The Law @ Blackpool 1980

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

The Law @ Blackpool 1980

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I did a search to see if i could find out any news on the secret gigs Ozzy did under the name of 'The Law'. I cannot understand how non of the band members can name the venue or when these dates happened. I found this guy on facebook i don't know if he is just letting his mouth go. But i sent him a message and it'll be interesting to see what he has to say. This was his blog when he met Randy.

"i met randy rhoads at the secret gig at blackpool i was 17 , i waited after the show for my taxi.when this little blonde guy walked passed me,i realized it was randy. i chatted to him for a while ,and he signed a promo flyer for the blizzard of oz debut album which ozzy threw them out into the small audience i still have that autogragh,was a great night the played under the name LAW that night. randy was so small but his fingers were so fast. i was inches away from him with his polka dot flying v,i know sharon talks about that gig in her book.was such a memorable experience for me ,long live randy rhoads.
the signed flyer is on my page for all randy's fans to look
rock on".
Fingers crossed he may reply and show me his signed flyer. Can anyone remember what $haron had to say about the gig in her book ?.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: The Law @ Blackpool 1980

Post by orion_damage »

Man I love reading these stories, definitely post any details your given!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I had began to wonder if these shows really happened or they were a myth, the fact nobody who played was able to give information makes it look like bollocks so I hope this gives reality to it.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: Can anyone remember what $haron had to say about the gig in her book ?.
Here's what she said in her book Shaun, I wish she'd mentioned the name of the venue though,
"Ozzy's first show was in Blackpool, a tiny venue where they would play to an audience of between two and three hundred. The place was even smaller than I thought. Backstage was just some little room with no space to turn around, disgustingly grimy and with graffiti covering the walls. And we were all so nervous. Roy Wood, my old friend from The Move, was there to give moral support. There was a real buzz of excitment because although this was a suprise gig it had been leaked."
She also mentions she and Thelma met on the train to Blackpol, but they never got on, there was tension between them both. (No wonder Sharon, you was shagging her husband)
Anyway she goes on to say "It was brilliant, at the end of the show I can remember crying because it was magic. And the crowd just adored Ozzy, and Randy was phenomenal, and it was one of those night you'll never forget.(Apart from the name of the venue and the date Sharon) One of those nights were everything was perfect and the adrenalin was high, and all the journey that Ozzy had been through, and all the torments and the cheating and the demoralisation were over, and it was like, Oh My God. He's done it, We've shown them"
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well we'll see if this guy is true to his word... Gaza cheers for posting that paragraph from $haron's book.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This was the guys reply, he isn't ecstatic or big'in this event up, so i'm going with my first thoughts he full of it. Looking at his signed flyer which has turned into a promo photo ?.The signature looks ???.

"my signed randy flyer is in my photos take a look, so glad i got too meet him ,sharon talks about the gig in her book it was the first time they ever played live together,
Randy was amazing i was 3 feet away from him if only i had a camera back then
rock on!"
Attachments
Ozzy Blizzard RRsigned promo pic.jpg
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Cheers for investigateing and sharing, we'll get to the bottom of it, maybe its mentioned in '30 years after the blizzard'.
kevvh1

Post by kevvh1 »

The guy you are talking about on facebook who met randy that night was me kevin eaton that is the flyer ozzy threw out during the gig , which was at norbreck castle blackpool 1980 i found out about the gig in the local paper saying ex black sabbath singer to play under the name LAW, so i knew it was ozzy they didn't go on stage which was tiny till midnight i can 100 % say that i got the signed of randy Which some one posted on here of my facebook , i can tell you excactly what he was wearing and drinking when i met him it is all true what i say you just had to be there for the most memorable night in rock n roll
long live RR
kevvh1

Post by kevvh1 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:This was the guys reply, he isn't ecstatic or big'in this event up, so i'm going with my first thoughts he full of it. Looking at his signed flyer which has turned into a promo photo ?.The signature looks ???.

"my signed randy flyer is in my photos take a look, so glad i got too meet him ,sharon talks about the gig in her book it was the first time they ever played live together,
Randy was amazing i was 3 feet away from him if only i had a camera back then
rock on!"
that guy is me 100% genuine autograph i was so lucky to meet randy
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

kevvh1 wrote:The guy you are talking about on facebook who met randy that night was me kevin eaton that is the flyer ozzy threw out during the gig , which was at norbreck castle blackpool 1980 i found out about the gig in the local paper saying ex black sabbath singer to play under the name LAW, so i knew it was ozzy they didn't go on stage which was tiny till midnight i can 100 % say that i got the signed of randy Which some one posted on here of my facebook , i can tell you excactly what he was wearing and drinking when i met him it is all true what i say you just had to be there for the most memorable night in rock n roll
long live RR
The Norbreck Castle is a slighty up market hotel with multi restaurants out of Blackpool towards St Annes, I am surprised that they would host a rock show? my parents have stayed there a few times and the last of which was about 5 months ago so this confuses me loads.
The centre of Blackpool had loads of big pubs and clubs which are better suited to a rock show than a very large hotel who cater for elderly customers.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
singerman71

Post by singerman71 »

If you google the venue , turns out lots of band played there! , Def leppard, Angel Witch and possibly maiden I believe :-)
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Old codgers like to boogie too i guess..
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

singerman71 wrote:If you google the venue , turns out lots of band played there! , Def leppard, Angel Witch and possibly maiden I believe :-)
I don't disbelieve you I am just surprised, I remember when Guns and roses played a small pub in Leicester in 1988 so these places do host odd events.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Great stories! Thnx Foz, Idol & Kevin (welcome btw!) for sharing this! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hey Kev, How come your a RR fan and you've never seen this site until i mentioned your email at FB. Did you know about this forum ?. So why did you never share your story with us ?. You must have more to say about the gig then relying on $haron's book to tell your story. What an absolute bummer you didn't take your camera, those photos would of been well appreciated here. Can you not share anymore info about the gig. It just amazes me that no one has talked about being at this gig on the entire internet. Your the first person to have been in the crowd. I hope you have the time to read about the other lucky fans who got to see Randy in concert. :wink:
Loved those VH photos from '79 '80 the memories came flooding back.