The reason why there isn't more material in the new box

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

shred1
Madman

Re: The reason why there isn't more material in the new box

Post by shred1 »

Bob wants to release the BOO and Diary tapes, Sharon said "NO".. So some how thats Bob's fault?

You've skipped the part about Bob asking for a kings ransom to release the stuff. Bob said NO too.
There is no extra work or labor involved on either side. Put it out. The effort involved, from both parties is zero.

He won his case in 1986. And didn't get paid. WTF? I will say it again. He should sue his lawyer, as he obviously didn't follow up on the judges decision until it was too late.
When you win a case like this, the judge doesn't write you a cheque. There is still work to do. It obviously wasn't done.

“If you wanna beat the champ, you gotta be prepared to go 15 rounds”........Don Arden, Sharon's errrr, trainer.

So, yeah, Bob can certainly take some of the blame. Someone here said he was smart to get those lump sum payouts for BATM and US.
Cutting a side deal with people you are suing is a MISTAKE. His. Not only that, he went back AGAIN.

I have already said I am confident the Rhoads contracts would make us wince.

I have also said, I can understand Randy signing on, he was young, and he was green. Bob KNEW Don Arden, very well. 30 years later, here we are.

I am not Bob's lawyer.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

shred1 wrote:Bob wants to release the BOO and Diary tapes, Sharon said "NO".. So some how thats Bob's fault?

You've skipped the part about Bob asking for a kings ransom to release the stuff. Bob said NO too.
There is no extra work or labor involved on either side. Put it out. The effort involved, from both parties is zero.

He won his case in 1986. And didn't get paid. WTF? I will say it again. He should sue his lawyer, as he obviously didn't follow up on the judges decision until it was too late.
When you win a case like this, the judge doesn't write you a cheque. There is still work to do. It obviously wasn't done.
First of all, he didn't ask for a king's ransom. He was offered money for it, said no to the payout. He wanted a royalty for it and wanted to have final say (Or a lot of say) in how the final product turned out. Is that so much to ask for? I doubt he asked for too much of a royalty for the stuff. He also wanted a say because we know how the Osbournes like to change history, and Bob didn't want to be written out. Seems fair to me.

And it was a slightly different matter after that case. Don had given the music over to Sharon. Don had nothing to do with the royalties after that case. Bob didn't know Ozzy and Sharon owned the music at that point.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

We don't know what he asked for. Too much to cut a deal obviously.

Why didn't he get paid if he won his lawsuit? Sharon is not above the law, she just knows how to manipulate it better. She is willing to fight dirty. Bob is not.

My theory is Bob was asked back to both 'run down the clock' until his statute of limitations expired on his lawsuit for the previous releases, in addition to his help creating the music for Bark. Double burn.

Don is out of the picture by 1983. Bark is a late 83 release. Ultimate Sin is an early 1986 release. So Sharon and Ozzy are already in control of the catalog for almost 3 years at this point. That was a three year window to get the legal ducks in a row. Bob just kept going back for abuse. Foolish. Well intended, but foolish.

He also bailed on Lee and Heep, who were actually getting some momentum going again with Abominog in 1982, to do this. Sigh.

Its the Ardens folks, and they fight to the finish. Did Bob get fleeced. Yes. Will this ever turn into a victory for him. No.
Did he know who he was dealing with. Yes. Well in advance.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

shred1 wrote:We don't know what he asked for. Too much to cut a deal obviously.

Why didn't he get paid if he won his lawsuit? Sharon is not above the law, she just knows how to manipulate it better. She is willing to fight dirty. Bob is not.

My theory is Bob was asked back to both 'run down the clock' until his statute of limitations expired on his lawsuit for the previous releases, in addition to his help creating the music for Bark. Double burn.

Don is out of the picture by 1983. Bark is a late 83 release. Ultimate Sin is an early 1986 release. So Sharon and Ozzy are already in control of the catalog for almost 3 years at this point. That was a three year window to get the legal ducks in a row. Bob just kept going back for abuse. Foolish. Well intended, but foolish.

He also bailed on Lee and Heep, who were actually getting some momentum going again with Abominog in 1982, to do this. Sigh.

