Audio samples of remastered BOO at Amazon.uk

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

metalrockx

Audio samples of remastered BOO at Amazon.uk

Post by metalrockx »

The strange thing about BOO is that you still can't preorder it at Amazon.uk or Amazon.de. You can find it listed there, but they don't know the price or when it will be available, even though it says release date 30 may 2011. :?:
At Amazon.fr you can order it.

You can listen 30 seconds of every song.
The last song sounds like a different version of the guitarsolo on Tribute.

No problems to preorder the legacy edition of DOA anywhere at Amazon, but no audiosamples so far... :roll:

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blizzard-Ozz-Ex ... 4NRH4HT9YS
Axian
Cool Member

Re: Audio samples of remastered BOO at Amazon.uk

Post by Axian »

Im not spoiling it, Im waiting for my boxset :), thanks for the link.
crumblycake

Post by crumblycake »

The outtake is from the "Laughing Gas" Spot Light solo. :D
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I love it! I hope theres more!
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

**SPOILER**
The YLMLY clip
clearly has c-b*ll
Thought it wasn't suppose to be that one.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Nice!
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

axeman_12656 wrote:**SPOILER**
The YLMLY clip
clearly has c-b*ll
Thought it wasn't suppose to be that one.
I'm so disappointed that the version of YLAMLAY is the Japan remix with the cowbell. :( :evil:

The guitars are mixed so much better on the 7" version.

Seems inappropriate as that is not the version that was released when Randy was alive.
randyrulz

Post by randyrulz »

So the person that has an "advanced" copy of this box-set said "there's NO cow-bell at the beginning" has a different version?
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

randyrulz wrote:So the person that has an "advanced" copy of this box-set said "there's NO cow-bell at the beginning" has a different version?
That person listened over the phone to the advance copy, not in person. He didn't hear the cowbell in the chorus (and said there was no count-off in the beginning), but if you play the cowbell version over the phone, the cowbell does not come through, at least on my cell phone. It's just not clear enough over the phone to hear those details. Maybe on a clear landline with a good handset mike it would.

Sony should not list it as a "non-LP b-side". It's not the b-side version. Any time a different mix is used, it should be listed as such. They should list it as a remix on the track listing so people know they are not getting the rarer (and better) original mix.
randyrulz

Post by randyrulz »

^ Thanks for the reply! So this is the '02 Remixed version? not with Bob and Lee?
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

randyrulz wrote:^ Thanks for the reply! So this is the '02 Remixed version? not with Bob and Lee?
Not the '02. Most likely the '84 mix from Japan. However, I actually got someone on the phone at Sony Music. He said "I was there when they pulled the tape with that song. It had Ridge Farm on the box and it was the original multi-track master. It was the version that was originally going to be on the album." I asked him why the 7" mix was different cause I thought THAT was the version that was going to be on the album. He just told me they didn't pull any tapes from the singles.

So when the CD comes out, if the guitars are mixed like the 7" version, then we will have a 4th version of that song (one mixed like the 7" but with a cowbell).

Kicked myself so hard when I realized I didn't ask him about YSIA, extended mixes, etc! :evil:
AeolianMad

Post by AeolianMad »

crumblycake wrote:The outtake is from the "Laughing Gas" Spot Light solo. :D

I couldn't keep myself from having a Huge grin while listen to this. It was awesome hearing it So clearly...Randy's "Laughing gas" solo is definitely one of my favorite solo's of his.
12.6.56-3.19.82
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

SanDimasCharvel wrote:
randyrulz wrote:^ Thanks for the reply! So this is the '02 Remixed version? not with Bob and Lee?
Not the '02. Most likely the '84 mix from Japan. However, I actually got someone on the phone at Sony Music. He said "I was there when they pulled the tape with that song. It had Ridge Farm on the box and it was the original multi-track master. It was the version that was originally going to be on the album." I asked him why the 7" mix was different cause I thought THAT was the version that was going to be on the album. He just told me they didn't pull any tapes from the singles.

So when the CD comes out, if the guitars are mixed like the 7" version, then we will have a 4th version of that song (one mixed like the 7" but with a cowbell).

Kicked myself so hard when I realized I didn't ask him about YSIA, extended mixes, etc! :evil:

Good Job.... You should call back.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

axeman_12656 wrote:
SanDimasCharvel wrote:

Good Job.... You should call back.
Thanks. I called back, got voice mail. Left a message and sent an email. Will hopefully get back to me.
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Diary samples now up in UK (single disc):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diary-Madman-Oz ... s_ep_dpi_2

Strange, the 1 cd version was pulled from Amazon US due to availablility according to my order status, but it's on UK. But the BOO says unavailable in UK.