Blizzard DVD trailer

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Blizzard DVD trailer

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Thanks to everyone who tried to post a link up for us in the UK and other countries who couldn't view it. But Dave's MP4 did the business. Cheers mate :wink:
Where do you start after seeing that, its just a question of how much will we see and will it be full songs or snippets only ?. I cannot grumble as it's something we've all waited for and what's better is that we know these concerts are in someones hands. A Diary show Fuck! what a surprise i was praying that Brad Gillis wouldn't be on the stage, then i seen Randy in the shadows. Great news and like Tom mentioned that could be old unseen sabbath footage from 78 which is another bonus. Plus unseen pics and the 100 page book, the package is a must to buy now. :lol:
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

There seems to be pro shot in there, three cameras at least at one gig, ET. One from the left, one from the right and one behind the audience. I’m finally getting excited about this. Surly we will get a full gig out of this material and not just Ozzy talking over it, I can only hope and dream still.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

even if they splice it with randy footage its fine by me....todays technology would clean it up and make the difference!!one shot did look like the footage with brad but i think this will be majic!!!!!!!
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Trigger...well said!! My cousin, who got me into Randy and Ozzy back in '87, sent me a text today that blabbermouth had the trailer...my iphone wouldnt play it and it was blocked at my work!!! Talk about 5 hours of anticipation until I got of!!!!

I can't stop watching it!! Thanks to all my Randy-bretheren who have been looking out for our non-US brothers and posting stills!! You guys all saw the same things I did...Diary clips that we have NEVER seen before that had Randy playing infront of an audience. I am freakin stoked!!! Now we can start pressuring the Osbournes and forget about the AZ brothers who have decided not to spread the love...
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

The time is finally upon us. I can't believe what I just saw. I'll be thrilled with whatever we get, and so far it looks like we're going to be pretty happy. Wow. Just wow.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

Hi guys heres a link for the uk guys http://vimeo.com/21420544

jas.
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

Haven't been this excited for a music release in a looong time! It really is almost unreal viewing what we think are 3 or 4 different shows in that short trailer.. cant wait for the long one! I bet there is a ton of footage out there now. That clip of Ozzy in the white fringe does look like him in the Never Say Die Sabbath concert though.. Looks too grainy for that exact footage though, I wonder what that is from.
Dont know how many times I'm going to watch this tonight.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Astral Plane wrote: That clip of Ozzy in the white fringe does look like him in the Never Say Die Sabbath concert though..
same outfit he is wearing in the palladium footage we have had all these years isn't it? I think they have both NYC sets. one set Ozzy has the blue shirt then this white one for th other set. just my guess. This stuff looks AMAZING
Live Life Stronger Than Death
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

8)
Badass. It's finally happening! Seeing Randy, in full motion, wearing his DOAM garb with his PDV definitely brings a massive smile to my face.
tone1963

Post by tone1963 »

RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:Anyone outside the U.S. who's unable to view this "clip" ... PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you an mp4 of it.
PM sent... Thank you
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

jasonmusicman wrote:Hi guys heres a link for the uk guys http://vimeo.com/21420544

jas.
Cheers for this, i didnt think i would get to see it.
Very pleased to see we're getting somthing which we can't complain alot about.
The white top one looks like a uk one from 1980? (wishfull thinking), it'd also be cool if they had the master of the full texas soundcheck in there. Thanks.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

This is very cool, I got goosebumps watching those clips of Randy!!!! I will definately own this!!!!
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Thanks for the link Jas. To have stuff from both tours will be a dream come true.... and that DOAM show looks intense!!!
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

is it me or does the audio at the clip of ozzy singing mr crowley sound like Mr Crowley EP (southampton)?
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

axeman_12656 wrote:
Astral Plane wrote: That clip of Ozzy in the white fringe does look like him in the Never Say Die Sabbath concert though..
same outfit he is wearing in the palladium footage we have had all these years isn't it? I think they have both NYC sets. one set Ozzy has the blue shirt then this white one for th other set. just my guess. This stuff looks AMAZING
That's Ozzy from 1978 during the Never Say die tour, his hair is too long for it to be an Ozzy show. Hopefully this will be new footage aswell. It may be a Sabbath NY Palladium gig from back then ?.

I noticed Frank mentioned this over at TK, he said that he seen the Ozzy 1981 footage at the memorial. The clips are from a student who filmed the gig back then. But the sound is from a soundboard recorded show. Someone mentioned that it maybe the 1980 Southampton gig ?.
(Quote Frank)
"we saw this trailer along with live concert footage at the cemetery on saturday...4 songs in their entirety. no bone movies, stealaway and don't ask me to remember the rest, i was in mild shock. ozzys p.a., john told us that the footage was taken by a college film student from the edge of the stage. he spent a great deal of time trying to stir up interest in his footage to no avail. finally sony took interest. he gets credit in the box set for his contribution. the audio may have been taken from sound boards..it sounds too good. did super8 have audio capability? ". For more details visit TK.