Randy rumour over at Bob's FB ?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Thunderbird

Re: Randy rumour over at Bob's FB ?

Post by Thunderbird »

The_Scratch wrote:
Tito wrote:yeah he knocked the shit out of him while he(ozzy) was drunk...pissed that he was trying to leave the band and go study...help me out guys!!rudy saw it its in his book..they patched up after i think cant remember the details
Can somebody post the page # of this incident, because I've read the book three times and don't recall this.
I know there was tension in the last few weeks because of the Black Sabbath songs that Randy didn't want to do. but I can't find any writing in Rudy's book about Ozzy punching Randy.
Perhaps its just a short passage and I keep missing it... ?
Rudy Sarzo does not mention Ozzy hitting Randy in his book. He does talk about Ozzy hitting him. Maybe this is where the confusion is. He also talks about Ozzy hitting Sharon & Sharon hitting Ozzy (hahahaha what a battle that would've been to see!!!).
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

rokket wrote:Wasn't it Sharon who told Tommy to get rid of it before the police turn up......why bother saying that if it belonged to Aycock......
good point, hadn't thought of that, but then again I try not to think of the events surrounding that ugly morning. I think it was you (earlier in this thread) mentioned something about Youngblood's autopsy indicating a heart attack- how was it determined that it was post crash? A rather inconsequential morbid curiosity, I guess- knowing these facts won't do anything to bring anyone back- but it does appear that John Q Public has been spoonfed horseshit all these years- I can't help but to wonder why?
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

RRFan4Ever wrote:
rokket wrote:Wasn't it Sharon who told Tommy to get rid of it before the police turn up......why bother saying that if it belonged to Aycock......
good point, hadn't thought of that, but then again I try not to think of the events surrounding that ugly morning. I think it was you (earlier in this thread) mentioned something about Youngblood's autopsy indicating a heart attack- how was it determined that it was post crash? A rather inconsequential morbid curiosity, I guess- knowing these facts won't do anything to bring anyone back- but it does appear that John Q Public has been spoonfed horseshit all these years- I can't help but to wonder why?
I don't know what process is used to determine things like that. I've said it before a few times, the lack of investigation regarding the crash was poor at best. Statements were taken and the FAA determined it was "Pilot Error"............

Don Airey regarding the crash "I'll just say this one thing about this and I don't want to say anything more. I had to give a deposition to the FAA and the guy said to me, "If it's any comfort, this wasn't an accident, but we can't say anything".
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

rokket wrote:Don Airey regarding the crash "I'll just say this one thing about this and I don't want to say anything more. I had to give a deposition to the FAA and the guy said to me, "If it's any comfort, this wasn't an accident, but we can't say anything".
With all due respect to Don Airey, that is such a stupid thing to say. If he really doesn't want to talk about it, then he should just not talk about it. To say he was told it wasn't an accident and then say nothing more is bullshit. Not to mention, unless the investigator was present during the accident, he couldn't say anything about a cause - because he was taking a deposition to determine what happened!

As I said, I respect Don's right to privacy, but people have been going back to this for years... and I simply believe Don misspoke because he didn't want to believe it was an accident.

No one really knows, and it doesn't matter, because those three people will still be gone, regardless of what we know.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

The_Scratch wrote:
Tito wrote:yeah he knocked the shit out of him while he(ozzy) was drunk...pissed that he was trying to leave the band and go study...help me out guys!!rudy saw it its in his book..they patched up after i think cant remember the details
Can somebody post the page # of this incident, because I've read the book three times and don't recall this.
I know there was tension in the last few weeks because of the Black Sabbath songs that Randy didn't want to do. but I can't find any writing in Rudy's book about Ozzy punching Randy.
Perhaps its just a short passage and I keep missing it... ?
'Don't know what Rudy said because I haven't read his book but Tommy Aldridge has talked about Ozzy punching Randy and Kelly Garni made it public here....

Speaking to The-Fuze.net about his former QUIET RIOT bandmate's final days, Garni said, "Randy wasn’t happy in the end. He wanted out. There’s a lot of friction between me and Ozzy because I speak my mind about that. Him and Sharon paint this lovely picture — 'Randy could have left any time he wanted. Whatever Randy wanted, we wanted. To see him happy — that was the most important thing.' Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. They wouldn’t let him out of contract. They threatened him... Ozzy punched him when Randy said he wanted to leave. Two weeks before Randy died, Ozzy punched him in the face, over breakfast. They were adamant about not losing him. They didn't care about his happiness. And who would want to let him go? The guy was a great guitar player, a nice kid, very serious…so I can't blame him for that, but the reality of it was when it came time for him to really try to get out of that band they played hardball. It turned into a very unhappy situation. Randy was the kind of guy who didn't like to hurt feelings and didn't like confrontations. I think he just kind of resigned himself to, 'Well, I’m stuck here.' I've read some letters that he wrote, and he actually wrote to [former QUIET RIOT singer] Kevin [Dubrow] about it more than anything. He thought Kevin could advise him a little better. Kevin made me copies of these letters. He was miserable in that band. He didn't even like anybody else in the band. . . [Randy] and [former QUIET RIOT bassist] Rudy never really were all that close. Rudy was at least a little bit of a connection to where Randy came from, and Rudy's a very nice guy, but he's not really… 'Randy people,' I guess is the best way to say it. I don't think Randy felt like he had a good close friend there, or an ally. Rudy has a tendency to mind his own business. So Randy was stuck. It's weird that, to get out of that band, he had to die. You could almost say that was the only way he was ever going to get out of it. They weren't going to let him go."
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Maybe part of his unhappiness was that Randy wanted to be in a "Band", but it just turned out he was a hired gun. After what started out as a band "Blizzard Of Ozz" where Randy did seem happy, it became "Ozzy Osbourne" and perhaps a situation that changed so dramatically Randy just felt like a sideman, propping up a solo artists career.

