RUMOR ON THE PHOENIX BROTHER'S

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

RUMOR ON THE PHOENIX BROTHER'S

Post by Tito »

i saw this on facebook today.... "RANDY RHOADS
‎(Paul) Heard a new rumour recently on the 2 brothers from Phoenix Arizona who supposedly have an entire concert with Randy.........Anyways what I read somewhere (cant recall where) is that Sony Entertainment now owns the rights to the footage.It was said the sought after footage was sold to them.How true this may be I dont know.Wondering if anybody else heard this?"
shawn
Cool Member

Re: RUMOR ON THE PHOENIX BROTHER'S

Post by shawn »

Some of the footage that is on the upcoming DVD is supposedly from sony is it not. Which they acquired from a student that filmed from the front row. Apparently he had tried for a while to gain interest in the footage that he had from various companies, but no one was biting, a sony exec finally did. So is there now a mixing up of stories going on here? Or has the brothers footage now been purchased by sonny as well as this other recording?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

T,
Probably saw that the same time as you and wondered the same thing. After thinking about it, how or why would they release it? From what TA has told us, it is two cameras close-up on Randy for the entire show. The only times Ozzy is seen is when he wanders into the shot. Though it's nearly a full show, there's only one guy starring in it, and it's not Ozzy.
Even if Sony did wind up acquiring it, (TA did mention it could be possible and that he hadn't spoken to those guys in some time), the only thing I could see Sony doing is cutting it up for some kind of compilation, like the Crazy Train video.
There's a very small market for them to market it to, which would number at about 40,000 when you consider the number of poeple who are members here, TK, US and the FB page.
The best method they could have used would have been to include it as part of a package much like the box that's about to be released.
Maybe something is in the works that focuses on Randy for next March 19, but we won't know until we get there.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i got no clue. just relaying what i read brother...im hoping its true though that would kick some serious ass!!!!!!!!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Maybe folks came forward during the time material was being gathered for the Dakota film and the Osbournes or Sony acquired what was of interest.
Both concerts are historical documents of Ozzy's career. One moreso than the other, as the whole band is featured and it has sound.
So, this may leave the film that was allegedly stolen from Don's house, as well as the show Dave Tangye said was filmed, unless they're one and the same.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Well Soon Enough,we will get the Answers! They are prob getting Printed/Pressed as we speak
as they are prob making at least 100,000 Units for a first press?? mabey 75??
But this 100 Page Book seems like it could have ALOT of Potential for Greatness.
I thought that Immediatly when I saw the "New Live Diary Footage" W/the PDV from Stage Right,but it Looks Alot like Video tape,where as the Palladium stuff looked like film,I Just Dont Know??? Sharon Said TWO SHOWS!!!& another "FILM" of Randy,So Either PM found something
Besides ET,& Didnt Say anything outside of his "Close" Circle. Why do you think he Flipped when the Trailer leaked ALONG W?The Rumor of A PRO-SHOT Blizzard Show???
I dont think those rumors are too,Unfounded now??
Or mabey that Guy WhereEagles was talking about in (coincidentaly) New York that had/has a theater & a Huge Archive,library....and he was supposed to have been in contact w/her.
Thats all that I can think if they havent had this in a Vault all theese years?
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

DMRX wrote:Well Soon Enough,we will get the Answers! They are prob getting Printed/Pressed as we speak
as they are prob making at least 100,000 Units for a first press?? mabey 75??
But this 100 Page Book seems like it could have ALOT of Potential for Greatness.
I thought that Immediatly when I saw the "New Live Diary Footage" W/the PDV from Stage Right,but it Looks Alot like Video tape,where as the Palladium stuff looked like film,I Just Dont Know??? Sharon Said TWO SHOWS!!!& another "FILM" of Randy,So Either PM found something
Besides ET,& Didnt Say anything outside of his "Close" Circle. Why do you think he Flipped when the Trailer leaked ALONG W?The Rumor of A PRO-SHOT Blizzard Show???
I dont think those rumors are too,Unfounded now??
Or mabey that Guy WhereEagles was talking about in (coincidentaly) New York that had/has a theater & a Huge Archive,library....and he was supposed to have been in contact w/her.
Thats all that I can think if they havent had this in a Vault all theese years?
I still havent had any contact back from bill shelley he was the guy weareagle was talking to. But he did confirm to me on email he was indeed in talks with sharon and had handed over footage to them. Hes probably been sworn to silence.

