The funniest Mr Crowley Ever

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

The funniest Mr Crowley Ever

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I found this on Youtube and it is definitely worth a listen :) ...warning RR fans who hate the solos tampered with be warned LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAli1Ie77-Q
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: The funniest Mr Crowley Ever

Post by Shockwave »

Lol yeah I remember that one :)
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

It could almost be Jack Black and/or Spinal tap doing a metal parody...I love this (in the same why I love Ed Wood's Plan Nine From Outter Space)
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Efrum

Post by Efrum »

LOL! Saw that solo coming a mile away. Kinda failed to "unleash the fury" there didn't he? I would be pissed at him "unleashing the desecration" if I didn't know he was a fan. Bless his heart, he tried.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Tim 'Ripper' Owens makes Ozzy sound like a fart in a wind tunnel. A great singer, who in my mind is very underrated. I was surprised to see that Tommy Aldridge was playing on that track he sounded some what weak which is not like Tommy as he is a powerhouse of a drummer. Yngwie well if i hadn't of heard the original i wouldn't of minded but those sweeping shred patterns are just overkill. His trademark, well over used, but some people have said they prefared that version. Cheers for posting that up Matt :wink:
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: Cheers for posting that up Matt :wink:
my pleasure Shaun ;)

I can't make up my mind which one I prefer as there is also this version from Cradle Of Filfth. The vocals are more theatrical and almost camp in the first one though, which makes it more entertaining, but in this clip the vocals really go for it more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U69rouxW ... re=related

Matt
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

lol I think hes a great technical guitarist yngwie but as a person hes a complete knob end!!!
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:I found this on Youtube and it is definitely worth a listen :) ...warning RR fans who hate the solos tampered with be warned LMAO

Mr. Matt, this is a reference probably only you and I will appreciate, but everytime I hear Yngwie and his rambling solos, all I can picture is Clark's Father-in-law, Art doing the drum roll :P : 0:45 - 0:51 :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ian6NyXpszw
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

This has long been my favorite Yngwie video.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=QURQC41U
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

I was chatting with the guys from Black Stone Cherry and one of the memebers was telling me that Yngwie was the stragest person he has ever met. Said he always refers to himself in third person. and he is real serious about it. haha... love when people do that.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:I found this on Youtube and it is definitely worth a listen :) ...warning RR fans who hate the solos tampered with be warned LMAO

I loved the beginning titles where it said "Preformed by"....

LMAO

The solo just shows how great RR really was. Yes, Yngwie can play but has zero taste or wisdom in his playing. He sounds like a classical Vinnie Vincent!!!!
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

axeman_12656 wrote:I was chatting with the guys from Black Stone Cherry and one of the memebers was telling me that Yngwie was the stragest person he has ever met. Said he always refers to himself in third person. and he is real serious about it. haha... love when people do that.
I wonder if Yngwie has ever met "The Drake"?
http://www.google.com/search?client=saf ... 3f71b3bbfd
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I love Yngwie (Rising force!) and I saw Yngwie open for AC/DC but that sounded like they stuck one of his other solos from a different album over the Crowley solo chord prog. It didn't hit any certain highs, lows, create a mood or stand out in any way. It's like he's phoning it in. "Dm, O.K. just play it, I will solo over it. I'll throw in some harmonic minor here! Good job, Yngwie. Cool." That's the darkside of the technique of picking fast and clean, sometimes we lose site of some other important things such as rhythm, melody or in the moment spontaneity. Chord structure of the backing track in Yngwie's case. In the end, AC/DC was a better show because they had great songs/riffs/band/talking/show. Yngwie had his wall 'o Marshall's.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I don't think Yngwie being eccentric is relevant; as most people in the arts are a bit batty! Also, I am not one of those people that think he plays with no feeling, I think his style (on his own songs) is very unique and he does use the guitar to express his own emotion like a master (even though he has done more or less the same thing over the last 30 years-but that is a different thread)

I just don't think the way he approached Mr Crowley, such a well structured song that's original guitar parts were by a guitarist that was synonymous for making his solos almost a song within a song, in a way that bought out the drama of Mr Crowley well...

They turned it into something that I liked for the wrong reasons - ie it made me laugh like I was hearing Spinal Tap :) I can fully appreciate people almost offended by it on the discussion boards. But as they say viva la difference!

Matt