preorder

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

AeolianMad

preorder

Post by AeolianMad »

Has anybody here pre ordered the BOO/DOAM 30th?
12.6.56-3.19.82
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Re: preorder

Post by cableguyxx »

AeolianMad wrote:Has anybody here pre ordered the BOO/DOAM 30th?
yup
wave maker

Post by wave maker »

Yes - yesterday (from Canada)
Guitarworks68

Post by Guitarworks68 »

Yes...two days ago...Can't wait!
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

It looks like the only way to get the coffee table book is to buy the Vinyl albums! Does anyone here know whether there will be a way to get the book along with CD's instead?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

It seems the only way to get the book is with the box. I don't see them splitting up that collection at all.
The thing that seems odd to me is the whole 'Record Store Day' event. I don't see them moving that many copies of the vinyl, as those who would want the vinyl are going to want the entire box.
The only item that would be exclusive to that day would be the Flying High Again 45.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

whoopiecat wrote:It seems the only way to get the book is with the box. I don't see them splitting up that collection at all.
The thing that seems odd to me is the whole 'Record Store Day' event. I don't see them moving that many copies of the vinyl, as those who would want the vinyl are going to want the entire box.
The only item that would be exclusive to that day would be the Flying High Again 45.
I agree. I don't think the vinyl is going to have the expanded bonus material, so people who are buying the box won't buy the vinyl alone. Perhaps maybe if there were extras on or in the vinyl. Would be cool if they added the poster that was in the original UK Blizzard album. I've never been able to get a copy of that.

EDIT: Both albums are being released on Record Store Day. No bonus on vinyl. They are in the list below the 45s. This is the 45 release of Flying High Again. http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/4926
Last edited by Silver Rhoads on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Silver,
A buddy of mine works for a local record chain here that is one of the participants in RSD. He said that sometimes extra stuff is added to albums and they usually sell out pretty quickly.
He will let me know what extras, if any, are to be included.
I will pass that info along to the community, naturally :D

Aside from that, he's also keeping a sharp lookout for when they get a release date for the box, or if brick and mortar stores will even carry it.
I'm waiting on this answer before I pre-order.
He said gone are the days when they knew dates for releases months in advance, (it's usually 30 days max, now.), and reps from the record companies no longer visit stores with free swag.
He understands this is pretty much the new release of my lifetime, so he's letting me know of any information when it becomes known to him...
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

Im waiting for a uk release
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

I preordered it the day it came back online again.
Ric

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

The link keeps freezing up on me, so I'm not posting it here, but it appears the only item available from Ozzy on RSD will be the FHA 45.
scooterh67

Post by scooterh67 »

Thanks for the info Whoopiecat! I was also wondering if Best Buy stores or other retail stores will even carry this box set? I am going to make some phone calls myself and try to get some answers before I decide if I should pre-order or not. I'm afraid that IF some of the retail stores do get it, they will only have 5 or less per store?? Maybe even 10??????? When the box set comes out on May 31st. I will keep everyone updated on any info I find out!

Scott
AeolianMad

Post by AeolianMad »

does anybody know how limited the box set will be?
12.6.56-3.19.82
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

Thanks to WhoppieCat & scooterh67 for promising updates on brick & mortar stores (specifically Best Buy). I'd like to go pick it up in person at Best Buy if possible.
scooterh67

Post by scooterh67 »

Well, here is what I found out! I called Best Buy customer service today and ask them if they would be getting the deluxe box set and if I could possibly pre-order it from them. The person I talked to did some searching on the computer and couldn't find anything that showed that Best Buy would be carry it? She told me that as of now, it doesn't look like Best Buy would be getting this! :( She was thinking that the only way to get this would be to pre-order it from the Ozzy website because it might only be sold exclusively through them!!! At least there is free shipping!!!!!

I will still keep on checking with other retail stores to see if they might know anything and keep you posted! Until then, Keep Rocking!!!!!!! 8)

Scott