Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Re: 29 years ago RR remembered.

Post by Geo Sav »

Did you do that? If so looks cool. 8)
meadsie

Post by meadsie »

Rokket - Where on earth did you get that photo of the bus on the morning of the crash from?!!!!

I have NEVER seen that before. :?:

:shock:
Koticheck

#category

Post by Koticheck »

sure you are right
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Yeh I don't remember seeing that picture before.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

meadsie wrote:Rokket - Where on earth did you get that photo of the bus on the morning of the crash from?!!!!

I have NEVER seen that before. :?:

:shock:
The photo was taken by Jake Duncan about hour before the crash. It's one of many photo's that is in a 40 page folder I put together about that day. All the official reports, documents and statements, from the band members etc, Wanda Aycock, Mike Smalt from the lake County Sheriff's Office (first official on the scene), Jake Duncan, FAA, Toxicology Research Unit, Autopsy reports from the Lake Community Hospital, and more.

I wanted as much of an understanding of what happened as possible. Thats how my mind works on any subject, good or bad.

To sum up what I found briefly -

The accident investigation was poor at best, no examination of the wreckage to help determine a cause. All put down to "Pilot Error" based on the witness reports, nothing more. To me, that is not a proper investigation of an accident.

The plane that was used on the day appears to have been modified for wing tip tanks but not inspected after it was modified.
The plane had not been inspected for 12 months.

Aycocks license had expired, BUT, that doesn't make him a "bad" pilot, he had 1500 hrs flying experience, rated for multi-and single engine aircraft.

The toxicology report shows he had "traces" (which means very little) of cocaine in his urine, which means he wasn't "coked of his head" on that morning or it would have also been present in his blood, which it was not.

It has been said that Aycock had no permission to take a plane out, of course not, who would want to say they gave permission and take that responsiblilty? Thats right...no one.

There was no statement from Calhoun (the property owner) because he was "away on business in Detroit", yes that is true, BUT, he was there that morning with Aycock at the house, and left shortly after to go to Detroit, SO.....what did Aycock and Calhoun talk about?...taking a plane up perhaps? he should have gave a statement, but then, like i said, a modified plane, hasn't been inspected, perhaps a judgement call was made? "it'll be fine to take up"......no one is going to own up to that.

There are more questions than answers.

Lastly a statement from Don Airey.

"I'll just say this one thing about this and I don't want to say anything more. I had to give a deposition to the FAA and the guy said to me, "If it's any comfort, this wasn't an accident."

A lot of people say ..."well yeah Aycock did it on purpose to try and hit his ex.wife thats why it isn't an accident".......ok, but she was in the house at the time, had been all morning, the only two people outside the bus were Don and Jake, why hit the bus?

But think outside the square............if someone gave permission to take a plane up that had been modified and not inspected for 12 months, who would be accountable for the accident?

Yeah. Think about it.

No none of this brings people back, it doesn't change what happened, I know that, but it deserved to be investigated properly not half-assed, if for nothing else, out of respect for the people who died.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

C'mon,only thing missing from that blurry photo is bigfoot! Of course Jake took the photo walked out to the far side of the property and took a pic,in black n white of course only to witness the crash leak 1photo and never speak about it again? Doesn't add up,post a clear pic and some of the 40 pages you have . Not flaming you rocket ,the pic don't look right to me IMO
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

JAY wrote:C'mon,only thing missing from that blurry photo is bigfoot! Of course Jake took the photo walked out to the far side of the property and took a pic,in black n white of course only to witness the crash leak 1photo and never speak about it again? Doesn't add up,post a clear pic and some of the 40 pages you have . Not flaming you rocket ,the pic don't look right to me IMO
I don't think it's unreasonable to think he walked around the property that morning taking some photos, why not, or is it on the way to the air strip, I don't know. If you think it's a doctored photo there's not much I can do about it. The shot is what it is. And he has spoken about the crash.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Just my 2 cents bro! Post some more of the 40 pages,would liven the board up!
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

JAY wrote:Just my 2 cents bro! Post some more of the 40 pages,would liven the board up!
Do people here on the board really want to read the autopsy and toxicology reports? They can be found on the net, along with the FAA reports as well as the statements given by the band, Sharon etc..........

I don't need to post anything like that, nor do I want too.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

JAY wrote:C'mon,only thing missing from that blurry photo is bigfoot! Of course Jake took the photo walked out to the far side of the property and took a pic,in black n white of course only to witness the crash leak 1photo and never speak about it again? Doesn't add up,post a clear pic and some of the 40 pages you have . Not flaming you rocket ,the pic don't look right to me IMO
Yeah i have to agree i noticed a small palm tree that was planted after the accident. The front of the house has changed alot since the 80's. The pine tree which the plane crashed into is gone. A pond, fountain and a greek god style statue have been placed where the bus would of been parked in front of the house. Rokket do you have much info about Jake Duncan ?. As i have contacted him a couple of times, but i've never had much feedback from him. I think Peter Margolis interviewed him for the doc. It would be interesting to hear his side of the accident.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Yeah i have to agree i noticed a small palm tree that was planted after the accident. The front of the house has changed alot since the 80's. The pine tree which the plane crashed into is gone. A pond, fountain and a greek god style statue have been placed where the bus would of been parked in front of the house. Rokket do you have much info about Jake Duncan ?. As i have contacted him a couple of times, but i've never had much feedback from him. I think Peter Margolis interviewed him for the doc. It would be interesting to hear his side of the accident.
I posted a Jake Duncan article a while back in another thread, it's all I can find about Jake Duncan's version of events.
download/file.php?id=2630&mode=view
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:This was something that happened a few days after the fatal accident. Suing for millions read on....
I find it interesting that a lawsuit can be brought against anyone except Aycock, as he supposedly took the aircraft without permission from anyone, and without a valid license, and took people up joy riding.

If someone steals my car from the garage, takes people joy riding and it results in those people's death, I can be held responsible? I don't believe so.

I think, and have always thought, that there are pieces missing to the puzzle of what exactly went on that day and who was and wasn't involved directly or indirectly.

Also interesting to note that the article say's Randy was involved in the first three albums.......
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Could be a typo but as like everything else we will never know.
dasboot

Post by dasboot »

I had never heard of a wrongful death suite till now, although I always thought there should have been one. A lawsuit like this tends to bring out a lot of facts. Anyone know the outcome? The coach company is totally liable as Aycock was on the clock doing a job and then he got everyone killed (even if RY caused the crash by panicking) . The plaintiff lawyers were correct in citing Rhoads' potential for future income. I mean, the guy has made millions dead-think of everything he would have gone on to do and money from live shows, endorsements, etc.
"He could interpret blazing renditions of his compositions as easily as taking a breath"-Rudy Sarzo