Halloween '79

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Whipper
Cool Member

Halloween '79

Post by Whipper »

Just came across this great photo of Randy and Jody from Halloween 1979 that I'd never seen before. It was in Rhoads to Ozz's collection on FB. Jody dressed up as Randy, with a cardboard cutout PDV, and Randy dressed up as Kevin Dubrow with striped shirt and dark curly hair wig! A very cool insight into his personality, and the fun couple that they were. I just love this shot!!

Ric

crumblycake

Re: Halloween '79

Post by crumblycake »

Whipper wrote:Just came across this great photo of Randy and Jody from Halloween 1979 that I'd never seen before. It was in Rhoads to Ozz's collection on FB. Jody dressed up as Randy, with a cardboard cutout PDV, and Randy dressed up as Kevin Dubrow with striped shirt and dark curly hair wig! A very cool insight into his personality, and the fun couple that they were. I just love this shot!!

At first at thought he was dressed up like Paul Stanley from KISS!
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal was with the white face paint. I suppose because Kevin sort of resembled a mime with the black and white striped shirt, so Randy played upon that?
Ric

JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Thats a great photo! Thanks for posting-who would have thought any of these phots would see the light of day?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

That's pretty damn cool, thanks! :D
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

+1 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

randy was so small. I bet Jody is wearing his actual outfit
Live Life Stronger Than Death
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

a bit of irrelevant trivia...(seems to be my forte)...randy and kathy would have guitar lessons at musonia on friday nights. afterward, delores would treat them to dinner at a mexican restaurant in burbank. that would be 'granadas' mexican restaurant. it's no longer there.

frank.
scooterh67

Post by scooterh67 »

Now here is a cool picture that I have never seen! :) Thanks for sharing!!

Scott
Efrum

Post by Efrum »

frank wrote:a bit of irrelevant trivia...(seems to be my forte)...randy and kathy would have guitar lessons at musonia on friday nights. afterward, delores would treat them to dinner at a mexican restaurant in burbank. that would be 'granadas' mexican restaurant. it's no longer there.

frank.
Whoa! I lived in L.A. thru the 80's and 90's, and I've eaten there MANY times! I remember they had a HUGE margarita called the UFO or flying saucer that was big enough for 4 people. It took up the whole table!
Thanks Frank!
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Thanks for posting that. Very cool photo. It's very difficult to tell that is Randy.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

:wink: Of course Frank, since you visit Burbank so often you would know that Granada is still well and alive. Not gone at all, since my last visit was a week ago with friends. But again, I am in Burbank and the valley often, old digs as it may be. Still have the best Margaritas in the valley. I'm betting halorising has been there too. But apparently not you lately.............Old haunts bring up very good memories.............. :wink: :fish:
frank

Post by frank »

RRfish wrote::wink: Of course Frank, since you visit Burbank so often you would know that Granada is still well and alive. Not gone at all, since my last visit was a week ago with friends. But again, I am in Burbank and the valley often, old digs as it may be. Still have the best Margaritas in the valley. I'm betting halorising has been there too. But apparently not you lately.............Old haunts bring up very good memories.............. :wink: :fish:
are you sure about this? we're in burbank often enough as my mom still lives there. we were there last weekend for a belated birthday visit with delores rhoads. my wife saw a 'for lease' sign in the window and my mom just confirmed granadas has been closed for 6 months. what's your game anyway?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/alfredos-granada-burbank
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

No game, as you had put so many times before, "Randy had blue eyes, and Naturally blonde hair". Not a chance Frank, Randy had brown eyes and auburn brown hair naturally, and as well, Granada is still open for business, not open today because it is Sunday, but love the place as it brings back many fond memories, but of course you would not remember those...... What's your game Frank ? :roll: :fish:
frank

Post by frank »

i stand by my previous post. this conversation is over. freak.