Randy Rhoads Books

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads Books

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi I've read quite a few books over the years and im really looking forward to Rudy's book being released ive read the following but can anyone recommend any that i haven't got or read.
Ozzy Osbourne Diary of a Madman Mick Wall Garry Bushell
Ozzy Osbourne Garry Johnson
Ozzy Osbourne Rockdetector Garry Sharpe Young
Quiet Riot The Official Biography Steve Gett
Ozzy Knows Best Chris Nickson
Ozzy Osbourne Randy Rhoads Tribute 1987
Ozzy Osbourne Sounds Fan Library 1983?

Ive read all the Tour programmes and loads of magazines to many to mention.If you know of any good reads :shock: please let me know Cheers
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Do non of you's read ???? :shock:
I seen this book on ebay has anyone read it ??
Ozzy Osbourne Biography by Ethlie Ann Vare 1986 i think its quite rare as it got plenty bids on ebay.
I seen another book but its an unofficial book A Life Randy Rhoads its by David A Bene its a limited edition of 300 and its causing a bit of a stir in the Ozzy camp and i heard that Randy's family don't approve and are upset about it as it covers Randy's dark Side (Can you feel the force Luke) :lol: Has anyone bought this i thought it was a bit pricey at $35 including shipping.I heard it doesn't have any photos in it so its no good for the non-readers on the forum. :roll:
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

$35 is a bit steep for a book?

The David A Bene book has been discussed at some length at RR.TK, so you might head over there fo a review. I believe I remember Kevin DuBrow saying he was interviewed for that book, so it should be authentic.

Check out this discussion for info...

As for no one reading... no one seems to be posting anymore, so either they are out reading books or it's summertime and they are out enjoying the real world....
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cheers for that RockyRhoads they seem to rate it highly but i think i'll wait for the revised edition if it surfaces. $35 is beau coup money.. :(
ViperZ

Post by ViperZ »

I purchased that book-'Randy Rhoads A Life' by David A Bene- on ebay when it first came out. I always check for Randy Rhoads stuff on ebay and it was a new book so I bought it for a good price. It is a really good book that has alot of info that covers Randy's whole life. If any of you get the chance to get one I would highly recomend it.
banditbrooks

Post by banditbrooks »

I read this book and it's really neat. It talks alot about the Quiet Riot days and how much the band got messed around by their record company. Their really is anything that seems bad about Randy, just some of the funny things he did when he was younger.
***20yr Cndn Boxer ...Randy Rhoads = when I 1st heard him playing on the radio it was too amazing... (within a month I got my own 1st guitar - a Jackson!!!)
Rhoads4ever

Post by Rhoads4ever »

ViperZ wrote:I purchased that book-'Randy Rhoads A Life' by David A Bene- on ebay when it first came out. I always check for Randy Rhoads stuff on ebay and it was a new book so I bought it for a good price. It is a really good book that has alot of info that covers Randy's whole life. If any of you get the chance to get one I would highly recomend it.
Would u be willing to sell it if you still have it . Does anyone else have a copy they coud sell maybe ? PM me if you can help
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

You can still get this book on ebay its $29.00 with the shipping costs
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I love 'Diary Of A Madman' it was a great read back in 1986 although it will be a little out of date now.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
KrsitineA

Post by KrsitineA »

I bought this book from ebay. I just recieved it a couple of days ago. Haven't had a lot of time , so I have just skimmed it. It seems like a good book. I haven't read anything dark or disturbing about Randy in it. The book portrays Randy as a pretty nice guy.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

ViperZ wrote:I purchased that book-'Randy Rhoads A Life' by David A Bene- on ebay when it first came out. I always check for Randy Rhoads stuff on ebay and it was a new book so I bought it for a good price. It is a really good book that has alot of info that covers Randy's whole life. If any of you get the chance to get one I would highly recomend it.
This book shows that Randy was indeed a human and not an alien. At least there is not too much of that 'angelic' bullshit promotion there. Very good read for sure with some interesting things I'd never read before. Good book! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Rhoads4ever

Post by Rhoads4ever »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:You can still get this book on ebay its $29.00 with the shipping costs
Thanks matey gonna go have a 'nose around' then ;-)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

KrsitineA wrote:I bought this book from ebay. I just recieved it a couple of days ago. Haven't had a lot of time , so I have just skimmed it. It seems like a good book. I haven't read anything dark or disturbing about Randy in it. The book portrays Randy as a pretty nice guy.
Have you hada chance to read it fully yet? and if so was it any good.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Crazy Train Outro

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've just been reading the Ozzy Osbourne book by Garry Sharpe Young which is a brilliant read Well recommended.
Bob Daisley mentions the outro to Crazy Train...The slurred narrative entangled in the outro to 'Crazy Train' has lent itself over the years to over many eager theories as to the exact 'meaning' of what Ozzy is saying.In actual fact it isn't Ozzy at all...
"We had this young kid helping out in the studio as a bit of a roadie.Well, he was talking about how much he could drink so of course we took him down the pub.After a pretty heavy drinking session we ended up literally carrying this lad out.Well, we got back to the studio and after he came to he started telling all these silly stories in this funny voice.I remember he had a really odd laugh."The sozzled youngster's guffaws made such an impression on the assembled musicians they decided to capture it for posterity on tape-but not before subjecting the hapless individual to a practical joke of the highest order.
"We put raw eggs in his bed!" Daisley laughs."Of course when he got in they all broke.In the morning he was telling us this story and he was talking in such a strange manner,a bit like a madman actually,we got it all on tape.So, what you hear at the end of 'Crazy Train' is not Ozzy but this young kisd answering our question What was in your bed ???'An eeegggg!!!'''
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Has anyone got this book?? I've just getting it on ebay for a bargain price of £3.49 including postage and packing.I was curious to know how many RR photos are in this ..If anyone has the book could they post the Randy photos up on here Cheers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1