Its the Ardens folks, and they fight to the finish. Did Bob get fleeced. Yes. Will this ever turn into a victory for him. No.
Did he know who he was dealing with. Yes. Well in advance.

Bob went back to do BATM because he was promised that his writing credits would be re-instated concerning the last two albums, and the Osbournes started helping him with the legal aspects of royalties owed from Jet Records.

Seems like a fair deal to me, except, the Osbournes didn't stick to their agreement.....yet again. After the tour Bob was "let go"...Ozzy had his next million seller, Bob was no longer required.....but what about the deal they had...??

"What deal?......" I hear Sharon saying.

Call Bob foolish, too trusting, or a bad business man, fair enough, I'll buy that.

I call the Osbournes liars, untrustworthy, and dishonest.........

You tell me, which is worse?
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

Never trust an Osbourne.

Ever.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Being nasty and dishonest. But life isn't fair all the time.
And I'm not personal friends with any of them.
That is why I only care so much about any of their financial or legal situations.

I wanna see and hear more Rhoads.

Consider this:
- Bob defends Lee to the point of both of them getting fired from the Blizzard.
- Lee offers Bob refuge in Uriah Heep.
- Bob bails on Uriah Heep to return to the band that fired them both.

Gotta wonder how Lee felt about that?
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Well, I'm keen to read Bob's book "For Facts Sake" when it's released, and for all the other great stories from other great bands he has been in.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

1. What was the offer to Bob? 2. What was Bob's counteroffer? We will probably never hear that like the grail tapes (unless he bootlegs it, to a RR fan in Japan!).

-That's shit and that's shinola, the lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey! And see a doctor and get rid of it!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Again, Lee doesn't seem very upset over Bob "bailing" on him:

So Bob left Heep in 1983?

He was offered the chance to write with Ozzy. Words, music - write the album. Sharon thought "Hang on. Let's get some of the talent back, and get Bob." Because he was a good writer. He said to me "I don't know what to do." I said "Bob, I'll tell you what to do - Go! If you're getting that kind of money to go and do an album - you've got to, mate. You've got to." You don't often get the opportunity to write another album for $50-60,000 or whatever it is. Go for it.

http://www.bobdaisley.com/interview/fuse-lee-kerslake

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

rokket wrote:Well, I'm keen to read Bob's book "For Facts Sake" .

Not taking a side... But it is Foolish to consider ANYONES book as "FACTS SAKE" at this point. If Bob prints it.. it doesn't make it fact.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

When its in a book everyone can read it. Everyone involved with the band etc. So they can say...Hey! Bob that was well writing and factual or they can say. Bob your as bad as the Osbournes that books full of lies and bullshit. Remember Bob has people like Dave Tangye, Pete Mertons, Lee Kerslake all the early road crew members and people connected with the band. So he better remember what he's saying as fact or his name is going to be like mud. I'm gonna say that Bob's book will be a good read, but alot of what he has said in the past will be repeating itself. Plus will it be vetted before its release for slander on the O's part ?. Very much like what happened to Rudy's book. I'm sure thats whats holding the book up, as it was suppose to be out by now.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Great points, Shaun...there's several folks who could call the man on misinformation. I imagine he'd have his ducks in a row.
I would hope to think he would have written it in a way that would be hard for the Osbournes to cut up.

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
watersfootball

Post by watersfootball »

Thanks deportation blues I'm not Into all these stuff and things like that and u really helped me understand why not that much footAge has been released.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:When its in a book everyone can read it. Everyone involved with the band etc. So they can say...Hey! Bob that was well writing and factual or they can say. Bob your as bad as the Osbournes that books full of lies and bullshit. Remember Bob has people like Dave Tangye, Pete Mertons, Lee Kerslake all the early road crew members and people connected with the band. So he better remember what he's saying as fact or his name is going to be like mud. I'm gonna say that Bob's book will be a good read, but alot of what he has said in the past will be repeating itself. Plus will it be vetted before its release for slander on the O's part ?. Very much like what happened to Rudy's book. I'm sure thats whats holding the book up, as it was suppose to be out by now.
Bob's only just got back from London, where the details of publishing the book are being worked out...........nothing is holding it up, it wasn't ready for publishing until recently.

My guess is it will be out around christmas..........