Halloween '79

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

zennman
Cool Member

Re: Halloween '79

Post by zennman »

Also, I can't seem to remember. What's the timeframe here? Was Halloween '79 before or after Randy first auditioned for Ozzy? I thought he already had the gig, and did a series of farewell QR shows around Halloween '79?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I am not sure about farewell shows because he was still playing with QR in 1980 after he recorded Blizzard and before they started the 1980 Blizzard UK tour.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Silver Rhoads wrote:A friend and I were discussing if that was truly Randy. My friend said it didn't really look like him and his hand seemed a little too big to be Randy's. LOL! We were wondering if Randy was the one holding the camera and taking the photo. I guess the wig and makeup really throw things off.
Interestingly enough, someone had commented on the hands on the Facebook page that this was posted on. They do seem somewhat "off" from his. He does have a ring on his ring finger at least.

Someone by the name of Joanne Lando Wenz had posted that she took this photo, and she didn't say that it wasn't him. Does this name ring a bell for anyone here? I really wish she'd tell us more about this! Certainly one of my most favorite photos now anyway.
Ric

Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

Look how small he is though, gotta be randy.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Whipper wrote:
Silver Rhoads wrote:A friend and I were discussing if that was truly Randy. My friend said it didn't really look like him and his hand seemed a little too big to be Randy's. LOL! We were wondering if Randy was the one holding the camera and taking the photo. I guess the wig and makeup really throw things off.
Interestingly enough, someone had commented on the hands on the Facebook page that this was posted on. They do seem somewhat "off" from his. He does have a ring on his ring finger at least.

Someone by the name of Joanne Lando Wenz had posted that she took this photo, and she didn't say that it wasn't him. Does this name ring a bell for anyone here? I really wish she'd tell us more about this! Certainly one of my most favorite photos now anyway.
in my correspondence with kim, he mentioned that the photo was taken by joanne, a good friend of elissa, kelle's old girlfriend. he didn't recognize the others in the photo.

zennman....i stand corrected. my apologies. :)
mikesline
Cool Member

Post by mikesline »

Frank.
this your friend mike,just been wondering how is delores ? i can't bring myself to bother her with a visit,i been thinking bout her a lot since she stop working at musonia,hope she's well and trying to find enjoyment in her retired state.

also everything in burbank ain't there anymore,i'm glad the coronell theater
is still standing! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Great pic!
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Silver Rhoads wrote:
frank wrote:a bit of irrelevant trivia...(seems to be my forte)...randy and kathy would have guitar lessons at musonia on friday nights. afterward, delores would treat them to dinner at a mexican restaurant in burbank. that would be 'granadas' mexican restaurant. it's no longer there. frank.
Hey Frank, while my wife and I were talking to Kelle at Musonia, I asked him about that Mexican restaurant they used to go to every Friday night. I asked him where it was because we were craving that for dinner. Kelle said, "The place is no longer there, but there's another great place you can go to." He then explained that it was near Kathy and her husband's tasting room. After we visited the tasting room, we went to the restaurant. It turned out to be Alfredo's Granada on Victory Blvd. Now, I don't know if Kelle had been pulling my leg or if he honestly forgot. Randy was known to be a practical joker. Not sure about Kelle. This was in June of 2010. We ate there and the food was very good. I still have the receipt. I just read that it closed in October of 2010. So, is this the actual place that Randy used to frequent every Friday night or is there a mix up?
*seven months later*.....i finally caught up with kathy. i stand corrected, the place delores took the kids to was kiko's mexican resaturant, also on victory blvd. in burbank. it is no longer there. in it's place is barragans restaurant. more useless information..granadas (which is STILL closed, lol) used to be sargents restaurant back then. sorry for the mix-up.

frank.