Cool Member

cool photos of the box set on guitarworld website

Post by jasonmusicman »

Hi all heres some pics:

Jas.
windingrhoads

Re: cool photos of the box set on guitarworld website

Post by windingrhoads »

Wow, they reproduced the LP sleeves! I got shivers just looking at the sleeve for DOAM, I had that on LP when I was a kid and it was just like that. Nothing really prevents those CD's from coming lose during shipping eh?
scooterh67

Post by scooterh67 »

Thanks for sharing the pics!! I pick up my box set tomorrow and I can't wait!!!!

Scott
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

Yeh this why they dident release the cd covers they just put them with the vynl.
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

windingrhoads wrote:Wow, they reproduced the LP sleeves! I got shivers just looking at the sleeve for DOAM, I had that on LP when I was a kid and it was just like that. Nothing really prevents those CD's from coming lose during shipping eh?
Yeah, that was a really nice touch and it was pretty freaky to hold the vinyl album it that sleeve identical to the original! Even though I don't have any practical use for the vinyl albums, it's actually nice having them around for nostalgia purposes.

The way the sleeve is designed, the CD is fairly well secured around it's edge, and I'd be shocked if one ever actually slipped out during shipping. I thought the whole CDs inside the albums idea was pretty cool actually.
Ric

windingrhoads

Post by windingrhoads »

Whipper wrote:
windingrhoads wrote:Wow, they reproduced the LP sleeves! I got shivers just looking at the sleeve for DOAM, I had that on LP when I was a kid and it was just like that. Nothing really prevents those CD's from coming lose during shipping eh?
Yeah, that was a really nice touch and it was pretty freaky to hold the vinyl album it that sleeve identical to the original! Even though I don't have any practical use for the vinyl albums, it's actually nice having them around for nostalgia purposes.

The way the sleeve is designed, the CD is fairly well secured around it's edge, and I'd be shocked if one ever actually slipped out during shipping. I thought the whole CDs inside the albums idea was pretty cool actually.
I totally agree with you. After seeing these pics I'm much more confident in the design of this set. I'm with you, I don't have a record player but I'm excited nonetheless to simply own these original LP's again. It takes me back to when I was a kid and had them, I'd spin the record and stare at the covers for hours.

I hope that my set arrives this week and I plan to hit the stores tomorrow on my lunch to pick up the new GW magazine with Randy on the cover.

Now, if only someone can confirm that the CD's sound better than the 95 reissues. I've heard some people say that they are hearing things for the 1st time after listening to these remasters. Is it true that they used the original british masters tapes from the original sessions?
demon
Cool Member

Post by demon »

fucking awesome
"We have some pretty happy guys here tonight who like to have fun F-U-N!" Ozzy at Salt Lake City
windingrhoads

Post by windingrhoads »

I just noticed that they did not use the same picture on the back of the LP, that they used for the single CD version? On the back of the LP, they used a posed group photograph, but on the back of the 2cd version of BOO, they used the famous live shot of the band with Bob and Lee (ozzy arms in the air). I wonder why they didn't streamline the release and make the photos the same?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The original first UK 1980 release was the issue with the posed band shot Ozzy with the red shirt and Randy has a cream jacket on. Surprisingly Bob & Lee are featured on these and those names are spelt correct under each band member. The live pic was used in the later US & Canada release in 81 then the same pic was used in the CD release. The later basterdised versions showed the same live pic on the back of the jewel case but this time Bob and Randy had been photoshopped out of the pic. With all the bullshit that is flying about between Bob & Lee V's the O$bournes i'm surprised that they used the original cover with the posed original line up. They could of easily used the photoshopped pic just to piss Bob off. They have probably been to this forum and seen what people have to say so they used the pic for all us fans of the original band.
windingrhoads

Post by windingrhoads »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:The original first UK 1980 release was the issue with the posed band shot Ozzy with the red shirt and Randy has a cream jacket on. Surprisingly Bob & Lee are featured on these and those names are spelt correct under each band member. The live pic was used in the later US & Canada release in 81 then the same pic was used in the CD release. The later basterdised versions showed the same live pic on the back of the jewel case but this time Bob and Randy had been photoshopped out of the pic. With all the bullshit that is flying about between Bob & Lee V's the O$bournes i'm surprised that they used the original cover with the posed original line up. They could of easily used the photoshopped pic just to piss Bob off. They have probably been to this forum and seen what people have to say so they used the pic for all us fans of the original band.
wow, thanks for the info, I did not know that. Would you happen to know anything regarding statements made to the affect that the original master tapes were not used for the 1995 remaster series, but that this 2011 release did go back and use the original tapes and not a saved digital source? Some people claim to hear differences in some of the tunes and state the versions released in the US/Canada were not true to the original release in the UK. Is this true?