to those albums. I agree! And have since my first post here.
I did find it curious however, that RR doesn't mention Bob or Lee in the recently posted John Stix interview. And yes, he may have been instructed to do so.

What happened THEN and what I believe is happening NOW are two different things.

Back then, they were simply making music, a brilliant guitarist hadn't met an untimely death, and NO ONE knew if those albums were gonna be a success.

And not to belittle any of the musicians contributions to those albums, but there is a decapitated dove out there somewhere that deserves a wall full of platinum discs too.

Shred1 Do you think Bob Daisley would waste time talking to a turd that shouldve been flushed a long time ago?

You live in a fantasy world.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

shred1 wrote:
Everything comes to light eventually.
Ya right.

Bob can't seem to cut a deal with Osbournes in any way, shape or form.
He had a fallout with the documentary producer, and can't seem to get his much promised book out, all the while being VERY public about his plight.

Of course, its all Sharon's fault.

You look a twat now.....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Naturally, Sharon would want to gain control of the grail tapes, as they once and for all would show exactly who was getting what done while the tape was rolling.
She'd have that all cut and spliced proper as further "proof" that the two cornerstones of Ozzy's post-Sabbath career were created solely by Batman and the Boy Wonder.
Bob is just as responsible for the Ozzy "sound" as Randy was, as far as I'm concerned.
I find it interesting that Sharon is considered as a shrewd and successful manager, yet she really has only one claim to fame, when you get right down to it, eh?
The 30 Yrs. farce is an astounding piece of revisionist history and a missed opportunity rolled into one.
Convenient for them that the rest of the interviewees were peers or employees who were not present during the recording, nor touring of either album, save for Lemmy, I believe.
At least three of them were still in high school in 1979-81.
I dig on Randy's guitar work and that is pointing out the obvious, (obviously), but I don't belong to the winged-angel-in-happy-clouds set. I like the music he made and I'm interested in the history of it's making. I really don't have use for much of the particulars, like his gear or haircut. I just wait for live audio, naturally from the Blizzard of Ozz Band proper.
If a full show from this band were given a worthy release, it would crush any live release of Ozzy's thus far, as you have the folks who wrote the music playing it live, instead of hired hands who are told what to play.
I wonder if the grail material could be edited in a way that it were instrumental-only. Ozzy wrote none of the music.
I'd love to hear this stuff, but asshole would roadblock it with red tape as much as she could.
She's fucked...like Schleprock from the Flintstones. Everything she touches turns to shit. Fuckin' asshole.

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

whoopiecat wrote:Naturally, Sharon would want to gain control of the grail tapes, as they once and for all would show exactly who was getting what done while the tape was rolling.
She'd have that all cut and spliced proper as further "proof" that the two cornerstones of Ozzy's post-Sabbath career were created solely by Batman and the Boy Wonder.
Bob is just as responsible for the Ozzy "sound" as Randy was, as far as I'm concerned.
I find it interesting that Sharon is considered as a shrewd and successful manager, yet she really has only one claim to fame, when you get right down to it, eh?
The 30 Yrs. farce is an astounding piece of revisionist history and a missed opportunity rolled into one.
Convenient for them that the rest of the interviewees were peers or employees who were not present during the recording, nor touring of either album, save for Lemmy, I believe.
At least three of them were still in high school in 1979-81.
I dig on Randy's guitar work and that is pointing out the obvious, (obviously), but I don't belong to the winged-angel-in-happy-clouds set. I like the music he made and I'm interested in the history of it's making. I really don't have use for much of the particulars, like his gear or haircut. I just wait for live audio, naturally from the Blizzard of Ozz Band proper.
If a full show from this band were given a worthy release, it would crush any live release of Ozzy's thus far, as you have the folks who wrote the music playing it live, instead of hired hands who are told what to play.
I wonder if the grail material could be edited in a way that it were instrumental-only. Ozzy wrote none of the music.
I'd love to hear this stuff, but asshole would roadblock it with red tape as much as she could.
She's fucked...like Schleprock from the Flintstones. Everything she touches turns to shit. Fuckin' asshole.

~T.

Well said ....she really is a dangerously disturbed person, but her father was similar in a lot of ways so they say, but she has an extra dimension thats probably even more sinister than that....

shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

You look a twat now.....
I do?

First congrats to Bob for getting his book out. From all accounts so far, it seems like he put a ton of effort into it.
His story is finally OUT.

