Halloween '79

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

dmnjr
Cool Member

Re: Halloween '79

Post by dmnjr »

poseur's prefer handbags
I'm copywriting that and using for my band's new name.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hey Franks no primadonna he's got the handbag, the looks, those nails cost him a fortune... When he gets those skin tight pantyhose on he looks a £1000 dollars 8) If you want a bitch fight ? you came to the wrong forum Honey!!!.... :wink: :lol:
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

uh.....thanks?
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

frank wrote:a bit of irrelevant trivia...(seems to be my forte)...randy and kathy would have guitar lessons at musonia on friday nights. afterward, delores would treat them to dinner at a mexican restaurant in burbank. that would be 'granadas' mexican restaurant. it's no longer there. frank.
Hey Frank, while my wife and I were talking to Kelle at Musonia, I asked him about that Mexican restaurant they used to go to every Friday night. I asked him where it was because we were craving that for dinner. Kelle said, "The place is no longer there, but there's another great place you can go to." He then explained that it was near Kathy and her husband's tasting room. After we visited the tasting room, we went to the restaurant. It turned out to be Alfredo's Granada on Victory Blvd. Now, I don't know if Kelle had been pulling my leg or if he honestly forgot. Randy was known to be a practical joker. Not sure about Kelle. This was in June of 2010. We ate there and the food was very good. I still have the receipt. I just read that it closed in October of 2010. So, is this the actual place that Randy used to frequent every Friday night or is there a mix up?
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Damn! On the first look, I thought that picture was a fake! Halloween indeed! :wink:
Mikel
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Sorry, I wanted to bump this up in case Frank didn't see my post above.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

RR Fish and Frank are both welcome at UR of course! - RR fish has been no trouble here and has always been civil and supportive of the site. (Personally I don't give a hoot about what the real colour of Randy's hair was etc anyway LOL - so what if he was ginger with freckles) and Frank, after such a long absence, a very warm welcome back!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Efrum

Post by Efrum »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote: and Frank, after such a long absence, a very warm welcome back!
Matt
Aye Aye, Captain Matt! If there is an "inner circle", Frank would be located somewhere in the bullseye area!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Efrum wrote:
Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote: and Frank, after such a long absence, a very warm welcome back!
Matt
Aye Aye, Captain Matt! If there is an "inner circle", Frank would be located somewhere in the bullseye area!
That makes it sound like we want to throw darts at him though! :shock: :D

crew member Efrum; scrub the decks!!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Efrum

Post by Efrum »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:
Efrum wrote:
Matt
That makes it sound like we want to throw darts at him though! :shock: :D

crew member Efrum; scrub the decks!!!

Matt
Whoa! Didn't mean it that way! :lol: Got nothing but respect for Mr. Santa Cruz!

Aye Aye Sir!
Decks swabbed.
Hatches battened down.
Thar she blows! (Oops. Sorry, that would be the ramification of two burritos and a Guinness.) :shock:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

No rum tonight...but lashings of wine in the Sear household - Cheers to you ship mate Efrum, at ease!
I may even drink and type later in the special UR pub thread!!! please feel free to join me and the others...

About to watch a Hammer horror called The Nany!!! ( I saw 'She' with Ursula Andress for the first time yesterday! - awesome and very mystical and creepy)

Matt
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

re: the photo...

it didn't occur to me that this might not be "halloween night at granada's". actually, i didn't give the matter any thought at all, but kim mcnair set me straight. it seems the singer in kim's band, 'wink' lived next door to granada's and threw some pretty good halloween parties there. this is also the house they rehearsed in, and the photo of randy playing kim's bass* was taken there. additionally, d'argenzio's wine tasting room is right across the street.

silver rhoads, i'm not ignoring you. i'll get confirmation on the restaurant. kathy's out of the area at the moment.

efrum...is that a lawn dart you're holding?

*irrelevant trivia...halorising now owns that bass! my goodness...this world gets smaller by the minute.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Ok, in regards to the pic. #1, Jody is smoking hot (sorry Randy :P) #2, Randy looks like Brandon Lee from The Crow. #3, I thought Frank was just pulling his Granada's memory from out of his ass and left field until I just now noticed the big bright sign behind Randy's head.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

frank wrote:re: the photo...

it didn't occur to me that this might not be "halloween night at granada's". actually, i didn't give the matter any thought at all, but kim mcnair set me straight. it seems the singer in kim's band, 'wink' lived next door to granada's and threw some pretty good halloween parties there. this is also the house they rehearsed in, and the photo of randy playing kim's bass* was taken there. additionally, d'argenzio's wine tasting room is right across the street.

silver rhoads, i'm not ignoring you. i'll get confirmation on the restaurant. kathy's out of the area at the moment.

*irrelevant trivia...halorising now owns that bass! my goodness...this world gets smaller by the minute.
Frank, I know you wouldn't ignore anyone ... you're a gentleman. I just thought you might have missed the post. It's tough to read everything.

Yeah, Halo also owns the alleged Zeus. I must be in the wrong business. LOL! Cheers!

A friend and I were discussing if that was truly Randy. My friend said it didn't really look like him and his hand seemed a little too big to be Randy's. LOL! We were wondering if Randy was the one holding the camera and taking the photo. I guess the wig and makeup really throw things off. Too bad Jody didn't visit these forums if she had the time. She could share even more insight to these anecdotes.

John
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

frank wrote: *irrelevant trivia...halorising now owns that bass! my goodness...this world gets smaller by the minute.
Hi Frank, actually I am the one who was lucky enough to pick up Kim's bass. Halo was out of town during the eBay auction (sorry Chris), so I won it along with the original March '78 Kodak photo. I'm planning to frame that photo along with enlarged scans of both RR and Kim playing the bass. I've asked Kim if there are any great pix of RR or Kim with the bass. If you know of anything useful, PM me. I'd like to do this picture right the first time.