Dean V

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

AeolianMad

Dean V

Post by AeolianMad »

Does anybody know the model and such of the Dean V we have seen him playing...Yes, I know it wasn't actually his...but i was just wondering
12.6.56-3.19.82
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Re: Dean V

Post by dannyahansen »

My knowledge of vintage Dean guitar is not as good as my knowledge of other vintage gear. But as I recall Dean really only had a few models and a few options. It appears that the Dean Randy used was just a standard Dean V in black with dot inlays. Most likely had 2 Dimarzio Super Distoritions. I know that Dean had done some reissues they called "The lost 100". They look really good and have Nitro finishes. I am willing to bet that if you bought one of those you would have something very similar to the one Randy used. FYI I really really like USA made Deans. They are top notch guitars.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

dannyahansen wrote: It appears that the Dean Randy used was just a standard Dean V in black with dot inlays. .
this guitar is more like a natural finish or rosewood in colour ?
Attachments
RR Dean V.jpg
AeolianMad

Post by AeolianMad »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
dannyahansen wrote: It appears that the Dean Randy used was just a standard Dean V in black with dot inlays. .

Yeah that is the one I am talking about...I really like the Les Paul style pickguard on it...
12.6.56-3.19.82
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
You are correct. You know, I have only seen black and white picutres. Lol. How sad is that of me? Any well it does appear that the les paul pick gaurd was an after market part. I have not seen to many dean V's with a pick gaurd. Cool idea if you ask me. And I am not 100% sure if that pickgaurd is after market. Currently Dean does not offer pick gaurds on their guitars, er uh, V's.