However, some things I said have proven true. I claimed a year or so ago that no publisher would be interested. They were not.
I said that Bob's book would cause a big ripple in a small pond. Judging by the chatter here, it is not the earth-shattering tomb it was hyped to be.

Social media is NOT abuzz with revelations from this book. There was lots of pre-release chatter about this book blowing things wide open with regards to the Osbournes. This has not happened. In fact, I have not heard one bombshell being discussed here, or anywhere, online.

So call me a twat if you must, but I hardly feel like one since For Facts Sakes release.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

shred1 wrote:
You look a twat now.....
I do?
Kinda, yeah. How many books light up social media? If you're not one of the idiots on this board or Mike Trunk, do you really care what Bob wrote about Randy?

I'd love to read the book, but I love biographies... Bob wrote a book about his life, it wasn't intended to topple Sharon Osbourne.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

The book is out Paul.
Enjoy it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

shred1 wrote:The book is out Paul.
Enjoy it.
Waitin' on Santa... :D
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

shred1 wrote:
You look a twat now.....
I do?

First congrats to Bob for getting his book out. From all accounts so far, it seems like he put a ton of effort into it.

However, some things I said have proven true. I claimed a year or so ago that no publisher would be interested. They were not.
I said that Bob's book would cause a big ripple in a small pond. Judging by the chatter here, it is not the earth-shattering tomb it was hyped to be.

Social media is NOT abuzz with revelations from this book. There was lots of pre-release chatter about this book blowing things wide open with regards to the Osbournes. This has not happened. In fact, I have not heard one bombshell being discussed here, or anywhere, online.

Thats because the people that know are NOT going to discuss it openly i can tell you that it has , just because YOU havent heard it through the mainstream media does not mean it hasnt .

So once again you have proven yourself to be a twat.

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
shred1 wrote:
You look a twat now.....
I do?
Kinda, yeah. How many books light up social media? If you're not one of the idiots on this board or Mike Trunk, do you really care what Bob wrote about Randy?

I'd love to read the book, but I love biographies... Bob wrote a book about his life, it wasn't intended to topple Sharon Osbourne.

Thats right......

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

After reading Bob's book, and being introduced to the people in his life / career. What surprised me was how open the friendship was between Ozzy / $haron and Bob and his wife Vicki. Not just with them, they are seen in photos with Bob's kids playing with Ozzy's kids sitting at the dinning table having meals together etc. So it was a working relationship that blossomed into a good friendship. Then because of the dirty dealings in the recording industry via the O$bournes. The friendship broke up, a lot of this was down to $haron and i honestly don't think Ozzy wanted to become enemies as such. Bob did his utmost to help Ozzy when ever he could with his future albums after the first 2 blizzard classics. I seen Bob as a working musician and when he was out of work he'd get phone calls from both $haron and Ozzy and he kept going back to him, when he was available. Sometimes in life it's good practice not to bite off the hand that feeds you. But when it turns ugly it's time to move on. In the closing chapter of the book Bob sends Ozzy a personal message, which to me showed the good friendship they once had.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

shred1 wrote:rokket, I have my own point of view, thank you very much.

You keep trying to ram home the point that Bob and Lee made big contributions to those albums. I agree! And have since my first post here.
I did find it curious however, that RR doesn't mention Bob or Lee in the recently posted John Stix interview. And yes, he may have been instructed to do so.

What happened THEN and what I believe is happening NOW are two different things.

Back then, they were simply making music, a brilliant guitarist hadn't met an untimely death, and NO ONE knew if those albums were gonna be a success.

And not to belittle any of the musicians contributions to those albums, but there is a decapitated dove out there somewhere that deserves a wall full of platinum discs too.

Wow man, with how many musicians the Osbournes did screw up even after Bob wasnt there, show you how they truly are and you still not beleiving Bob??

What was the problem first with Lee?? nothing.. Sharon just wanted Tommy on board just to fire him after....
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

shred1 wrote:
You look a twat now.....
I do?

So call me a twat if you must, but I hardly feel like one since For Facts Sakes release.

Its because we already knew the story and now, we just learn some new details but we already knew what happened and that sharon is a cunt
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Its because we already knew the story and now, we just learn some new details but we already knew what happened...
Exactly.
This my last comment on this.

Anyone here who will not admit that Bob's book was hyped as 'the truth finally being told' for the last couple of seasons is in complete denial.

It's title is For Fact's Sake, referring to...... what?

Google Bob Daisley. See what news articles come up.

I'm done on this one. Actually that happened a long time ago.
Enjoy the book, I bet it is a good read.