TripleTracking

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

TripleTracking

Post by Paul Wolfe »

There have been a number of discussions regarding how Randy's playing with Ozzy was light years ahead of his Quiet Riot playing. Some say it had to do with being around Bob and Lee and the help they gave with the arrangements. I personally agree with that assessment, but recently I have wondered how much Ozzy might have influenced some of it.

I have a Black Sabbath guitar instruction video by Troy Stetina, and during N.I.B. he points out that Tony Iommi would sometimes record two or three different solos to a song based around the same ideas and then include all three in the final mix. A different take than Randy's triple-tracking the same part, but similar in some respects as well.

I'm wondering if at some point Ozzy may have discussed the way Tony did things in the early days and if that may have influenced Randy's playing at all.

Just a thought...
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

I wondered the same kind of thing the other day as well. Did Randy ever triple track before joining Ozzy?
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

He double tracked at leat before Ozzy. It's Not So Funny was the first one he did double tracked.