I know Ozzy and Sharon paint a picture of "We love and adore Randy" but how much of it I wonder is guilt....??
The_Scratch

Post by The_Scratch »

Thanks for the referance.
I am not 100% convinced it happened, but certainly on the side that it was likely.

I would love to hear Tommy Aldridges side of this, as much as I like reading Kelli Garni's perspectives on Randy, and he was certainly close to him to know very intimate details, theres an issue with Garni and Ozzy that existed long before events after Randy's death. It unfortunately makes me think theres a troubling amount of half-truths that could (not definately) get thrown back and forth because of bitter feelings.
Randy once had to stop Ozzy from beating the snot out of Kelli because of an incident when they were younger. Kelli once pulled a gun on Randy after and argument over Kevin Dubrow and fired a shot over his head. Ozzy jumoed at Kelli when he met him years later and yelled "Your the guy who fired a gun at my guitarist".
Theres a strange aura of protectiveness that exists around Randy in so many levels from everybody who knew him, it gets difficult to distinguish the truths, half-truths, misinformation, outright lies and urban legends.

It's frustrating.
mauk 1

Post by mauk 1 »

The_Scratch wrote:Thanks for the referance.
I am not 100% convinced it happened, but certainly on the side that it was likely.

I would love to hear Tommy Aldridges side of this, as much as I like reading Kelli Garni's perspectives on Randy, and he was certainly close to him to know very intimate details, theres an issue with Garni and Ozzy that existed long before events after Randy's death. It unfortunately makes me think theres a troubling amount of half-truths that could (not definately) get thrown back and forth because of bitter feelings.
Randy once had to stop Ozzy from beating the snot out of Kelli because of an incident when they were younger. Kelli once pulled a gun on Randy after and argument over Kevin Dubrow and fired a shot over his head. Ozzy jumoed at Kelli when he met him years later and yelled "Your the guy who fired a gun at my guitarist".
Theres a strange aura of protectiveness that exists around Randy in so many levels from everybody who knew him, it gets difficult to distinguish the truths, half-truths, misinformation, outright lies and urban legends.

It's frustrating.

I believe I read the same article,, the gunshot thing, then turned into a fight(wrestling match) between Randy and Garni which ended up tearing the long thumbnail off Randys thumb,,, same thumbnail thats embossed in the headstock of garni's custom Bass..........http://www.guitarworld.com/randy-rhoads-thumbs

I have also read that Tommy said he found the large bag of Coke, and threw it into the surrounding woods....

What i dont understand is..
Randy hated to fly, and Mrs. Youngblood never have been on a plane,, This is stated in Rudy's book that she dressed up for the ride showing how excited she was to do so...
My question is why would a "PILOT" ( with an expired license) "Dive Bomb" an aircraft with 2 passengers that couldn't have been "Comfortable" at such a maneuver,, Or the thought of one...?
Mrs. Youngblood has been noted as having a heart condition at the time,,,
and It also states In Rudy's book ,, That Don seen a "Struggle in the cockpit" before the plan about took his head off, While looking through a Telephoto lens on the camera he was taking pictures with......

As I read on these forums awhile back...( which is a very good Hypothesis )
Maybe Mrs Youngblood went into Cardiac Arrest,, and being that she was sitting in the front passengers seat> ( Randy was in the back,Plane seated 2 up front, and 1 in back,,,As stated on these forums) and she slumped forward ,,Into the yoke (The plane had 2 controls in front, as it was stated as being a trainer plane) and The "Struggle" Don witnessed, may have been them trying to get her back off the control (stick) so AA could try and regain control........

????????????
All good Theories indeed,,,
I agree,, we will never know....I Dont claim to know,,,,
But I have good reason to believe $haron knows more then she lets on...
Ozzy was so blitzed,, he wouldnt remember anything,,So he surly wouldnt ,,Run into the house and tell the person inside...
"Uhh memm huhh .. House is ,,,um um um On uh uh uh uh Fire man".( As he has stated ).............( But it was Don And Tommy that did,,,As stated in Rudy's book)
Ozzy has stated he dont remember alot of that era....Shows,, fights with Randy,, Rudy,, and FIRING them both one morning in Dallas .....
so how could he remember exactly what happened that morning on March 19,,,,,

he was told what to say.....

along with many others.....(everyone at the scene)
in Rudy's book,, he states that $haron was Shaking,and screaming at Jake,, "You Bastard,,,Why did you let them go up with him (AA) without "MY" permission? (proof of $haron calling all the shots),,,,he had been driving all night.. Dont you know that man (AA) had already killed one of the Calhouns kids in a Helicopter crash...?" ( Maybe why Aycocks pilots license was "Expired" or revoked pending investigation???? :shock: :?: ),,,,?Again,, just a theory.............
But keep in mind... Ozzy was a big deal at this time,, and was getting alot of recognition ,,
So im sure many levels was taken to protect him,,
but again,,just a theory.......

We may never know,,,,,, :?
and as posted in this thread,,, Knowing wont bring them back.... :(
ImageImage