Jas.
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

I think its great this film but its silent. Dont get me wrong I think it would be great to have a camera on randy for the entire show but we need the audio. If we can get the audio, it would literally be the holy grail especially if its a diary show which If I remember correctly, it was.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Axemeister wrote:I think its great this film but its silent. Dont get me wrong I think it would be great to have a camera on randy for the entire show but we need the audio. If we can get the audio, it would literally be the holy grail especially if its a diary show which If I remember correctly, it was.
well so far no Phoenix show has made it into the trading network BUT, Don Airey has said that he recorded most shows on his leg of the 'Diary' tour so it is quiet possible that audio is available to match up to the video.
They have no chance of matching it up against any other show because Randy would just use on the spot riffing (which is why I love his playing), and wouldn't it be nasty if they tried to match the video up with another guitarist filling in with the riffs! :oops:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

iF THIS GUY bill shelley Did have fotage,It would probably be Inhouse w/sound from the Board,I would think.Oh its SOooooo Close!!!
singerman71

Post by singerman71 »

It is very true that Don recorded most of the Diary shows on a tape recorder,he managed to get some very good recordings with a bit of practice!,how do I know this?...from the man himself ;-)
Phineas J

Post by Phineas J »

DMRX wrote:iF THIS GUY bill shelley Did have fotage,It would probably be Inhouse w/sound from the Board,I would think.Oh its SOooooo Close!!!
I thought of this too. If he is an archiver then he probably had something pro shot. I dont claim to know what kind of quality video he collected, but I doubt that he would go through the trouble of collecting shaky one cam stuff from the audience.

Then again, who knows.

Didnt wareagle say Shelley told him it was pro shot?
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

Phineas J wrote:
DMRX wrote:iF THIS GUY bill shelley Did have fotage,It would probably be Inhouse w/sound from the Board,I would think.Oh its SOooooo Close!!!
I thought of this too. If he is an archiver then he probably had something pro shot. I dont claim to know what kind of quality video he collected, but I doubt that he would go through the trouble of collecting shaky one cam stuff from the audience.

Then again, who knows.

Didnt wareagle say Shelley told him it was pro shot?
Ok this is the 2 emails i received back from bill when i contacted him. ( bear in mind i contacted him as a film producer myself looking for randy archive footage and this is what he said):

first email i received from him:

Hi Jason:

I''m already in negotiations with Sharon Osbourne for any Randy footage.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you. Good Luck!

Best Wishes,
Bill Shelley
Shelley Archives Inc

Second email:

Hi Jason:

Thanks for replying and for being a Randy fan. he was such a great guitarist - underappreciated and a very amazing genious.

The Randy footage is being looked at for possible use from Sharon. I'm sorry I can't speak about it because I'm sworn to silence on the subject. But you know, whatever Sharon and Ozzy do , they will do it right. They are good people and just trust them.

Best Wishes,
Peace & Blessings,
Bill Shelley
Shelley Archives Inc

I have contacted him back to probe more but he hasnt returned my emails, i guess the footage he gave to sharon is gonna be used and he cant speak about it. if it wasnt gonna be used he would have offered it to me because thats what the archives are there for.

This is a little history on the bill shelley archives:

ABOUT BILL SHELLEY/SHELLEY ARCHIVES:
As a filmmaker, Shelley has been shooting professionally since the 1970’s when he captured on film and video the following bands playing in small bars and clubs before they became famous: The Stray Cats, Twisted Sister, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts. Shelley later associated with rap group Public Enemy, then known as Spectrum City. After they became established, they honored Shelley by asking him to join their cablevision television studio and become an honorary member of The African American Media Network. They even gave him the nickname “Dollar Bill,” due to his lack of funds at that time. He directed their Andreus 13’s videos “Paranoid,” “Channel Zero,” and “Conspiracy,” among others.

Shelley Archives Inc. was started in 1985. After working with Readers Digest Entertainment in 1990, the company’s end product was nominated for an Emmy in 1993 for the three part series “Legends of Comedy.” The program was broadcast on the Disney cable network, and home video sales exceeded a record breaking one million copies sold.

Today the company has more than 100,000 reels of original 35mm and 16mm films in its archive and over 10,000 hours of rare concerts, television shows (from Europe & USA), promos, interviews, out-takes, and home movies. Preservation of films and music clips is a main focus of the organization, as well as the desire to compensate the artists. The archives include rare films of such diverse subjects as jazz musicians, rock and roll performers, cartoons, comedies, Hitchcock, newsreels, travelogues, westerns, horror films, mysteries, musicals, African American subjects, television shows, sports, and feature films. The archives even include an extensive collection of silent films.

In 1982-3, Bill Shelley was working at the Brill Building for the sound studio Studio One, who was taking over and gutting the famous (song)Writer’s Wing, unused since ’69. Told that anything that remained would be trashed, he found and rescued reels of 16mm promo footage, acetates, reel-to-reel recordings, and photos.

This guys seems to have a huge collection of rare concerts if you do a search for him on.

Jas.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

Has anything ever came of this rumor?
I went ahead and rode the white horse
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:Has anything ever came of this rumor?
No.