Record store day!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

hansolo
Mass Poster

Record store day!

Post by hansolo »

Only one per customer. I went to two stores...
Attachments
OZfha.JPG
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Re: Record store day!

Post by cableguyxx »

is the mix any different?
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

My turntable isn't hooked up. I was in it for the nostalgia of going to the store and buying a new(reissue) Ozzy w/Randy Rhoads single.

They had the album lp's too. Anyone buying the vinyl lp's? Or are we all waiting for the box, like myself. They both look like gate folds. It would be interesting to see what pics now are on the gate fold of BOO and DOAM...
RhoadsToOzz

Post by RhoadsToOzz »

100's of people in line. I decided not to wait after I was told by a store employee that they only had a few of each release - silly.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

RhoadsToOzz wrote:100's of people in line. I decided not to wait after I was told by a store employee that they only had a few of each release - silly.
I couldn't believe the crowds. This wasn't just for Ozzy. There were 3 copies at one store and one at the last store I went to. I looked on ebay and some were selling for $20! They were $10. A lot of people on ebay put that the 45 was limited to 500? Is that true?
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I keep watching ebay for flying high again singles going from 12, 14 to 19 items in the last hour. 500? Wondering if I should of gone to other stores...
evoleye

Post by evoleye »

i got the single,but opted out of the BOO and DOAM vinyls as they were going for $25 apiece. im already getting them in the boxset,so ill just wait. oh, the two albums were not gatefold sleeves,i looked at em both in my hands and they were not gatefolds. nothing significantly diff bout 'cept they said they were remixed in 2010.
Let's go crazzzyyyy!!!!!!!!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

evoleye wrote:they were not gatefolds. nothing significantly diff bout 'cept they said they were remixed in 2010.
Hmmm, my bad! :oops:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Are you sure about them not being gatefold sleeves ? They look like they are in this pic here ?. cool looking CD and better again if it's a limited edition. 8)
Attachments
Ozzy delux Blizzard & Diary release 2011.jpg
Blizzard0fOzz

Post by Blizzard0fOzz »

I picked up all Ozzy vinyls they had but I'm not opening any. I'm listening to the original DOAM I've had right now!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Blizzard0fOzz wrote:I picked up all Ozzy vinyls they had but I'm not opening any. I'm listening to the original DOAM I've had right now!
How many did ya get? They would only allow 1 flying high per customer.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

evoleye

Post by evoleye »

yeah im sure they were not gatefold sleeves,thats why i didnt buy
them. the above poster named blizzard of ozz can verify since he says he bought em. you could clearly see inside and they werent, mayb the ones in the boxset will be gatefold(for $150 they better be).
Let's go crazzzyyyy!!!!!!!!
Blizzard0fOzz

Post by Blizzard0fOzz »

I didn't know it was 1 per customer. I was trying to find another Flying High again but couldn't so I got 1. I got the BOO and DOAM 1 each also. I am not opening mine so I can't tell anyone if its the sleeve or whatever. I already framed them and put'em on my wall and they are tough sons to get out.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

There's a flyer for the box set in the 45 which isn't sealed. Not really any new info but I figured before people go framing or storing them, they should know. That is all.