New Member!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

ACELUEK

New Member!

Post by ACELUEK »

Hello everyone! I'm a long time fan of Randy Rhoads.. I saw him play at the 7/2/1981 show at the Swing Auditorium in San Bernadino, CA. I still have the tour shirt, which I just wore for the 1st time since that concert, at the the 3/19/11 memorial. I attached a video I recorded at the memorial a few days ago. Randy Rhoads!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ka8p0VC8jw

Here is a video of me playing some Crazy Train:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP_d_pjta7A
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: New Member!

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

FOREVER... RANDY RHOADS BABY!!!!! FOREVER..... Was that you ?. Wild!! You said that with passion man...
So you know what the first question is going to be. How much can you tell us about the footage that was being passed around on the laptop. Can you give us as much info as possible please. Is that the first time you've been to the memorial ?. It's something i've always wanted to do, but the distance and cost of it all. You never know someday :wink: Cheers for posting those clips up and welcome to UR.
AeolianMad

Post by AeolianMad »

The Memorial was great! I didn't get the chance to see the footage that the guy had on his Ipad though. So yes, I would also really like to know what was on it.
12.6.56-3.19.82
ACELUEK

Post by ACELUEK »

There were clips of the DVD portion of the Ozzy box set that can already be ordered from Ozzy's website. The clips we all got to see at the memorial on 3/19 were Mr. Crowley, Crazy Train, No Bone Movies, Steal Away and then a documentary showing Ozzy viewing the footage for the first time. It is the 1st Ny Paladium show and Randy was playing No Bone movies on the Polka Dot V. I always thought that was on the Les Paul. No word on how many songs will be on the DVD, but we all saw 4.
AeolianMad

Post by AeolianMad »

ACELUEK wrote:There were clips of the DVD portion of the Ozzy box set that can already be ordered from Ozzy's website. The clips we all got to see at the memorial on 3/19 were Mr. Crowley, Crazy Train, No Bone Movies, Steal Away and then a documentary showing Ozzy viewing the footage for the first time. It is the 1st Ny Paladium show and Randy was playing No Bone movies on the Polka Dot V. I always thought that was on the Les Paul. No word on how many songs will be on the DVD, but we all saw 4.

Man, now i REALLY wish i saw the footage! thats some good stuff you got to see!
12.6.56-3.19.82
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

ACELUEK wrote:There were clips of the DVD portion of the Ozzy box set that can already be ordered from Ozzy's website. The clips we all got to see at the memorial on 3/19 were Mr. Crowley, Crazy Train, No Bone Movies, Steal Away and then a documentary showing Ozzy viewing the footage for the first time. It is the 1st Ny Paladium show and Randy was playing No Bone movies on the Polka Dot V. I always thought that was on the Les Paul. No word on how many songs will be on the DVD, but we all saw 4.
im pissed for not going.. im only in riverside. oh well.. ill get to see the footage and be there next year for the 30th anniv.
AeolianMad

Post by AeolianMad »

sik_kreations wrote:
im pissed for not going.. im only in riverside. oh well.. ill get to see the footage and be there next year for the 30th anniv.

I would expect a lot more people to show up for the 30th anniversary.
12.6.56-3.19.82
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

AeolianMad wrote:
sik_kreations wrote:

I would expect a lot more people to show up for the 30th anniversary.

ya my tribute project will be dun by then.. good time to show it off.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thnx for the clips and signing up here! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Going on what you seen and the quality of the film was the sound well synched up with the visuals ?. As Frank mentioned this over at TK. He heard the sound and said it was of soundboard quality. Did the footage blow you away and is this going to be well worth buying ?. Was the guy who was showing it around from Ozzy's camp, i heard it was his PA John ? but i thought his PA was called Tony Dennis ?.
ACELUEK

Post by ACELUEK »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Going on what you seen and the quality of the film was the sound well synched up with the visuals ?. As Frank mentioned this over at TK. He heard the sound and said it was of soundboard quality. Did the footage blow you away and is this going to be well worth buying ?. Was the guy who was showing it around from Ozzy's camp, i heard it was his PA John ? but i thought his PA was called Tony Dennis ?.
It sounded synched and very good quality. It blew me away because I had never seen it before, so it is worth buying. The guy showing it was from Ozzy's camp and his name was John. I remember is his name because it's my first name as well. The guy reminded me of Kerry King without the tatoos.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

ACELUEK wrote: It sounded synched and very good quality. It blew me away because I had never seen it before, so it is worth buying. The guy showing it was from Ozzy's camp and his name was John. I remember is his name because it's my first name as well. The guy reminded me of Kerry King without the tatoos.
Thanks for your reply, did John make any remarks about the footage being a full show. Did you get the feeling he was there to promote this box set. I know they do show videos of Randy during the memorial but it is the first time i've heard of anyone being there connected to the Osbournes.
ACELUEK

Post by ACELUEK »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
ACELUEK wrote: It sounded synched and very good quality. It blew me away because I had never seen it before, so it is worth buying. The guy showing it was from Ozzy's camp and his name was John. I remember is his name because it's my first name as well. The guy reminded me of Kerry King without the tatoos.
Thanks for your reply, did John make any remarks about the footage being a full show. Did you get the feeling he was there to promote this box set. I know they do show videos of Randy during the memorial but it is the first time i've heard of anyone being there connected to the Osbournes.
I did not get the feeling he was there to promote it. Kelle and Kathy Rhoads told us early on that someone will be there later in the date to show us something , a surprise. I really think the Rhoads wanted us to see it first since we were there for the memorial. But that is just my opinion. They said that John was "Ozzy's Right-hand man" and he was either the producer or the something similar to that.. I tried to record when he was talking, but like and idiot I had hit the record button twice.