Am I the Only One...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

AndrewT1976
Madman

Am I the Only One...

Post by AndrewT1976 »

who is getting more bummed out everyday as we draw closer to the release of the box set??

No Tommy, Don, ect...during the interviews.

No representation from the Rhoads family.

Palladium footage of Ozzy (with Randy's face in the background)

A Montreal show that isn't really rare at all

A 2010 re-mix of GTR that is basically "dropped faders" of Lee and Bob's performances

No sleeves for the cd's

Diary footage that isn't really being talked about
AndrewT1976
Madman

Re: Am I the Only One...

Post by AndrewT1976 »

I realize something is better than nothing, but still...they could have done a little more here for $150.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's an Ozzy box set remember its up to the O's to include Randy. They mention him enough to know who the guy is and how much of a part he played in the Ozzy band. It's not like he has been totaly snubbed liked Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake. Those guys must be well pissed off. All they can do is be pleased that the originals are going to be available again.
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

True. At least they are giving some props to Randy. It's weird, but at this point, I think the general consensus when most people talk about BOO or DOAMM, they reference Rhoads before Ozzy.

It would have been great to see Bob and Lee have something to do with the box set.

We just have to keep in mind, this box set is being put out by Ozzy and his team.
jckmdcn

Post by jckmdcn »

I can see your disappointment, I feel the same way, no long versions of YCKRNR and Tonight, However, I think you have to keep in mind the MAGNITUDE of newly released footage of RANDY RHOADS!! I've dreamed of this moment coming up, the BOO/DOAM albums aren't that amazing, except for the few extras on the BOO. From what I am hearing about the live show, it's new and amazing. Apparently a pieced together concert with a new spotlight solo and that in itself is awesome. So, be joyful that we're finally getting some things we thought we'd NEVER EVER see.

I think there is still hope for the long versions of YCKRNR and Tonight and maybe some DOAM footage. What no one has seen yet is the 70 minute extra DVD, it may all be on there.

Plus, don't forget the master tracks coming out for Rock Band 3, there might be something special in there.

On a very personal note, my idea of heaven (I'm not kidding about this) has always been, dying and then going straight to the front row of a Randy Concert with Ozzy and just seeing him, even if its for 30 minutes and then low and behold, 30 minutes on Rudy's side, that's close right? I can die now (after May 31st of course)

this is a great start for all of us Randy fans. Watch the thing on youtube where he says "happy birthday" it'll make you feel better.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Fuckin' A...A lot of us are speculating in the dark, here. Like the guys said, it is an Ozzy product, but how many times have we seen Randy's face or heard his name mentioned in all of these previews? Lots.
Yeah, it's a shame that it's not gonna be as balls-out as we'd all like, but it's a shitload better than a stick in the eye!
Maybe I'm one who is being pessimistic in my posts, but it's better to expect less and wind up getting something that's much better than I expected, as opposed to the other way around.
I personally cannot wait to get the shrink-wrap off of this beast in about 12 days! :twisted:

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
The One
Cool Member

Post by The One »

I think they're holding back a few things to milk from the fans down the road. I think we all know $haron's modus operandi
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/4Stacks.jpg[/img]
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

I LOVE SHARON GOD SHES SO HOT!!!!!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Hey! Are we gonna have to hose you down, Tito!!? That'll be enough outta you, milf-man...and stay away from the windows!
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Tito wrote:I LOVE SHARON GOD SHES SO HOT!!!!!
lol... here we go. you guys crack me up.

The set could have been better... But all in all im very excited. the 30 min of new york is a dream come true.

Whoppiecat.. i have been meaning to tell you something. i don't know you.... and i OFTEN disagree with you (You're PRO Bob Daisley) but i always enjoy reading your post.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

whats the point of this thread :roll: ........the are already heaps of threads about the boxset and in all of them you (and everyone else who is going to) have bitched about it, so why start another one :?: .....Just DON"T BUY THE BLOODY THING if it pisses you off so much
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

Actually- Whoopiecat in the King Biscuit thread has the scoop on this; go see his latest post there.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

No doubt it could be better but I will enjoy it and take what I can.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

I'm a bit disappointed as well with a couple things.
1. The sub-par looking video footage (people were led to believe initially it was much better than it really is...)
2. The outrageously expensive packaging if you want the DVD.....strong-arming people to buy the "un-needed" trinkets

That said...the footage is better than nothing. The real jewels here are, surprisingly, NOT the footage....but the remasters and the live disc. The remasters are said to sound incredible, on par with today's releases and the live disc is looking much, much better than Tribute.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Axe,
Glad you dig reading my posts. I enjoy coming here and I've made friends with cats from all over. We may not always agree on stuff, as we all didn't come out of the same box, but, we're all able to have a discussion just the same. 8)
We can all agree on one thing, though...Randy Rhoads is responsible for some pretty sweet guitar playing! :mrgreen:
That, and Tito wants to bang Sharon! :lol:
~T.