Interesting news from Dave Tangye

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Interesting news from Dave Tangye

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I had an email from DT and i was telling him about the new Ozzy box set releases etc. I told him that the footage of the NY Palladium 1981 will be included in the box set. He then told me that he didn't do those dates as he picked up a knee injury in NY Rochester and didn't pick the tour up until the Buffalo gig. So it looks like the footage he saw being filmed is not a part of this box set. That means that his mentioned shows are still out there ?. Interesting !!! :lol:
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Interesting news from Dave Tangye

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I had an email from DT and i was telling him about the new Ozzy box set releases etc. I told him that the footage of the NY Palladium 1981 will be included in the box set. He then told me that he didn't do those dates as he picked up a knee injury in NY Rochester and didn't pick the tour up until the Buffalo gig. So it looks like the footage he saw being filmed is not a part of this box set. That means that his mentioned shows are still out there ?. Interesting !!! :lol:
For sure it is.... :wink:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Re: Interesting news from Dave Tangye

Post by GuitarJoe »

Hmmmm...the plot thickens. It's kinda crazy how now after all these years so much seems to be falling in place as far as randy footage turning up. Can't wait to see what the box set holds and after that who knows?

BTW, for those not sure who Dave Tangye is he was Ozzy's personal assistant during the Sabbath days and very early part of Ozzy's solo career. He parted company with Ozzy before Randy passed away. A while back GUITARIDOL5682 put together a Q & A for board members to ask him questions and this particular exchange got everyone buzzing:

Dave.
Q.Thanks so much for taking time to share with us.
Someone is bound to ask this, so I'll wade in with the obvious.
As you may know, the holy grail for RR admirers is video/film footage.
Do you have any recollection of any filming/video (personal or professional) being done by band, friends, or crew during rehearsals, performances, or recording sessions?
Although I am aware of the bulky video equipment available at the time, handheld film cameras were quite common. To me, it seems a bit unrealistic that non was done even casually as Ozzy was well established and quite famous at the time of Blizzard and Diary.
Much appreciation for your reply.

Tim.

DAVE.
I don't believe there was much stuff recorded to film very early on, especially on the first UK Tour. I have a few photos from Ridge Farm during the recording of Dairy of a Milkman!!, oop's sorry, Diary of a Madman i meant...
Money was tight at this time, so the expense of filming would not come into the equation.
I know that there was a film recording on the first US Tour, New Jersey or ST Louis show, I am not sure.
Not even sure if it ever was released.